Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies need to wake up already this morning omg (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

7:30 and no dailies yet?  What's going on here this morning, people!

How was your weekend?  What'd ya do?  You know, besides everything you already mentioned in the Saturday and Sunday dailies?

8 miles planned after work.  It'll be cold, but the temps are supposed to start creeping back up each day this week.  I'll take it!  I kept thinking I had a HM in two weeks...it's actually in three weeks.  Even better!

<3

SRD.

Dave

happylily

I don't know why my SO thought it was a good idea to serve me coffee with my piece of cake at 9:30 pm last night. I stayed awake 'til 3 am while he was snoring away. Now trying to caffeinate myself to shake the zombiness out of me and all I'm doing is raise my HR, but I still feel half asleep. Argh... Just another Monday, I guess.

10 recovery miles after work. I think I'll have to roll the stick on my legs. I feel all kind of wonkiness in them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two races done on Saturday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

UTSA Diploma Dash at 8 a.m.:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/967062d3fa264ff5ab645fccb4e3ead0/resume#focus

Neon Sun 5K at 5 PM:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2bf45fde4c71495b81649d10dc8898a5

Rest day today...and it's cold again in San Antonio.  80s yesterday and this morning we are in the 20s, with a high going only to 42 today.  Stupid Texas weather!

My upcoming races for this month:

March 8:  Give Love 5K (San Antonio)

March 15:  Donovan's St. Patrick's Day 5K  (San Antonio)

March 16: iRun Texas Shamrock Shuffle 5K (San Antonio)

March 22:  Heal The Soul 5K Run/Walk & Pet Adoption (Joshua Springs Preserve Comfort TX)

March 29:  NE School Foundation Run/Walk 5K at SeaWorld San Antonio

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! 4ish miles on the indoor track this morning with 5x ~70 meter strides toward the end. Garmin and footpod are telling me 4.15 but based on the time I think it's an overestimate, I tried to count laps to see how accurate or not the footpod is but failed miserably around 13 or so :P

This is the best I've felt during a Monday run in a while, I'm usually still feeling kind of stiff and sluggish after my Saturday long run, so I'm pretty happy. Planning for another couple weeks at 20 miles, probably a bit of a cutback week after that, and then will try to bump the mileage up to 23-24 if all is still going well.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies.

Been AWOL for a while and sick for the last week.  Feeling a lot better now and managed to get in 3.5 miles early this morning.  It's gonna be a great Monday.

Robert

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Pilates later

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, if you can say that about a day that set record low temperatures for this date - breaking a record from 1875. -19* when I drove to the Y for 7 slow miles on the indoor track. My legs are telling me that even after a rest day Sunday, they feel the effects of running 64.5 miles last week, when the last time I ran more than 55 mpw was a year ago. It took about 4 miles just for them to loosen up, and they were still tired and heavy through the whole run.

They will really hate me after I run 60 miles the next two weeks also.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A walk with some running intervals or a bike workout.

First day back at the office.  I am up to date but some things needed to be done today, so busy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Hey Dailies! So I managed 31.8 miles last week which is a all time high for me! My legs feel absolutely fantastic, if all continues to go this amazing I'm looking at a very strong year of running for me!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am not expecting to get my 6 miler in today, I might even have to stay home from work....... but if DH gets home before 8 PM I might try for my 6 miler.... might being the word. Tomorrow morning is going to be worse (colder, freezing). Right now it is 16 degrees with a feels like 3... but it looks like this winter bitch could just loosen her grip or even let go completely by Wednesday, letting Spring slowly come in. Temps will begin rising into the 40's Wednesday and then just keep getting higher (stopping around the 50's). I am hoping, I am praying for this.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I've been slacking in my daily posting.  Had an awesome LR yesterday, my last one before my marathon.  16.33 miles @ 7:55/mile avg pace, negative split with a 7:16 final mile.  Weather was absolutely perfect, my first shirtless run of the year.  I ran with music, which I don't do much anymore, but sometimes I'll do it out on this trail since I don't have to worry about cars.  There were a ton of people out there with the great weather, and I'm sure they all thought I was insane during the last four miles of the run.  I was feeling so good with the sun and the music that I couldn't help dancing and air drumming.  lol

Resting today while waiting for Snowpocalypse 3.0, they've already closed the schools and everything and we're only projected to get about an inch of a wintry mix, geez.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

SRD.

+1

My first since January 13th.  I would say I am due!

Lauren, I cannot even count to 50 without losing track!  lol

D2, I sometimes take music on my long runs as well because they are otherwise are snooze-fest!

Zelanie

Morning!  RD today and boy is it time for one!  We're going out to dinner for my birthday, which is actually tomorrow, but we have a bit more time today.  Cake tomorrow, though. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Cake sounds really good......... especially rich chocolate with creamy icing........... either vanilla or chocolate, doesn't matter to me Smile

Morning!  RD today and boy is it time for one!  We're going out to dinner for my birthday, which is actually tomorrow, but we have a bit more time today.  Cake tomorrow, though. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)