Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies -Together we can do more! (Read 253 times)

seeamyrun

Good morning runners!

8 easy miles this morning...hot and humid. I wish the weather would make up it's mind.

I'm gonna try to squeeze in five more tonight.

Off to get my hair cut...long overdue!

RMTB, Baboon, and  Easy...nice miles this month!

StepbyStep-SH

Greetings runners.

step: ants on a log? I think I need to google......  it's tasty I'm guessing!

Easy: Celery stick, filled with peanut butter, raisins on top. The kids loved them! Only two chose not to have them, and several asked for seconds. I was surprised at how many also took a plain celery stick. Give kids healthy snack options and they WILL eat them, especially if you make them fun.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning everyone.  I did 4.15 this morning just to shake my legs out before pacing a half tomorrow.  Actually, I ran 3 miles at easy pace and then the fourth mile tried to run the pace I'll be pacing (7:15).  I finally feel like I "found" the pace.  I had been trying to hit it by stretching my stride like I would if I was doing a tempo pace run for me.  In doing so, I was going too quickly.  Instead, it's actually just my easy pace stride with a quicker turnover.  I feel much more confident now that I'll be able to do a good job tomorrow.

Basya...Have fun with the ab work.  I think of abs as more for vanity than fitness, but worth it either way!

NevrGiveUP...I just took my mom in for an MRI this morning too lol.  Anyways, I hope you get the results you're looking for so that you don't have to exercise too much more patience.

Kay...Have a great lunchtime run.  Congrats on your awesome performance review, and the fact that your boss is encouraging your running.

Eddie...I'm just far enough from the metroparks that I don't run in them, but I wish I had them available and can see why you'd miss them.  I hope you find some good spots...scouting is always kinda exciting.

Beach...Ha, no need to suffer alone.  Although there's something about your name that makes it sound like you should be running in warmer climes.

Pink...Sounds like a fun event!  I hope it goes well and doesn't have any impact on your half coming up.

Docket...Nope, not talking to you in two places Smile

RMT3B...That's an awesome PB.  You really seem to have the capacity to log serious miles, of which I am totally jealous.  I don't normally make any effort to round off my distances to reach numbers, but I'd be doing it in your case too.  I hope the run goes well and that your stomach isn't an issue.  I wish I could have recorded mine the other day.  I swear it made the sound of a single penny bouncing in a tin can!

Lilac...Oh, that Mizuno stuff is the best!  Did they have you test it where you hold the fabric in your hand, then pour water over it, and the water warms in your hand?  I have a top and tights, but usually save both for if it's in the 20s.  Have a good run.

Easymiles...Those aren't easy numbers at all, especially with that consistency.  Congrats on the great work.

Mtnbiker...Always nice to have a good book going...I've been reading a couple that I got at the dollar store recently ha. 

Coderunner...Sorry it's been tough...we all hit those funks.  Good luck with everything.

OutofBlue...Don't step in too many puddles!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm going to look at at new running spot after work.  They aren't as plentiful around here.  I miss the Cleveland Metroparks something fierce.  

Although I have quite a few options here in SE Tennessee, I also miss the metroparks. I ran a bit (briefly and sporadically) in Big Creek parkway many years ago when I wasn't really a runner. So much variety.

RMT3B - 340 miles in a month - that's awesome. That's up in Jen territory!

Oh, Morning, Dailies! Or almost afternoon!

Grabbing a small breakfast in a bit, then out for 4-5 miles on the hilly course to finish out the week. Night shifts put a damper and a time limit on my runs, but that's OK. I'm streaking now! Ha!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

4.04 miles this morning - day 10 of my streak. Thankful November is over and I can get back in the swing of things. My mileage took a big hit with taper, babying my twingy knee pre-race, and recovery.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Side note - I just signed up for next year's 4 bridges half marathon in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It's not until October but that should give me plenty of time to work on getting faster!

StepbyStep-SH

Have fun pacing tomorrow, SIAR! I'll be pacing a half in May, but about 3 min/mile slower than you are.

Nice morning for a run, cloudy, but no wind. 5.63 miles. Gives me about 56 for the month of November, which was a fairly normal week this summer. Hopefully, though, I've put the injury behind me and can start getting back up to my typical mileage.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...Thanks...Ideally I'd be doing the group that's 5 minutes slower, but I'm hoping to make it work.  I don't know, is there some kind of formula for what one should pace?  Like 10 minutes off your own PR, or 20 or more?  I'm glad you're feeling more healthy.  I feel kinda nosey, but I like that you can click on people's training logs.  You've done some killer work!

Tom...I used to sign up for races that far out, but eating one marathon race fee was enough to make me change my ways!  It is nice to have that long to plan though.

Seeamyrun...Ugh, haircut...I have a huge shaggy mop on my head, and it definitely should be removed soon.  Enjoy that heat, most of us are quite jealous.

Flippy...It's hard not to feel disappointed when the miles fall back, but those are definitely legit reasons for taking it easy.  Nice job with the 4 and 10 days.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Like April said, I'll be at the LRS doing a 5.5 mile night run and looking at all the pretty lights. I'm torn on whether I should wear my new Mizuno heat thingy jacket (it warms up with your sweat, gross but cool) or my bright Saucony jacket. It's going to be chilly, so I don't think the Saucony one will be warm enough, but my Mizuno jacket isn't brightly colored and that's kind of the point of the run.

I'll make April decide for me Smile

I went to Marshall's today and bought a dark purple zip that I plan on wearing. It was my reward for getting a kick-ass Christmas bonus. So, if you decide on the Mizuno, you won't be the only one not wearing neon. Smile

@runjerseygirl

4.15 in 41:49.  I think that's my fastest sustained pace (10:05) to date.  And I was shocked that it felt pretty comfortable.

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

So I'm a Runner, yes!! They did that and I was like OMG SOLD! It's probably going to be in the 20s so I think it's justified. Plus I haven't worn it yet and I really really want to.

April, my Mizuno top is purple. We will match, uh oh! I've never picked up gear at Marshall's, do they usually have a good selection! Congrats on the bonus by the way Smile

YAYpril - B-Plus

So I'm a Runner, yes!! They did that and I was like OMG SOLD! It's probably going to be in the 20s so I think it's justified. Plus I haven't worn it yet and I really really want to.

April, my Mizuno top is purple. We will match, uh oh! I've never picked up gear at Marshall's, do they usually have a good selection! Congrats on the bonus by the way Smile

Thanks!! I also bought a top for the Christmas City Classic 5-Miler. Are you doing that one? I'm less than 5 minutes from the Marshall's on Union Blvd. It's dangerous. Their running gear is hit or miss but I've gotten some good deals.
                          Robert31320

Team TJ

No run day 5 for me.  Foot feel good now.

Saturday morning, I run!  I have $30 invested in that one so not running is mot an option.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks!! I also bought a top for the Christmas City Classic 5-Miller. Are you doing that one? I'm less than 5 minutes from the Marshall's on Union Blvd. It's dangerous. Their running gear is hut or miss but I've gotten some good deals.

Nope, all sold out (shucks). It sounds weird, but we have a really awesome thrift store 5 minutes from my house. That's my danger zone. Lots of rich folks live nearby and donate all of their expensive stuff. I frequently walk out there spending over $50 (this is no easy feat at a thrift store). I always find a ton of summer tech gear, presumably because everyone tries to lose weight over the summer but gives up. No winter gear sadly, I guess that's all for the insane, I mean commited people.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom...I used to sign up for races that far out, but eating one marathon race fee was enough to make me change my ways!  It is nice to have that long to plan though.

But, but I saved $5! Actually, for me, it's more of an issue with planning around my awkward rotating shift work schedule. Had I won the lottery yesterday (which I didn't play), I could probably avoid planning that far in advance.

There is that chance that I'll get hurt and won't be able to run it, but that's a chance I'll take in return for getting a spot in the race. I don't think this will be a huge race - don't remember if it sold out this year or not.

Anyway, 5 miles done, 9:08 pace which is about marathon pace for me really. The route I chose included a moderate hill, which I hit 3 times. Not huge like the wind-sucker that I have been hitting lately, but this one is 10-15 minutes closer to home and I'm between night shifts so I don't want to waste too much time driving around.

I'm pretty happy with the run. My easy pace continues to get faster, though maybe I'm just pushing it a bit more. But I don't think so - it wasn't that long ago that I'd finish a run at a 10:45-11:00 pace and really be "huffin' and puffin'" at the end of the run. And that would be only a 3.5 or 4 mile run. Although I wasn't at a resting pace, I felt like I could have continued on for a couple more miles today without any problem.

I need a race to test my fitness!