Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies -Together we can do more! (Read 253 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

B-Plus

I'll assume you are on the other side of the world too Gustav, and say good evening to you.

I ran 10 miles @ 8:26 pace. I did 4 loops of the castle and park. My bags are semi-packed, and I'm off to a special dinner once my friend gets back from work. I think I'll go to the bar first and get a head start. See you guys back on the other side tomorrow, which will also be tomorrow.

Weezer88

Mornig Gustav!

Undecided  Heading out for just about an hour this AM.

After work the family and I are heading up north to my in-laws.  We haven't seen them in about a year.

Have a GREAT Friday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Since I can't run, I have all this pent-up energy and find it hard to sleep. Does anyone else experience this?

Did a full body workout at the gym on the circuit machines last night. Right now my only cardio is singing.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

2.58 miles with a few strides to stay loose for the race tomorrow, average pace 7:10/mile.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! The Winter seems to be a ho-hum time of year to run in Upstate NY. There are very few races. I guess it is all preparation for the Spring time. It is probably a good time to build some base miles. I think it is almost time for some new running shoes. My Boston 3's have almost 330 miles on them. I will probably go another week or 2. I have an almost new pair of Kinvara 3's but I am not convinced they are the right shoes for me yet. 

I figured out how to transfer my data from Gamin Connect to this site. If anyone needs help with that, please let me know. I also have my 610 paired with both sites now. When I upload the data from my watch, it goes to both sites now.

I ran 5.4 miles @ 8:01 pace last night. The first mile @ 8:41 and the last mile @ 7:41. 

Run lon, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

StepbyStep-SH

I'll get an hour or so in sometime around midday, but first on the agenda is making enough "ants on a log" to feed 22 first-graders. Hope the kids like them!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

sleepy

not lazy, just tired

Morning All! Enough skiing for this week and going out for a run this morning, aiming for 6 ish miles.

Hoping for good runs for everyone, and, Step, ants on a log are a classic. Of course the kids will like them!

SUSchnauzer, is there a way to get the Garmin data to upload to RA at the same time it uploads to Garmin Connect, or do you go through the import training data in the tools section? I have managed to import all the old stuff from Garmin Connect.

Not if it makes sense.

delicate flower

Helloooooo FRIDAY!  Boy, these five day work weeks are the worst!  Thankfully I have been busy as heck lately, so this week went by nice and fast. 

6.7 miles last night at 8:20 pace.  I had planned an easier run, but my legs felt great so I pushed the pace a little.  After a lousy run Wednesday, I was happy my legs felt so good so I just went with it.  I still kept it in check though.  It sure is getting chilly.  25 degrees at the end of my run.  It feels like just a few weeks ago I was running in 90 degree heat and struggling with a 9:30 pace. 

7-8 miles on the treadmill planned after work, then a Jack and Jill.  Have a great Friday and weekend.  Enjoy listening to your Foghat tunes. 

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I took a mental health day today. Running with the LRS tonight - we'll run through Bethlehem to look at the Christmas lights. I think lilac_jive will be there too!
                        runmomto3boys

13 miles on tap for tonight, but I am going to make it 13.2.  That will give me 340 miles for the month, a PB. I am happy about that!

delicate flower

That will give me 340 miles for the month, a PB. I am happy about that!

Damn.  That is fantastic.  I've got a huge PR mileage month going and am still about a hundred miles short of you.  Big grin

<3

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

OMG TGIF!

Finished Defending Jacob last night - EEK didn't see the end coming - recommended reading......

So what do you kids think?  Are we staying here?  No more RW?

Mmmmm...beer

13 miles on tap for tonight, but I am going to make it 13.2.  That will give me 340 miles for the month, a PB. I am happy about that!

You're a machine, nice job! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!