Beginners and Beyond

Not enough caffeine in the world Penguins (Read 29 times)

Zelanie

D- Hope you have another good run tonight!

Mitch- Forgot to say that my plan doesn't spell out any of the other runs other than the quality ones.  The rest is up to you, just make it add up to the weekly target.

Oh, and I'm running 8ish tonight with the social group.

Bin Running

Vance, thanks for starting and glad the knee behaves..

Awood, go do a tune up race or maybe a time trial?

Kristin, good luck on the 5K..

Dave, hurray for a great run.. It's run like this that made us addicated to running..

Scotty, hope the ultrasound clear you..

Mitch, Speedy on that 6.2M.. Enjoy the easy miles later.

Tomas, Awesome job on that 8.2M.. Congrats on monthly PB

Mel, you had come a long way.. You are so gonna kill that HM

Damaris, Do you need those jab regularly? Enjoy the 10-13 later

Jack, Newton is kind of shoe either you like it or you don't I guess. haven't got a chance to try them.. Maybe nvr.. Then again, never say never.. haa

Today is my medal ceremony for completing my national services liability.. Kind of a mixed feeling..
      Ran 9M which started a little too fast and I had to maintain it .. 9:30 pace..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Quick hello  from work! Plan on 5 miles after work and its supposed to be in the upper 40's!!

Jack - what don't you like about the Newtons?

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

I've never tried them but if you don't love your shoes on the first try, find ones that do rock your socks.  Good luck.

Hi Pens...

I am not caring for my Newtons too much so they are going back today. Later I am going to the LRS to see about a new pair. Assuming I get my run in, it will be a tempo run; 1 mile warm up, 20 minutes hard(7:20) and 1 mile cool down.

Have a good day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You mean the shots?  Once a week for another year.  It's been a bit over a year and my asthma has done much better as my lethal allergy to dustmites has gone down to severe, LOL.

Vance, thanks for starting and glad the knee behaves..

Awood, go do a tune up race or maybe a time trial?

Kristin, good luck on the 5K..

Dave, hurray for a great run.. It's run like this that made us addicated to running..

Scotty, hope the ultrasound clear you..

Mitch, Speedy on that 6.2M.. Enjoy the easy miles later.

Tomas, Awesome job on that 8.2M.. Congrats on monthly PB

Mel, you had come a long way.. You are so gonna kill that HM

Damaris, Do you need those jab regularly? Enjoy the 10-13 later

Jack, Newton is kind of shoe either you like it or you don't I guess. haven't got a chance to try them.. Maybe nvr.. Then again, never say never.. haa

Today is my medal ceremony for completing my national services liability.. Kind of a mixed feeling..

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Gus: I can't get used to the lugs on the bottom. The shoes could have been the wrong size, but I always felt like those things were stabbing the bottom of my feet. For me they were an experiment.

i could use a shot!!!

I prefer some sort of bourbon or maybe a good tequila

Morning!  Back from my allergy shot, working from home now.  10-13 miles tonight.

Have a nice day!

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

You mean the shots?  Once a week for another year.  It's been a bit over a year and my asthma has done much better as my lethal allergy to dustmites has gone down to severe, LOL.

Once a week for another thing... You poor thing.. Maybe I had mentioned this before.. I used to had childhood asthma and it's not a nice feeling when it acted.. You are one tough cookie..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Had to look it up, didn't know Singapore had conscription.  So this means you're done with your active obligation?  Are you going to stay?

Good run btw! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Bin, I missed the service thing.  Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Thanks, Damaris..

Dave, I have done with my active obligation.. Can't stay on if I wanted.. Big grin

Will still be on mobilization call (which is pretty rare) till I am 40.. Other than that, I am pretty much "retired".. Still remember it is the yearly PFT that prompt me to start running seriously..  ** just managed to scrap thru every year before RWOL**

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Zel, that would be great! Sure you don't mind sharing?

Bin, congrats on the service award.

SheCan

Morning Penguins!  I'm currently enjoying my after run caffeine.  It was a little nippy out there, I gotta warm up.

N-bug--   Glad your knee is feeling better. A Suds and Snow weekend sounds pretty alrighty in my book.

kristin-- Good for you for playing it safe and smart.  Your body will get used to the new diet as long as its not super restrictive.  You'll stop feeling so hungry.

dtothe2nd--- what a dreamy run you had today!  We all know you'll knock it outta the ball park this weekend.  You're the runner I wanna grow up to be!

scotty--- brrrr@ 42*  Good luck with the ultrasound.  I sure hope your hernia isn't back.

t-rod- congrats on the monthly PR!  I'm not surprised.  You've been putting in lots of great workouts.

Jack -   hope you find some better shoes!

bin- wow, great workout!  Enjoy the ceremony.

Just got an easy 6 miles in.  Was in the 40*s and felt a bit too cool to me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: congrats to you and thank you for your service! Who  cares if I don't live in Singapore, thanks anyway Smile

Morning Penguins!  I'm currently enjoying my after run caffeine.  It was a little nippy out there, I gotta warm up.

t-rod- congrats on the monthly PR!  I'm not surprised.  You've been putting in lots of great workouts.

Just got an easy 6 miles in.  Was in the 40*s and felt a bit too cool to me.

not sure about great....but do get out there in that 48 degree cold weather Smile

I have told myself slow and consistent is better than slow and every once in a while. 4:45 alarms are kinda oddly not too painful

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas