Beginners and Beyond

500 Festival Training Series 10K RR (kinda long...sorry!) (Read 74 times)

Ball of Fury

Thank you!  I am trying to work on my "mental toughness" this year!

Love those foxy splits you ran.  Wind is definitely tough, mentally and physically.  Even still, that mile 6 wasn't that far off.  Congrats on getting sub-47 and new PR in the process.  Keep up the great training!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Luke79

18th out of 815 females?  That's actually pretty badass.  Grats on a 10k well run.

Ball of Fury

Thanks Luke!!  I was excited about 4th in age group....until I saw 3rd place beat me by 3 minutes!!  Those were some fast chicks!

B-Plus

Great pacing and way to tough it out through that windy last mile. Congrats!

Ball of Fury

Thank you B-Plus!

Congrats. You are speedy!

I had no idea so many people signed up for the training series, and no idea it was timed, etc...

Nice run, and good luck in May.

I ran the training series 5k and 10k in 2010 and 2011 when I lived in Indiana and I thought they were really great races, even for someone like me who wasn't interested in the mini. And they are cheap!

Auhugh!!

Great job, Ami.

Way to crush that 48:00 mark by running a smart race.   Good luck at the mini marathon.

delicate flower

Sub-47!  Way to crush your goal, Ami!  Your splits look great.  Damn that headwind...it can be demoralizing at times.

By the way, this RR isn't even close to being "kinda long."  Wink

<3

Ball of Fury

Kaitlin:  Thanks!  I did think it was a well run race on a pretty flat course and not too crowded at all....and definitely cheap!

Shirfan and Phil:  Thanks so much!

Nice RR, and you are fast.

SheCan

You really are a ball of fury when you run!  Great fast time!  Congratulations on the magnificent PR!  I have no doubts you'll make your goal on the HM.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Congrats, that is a great time! Smile

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay, Ami!  Nice report and congrats on your under-48, way to go!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

Thank you so much IrishGuy, She-can, MJ, and Scotty!

Dr. Cornsitter

Your RR had a great amount of detail! It was like we were running that race right along with you (except I know I wouldn't be able to keep up, lol). Congrats on your PR! I'm sure the momentum alone with help you destroy that HM goal Smile

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.