Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Poetry Tuesday (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Poetry at Work Day!

PADRunner

4 done on the TM this morning and group tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and maybe a short run with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm having a much less homicidal day today, which is a good thing.  Poetry day, huh?  I have a couple of Maya Angelou poems tacked to my bulletin board, since she was a professor at my alma mater (Wake Forest) and passed away late last year.  I have Phenomenal Woman and Still I Rise, because they make me happy.

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 and enjoy the group!!

Docket -- have fun with Pilates and hubby!!  I mean, running with hubby. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

morning penguins

my Rt Shin is acting up.  I took a rest day yesterday and may do a few easy tonight, Im undecided.

zel, Jack is right.  You will have so much free time when your teen starts driving!  did you end up running last night?

pad, enjoy your double

hopes, don't kill anyone

hey Damaris and everyone else who enters the lair o' the Penguins later

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

PAD: Nice double!

Traci: I forget, did a doctor ever have a look at your shin trouble? I would think with some rest that is would just clear itself up.  I doubt it's a stress fracture.

Hi everyone else.

Week 3 of training starts today with 10 miles, easy pace. My runs during the week will have to be done while DD is at swim practice. This is bad because there is not a good area to run there; too many signals and too much traffic, but I will have to manage. It will be nice when the new track is installed. I imagine I will use for quite a few miles.  Now the mpw starts to ramp up and I just hope my body can hold on for the next 16 weeks.

See ya.

From the Internet.

Morning!

First workout of HM training yesterday early morning yesterday - just feeling out where I'm at after surgery and a few months of easy miles. 8x2 min pickups (last one 2:30), 2x hills in the middle. 6.1 miles total. Weights midday - squat, OHP, glute bridges.

I got a million hours of sleep last night after all that and ran 3.3 easy/recovery miles this morning. Still feeling good!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  Easy 4 done for me today. Have a nice day!

hog4life

5 miles in some great feels like 25 temps this morning.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So next time you 'real winter' folks are out for a run and get cold, find some other 'penguins' and get huddled!  I bet Free Soul would love that... 

No huddling for me today, I think.   Get off work at 4 pm, will probably be out and doing my run/walk by 4:30 or 5 PM.    Sunny, 46 degrees with a light 8 mph wind making it feel like 42 degrees, so not bad. Plan on about 4 miles.  Have not yet decided where I am going to run today though...maybe the university campus...maybe one of the many local parks we have here....I have too many darn running route choices!  Tough, isn't it? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy day for everyone today?  Not much posting going on.

Get off work at 4 pm, will probably be out and doing my run/walk by 4:30 or 5 PM.    Sunny, 46 degrees with a light 8 mph wind making it feel like 42 degrees, so not bad. Plan on about 4 miles.  Have not yet decided where I am going to run today though...maybe the university campus...maybe one of the many local parks we have here....I have too many darn running route choices!  Tough, isn't it? 

Happy group run tonite, PAD?  How are you going to fit the group on a treadmill?

Hope your hubby's knee is feeling better, Damaris.

Non-homicidal days are always a good thing, HsM.  If you have to kill something, find some chocolate and kill that..

zel, Jack is right.  You will have so much free time when your teen starts driving!    Of course, Traci, Zel may not always have a car now that her teen is driving...     Hope your shin is feeling better.

Well, Jack, you could always do some pool running while your daughter is at swim practice.  I am sure that would not embarrass her at all...

Good luck with the training, Lauren.  Glad you are still feeling good.

Have a nice day yourself, Brilliant!

"feels like 25' does not sound fun, Mitch.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

I just remembered that I have seminar at 3:30.  This is good, because sometimes I remember that I have seminar at 3:30 around 3:45 or 4:00!  (Or the next day ...)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 track miles for me.  That's about 44 laps.  Dizzy.