Beginners and Beyond

RR travel question (Read 130 times)

slowrunningjulie

Has anyone experienced problems getting GU through security in a carry on?

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Never tried, but if it's under 3 ounces, I don't think you should have any problems.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nope, and I didn't have any trouble bringing my filled hydration pack through either...whoops.

**Ask me about streaking**

Plus you are good with your pocketknives now too.

Dave

bingo_jenn

I put it in the ziplock with my toiletries.  Never had an issue.

slowrunningjulie

Thanks. I knew that the individual packs are under the limit, but if I bring 6, their cumulative weight is over the limit, so I didn't know. I don't want them to take my GU!

Upcoming:

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Thanks. I knew that the individual packs are under the limit, but if I bring 6, their cumulative weight is over the limit, so I didn't know. I don't want them to take my GU!

Usually they don't care about the cumulative amount, as long as the containers are all less than 100 mL (I think that's the amount) and they fit in the one plastic bag.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

aplodder

Susan

I don't think it will be problem, but you can always buy gu at the expo if it's confiscated.

slowrunningjulie

I don't think it will be problem, but you can always buy gu at the expo if it's confiscated.

Actually, the reason I was asking is if I was trying to decide if I should just do that exact thing instead of bringing it. But I am picky about my flavors and didn't want to have a minor panic attack if I couldn't find it for some reason. I am tapering, so I have nothing to do but sit around and obsess about such things...

Upcoming:

aplodder

Susan

I understand completely.  Smile

aplodder

Susan

(and I think you're safe from having a panic attack.  I just googled.  There are a few running stores in VA Beach.  Worst case scenario-yours is confiscated, you can't find the right flavors at the Expo, you can call around and find what you need at one of the running stores.)

slowrunningjulie

(and I think you're safe from having a panic attack.  I just googled.  There are a few running stores in VA Beach.  Worst case scenario-yours is confiscated, you can't find the right flavors at the Expo, you can call around and find what you need at one of the running stores.)

See, that is exactly the kind of rational, practical and helpful thing that I would expect someone who is not tapering to say. MY brain is going "SQUEEEEEE!!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!" And then I start to wonder if they have updated weather.com since I last checked it 14 minutes ago.

Upcoming:

aplodder

Susan

LOL-I get like this too, especially if I have to fly somewhere.  Usually sometime in my panic about possibly forgetting something, I am reminded that there are stores wherever I'm going.  Then I get paranoid about flights being cancelled and ending up at a strange airport without something I need...

bluerun

Super B****

I put it in the ziplock with my toiletries.  Never had an issue.

That's what I did, too.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Dumb question; why not pack them in your checked luggage?