Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! Whoop there it is (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I have a total of 21,793 things to do today, oddly though, running is not one of them.  With all the crap I got going if I make it home by 9:00 tonight I will be impressed.

Hopefully your day is not as busy?

Cyberic

Last night I decided today would be a rest day. Adaptations occur during rest, right? I want to adapt, lol.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Didn't get my run in this morning, not sure but I think Dorian is going through some growth pains or restless leg syndrome which wakes him up and keeps him up. I am hoping this doesn't last too much longer, or at least not the week of the race..... whatever he's dealing with but he's not crying about it, just won't shut up and go back to sleep.

I am hoping I can get in... say 3 or 4 miles this afternoon evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Going away for the weekend to run one last LR in preparation for NYCM. We're leaving around lunch time, my sister is replacing me at work. My bag is packed with 3 pairs of shorts, 2 running skirts, 2 3/4 tights, about 4 different racerback tanks, one technical long sleeve and 2 pairs of arm warmers. And I only plan to run once.  Of course, I also have 3 pairs of yoga pants packed in there as well. And a dress. And a multitude of dressy tops. We have tickets for The Book of Mormons. I heard it's good? We'll be back on Monday. Until then, be good, people, and GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE RACING!!!

6 with some short intervals this morning.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runninggirl30

Hey Gang!

Haven't done any running for the past few days.  Thanks to DH who gave me his respiratory virus germs!!!!  I lost my voice, my nose is plugged and running at the same time (how does that even happen?), I am coughing up both of my lungs and my head is going to explode!  The worst thing is that I was supposed to be doing a 5k tomorrow but if I'm still feeling like this I think I'm gonna have to back out which is something I've never done before Sad  That bothers me the most....was really looking forward to this.  I haven't eaten much the past few days so I don't even know if I have the energy to do it anyway.    So if you sing up for a race and can't do it, do you just not show up or do you have to let them know?  It's just a local Pumpkin Run so I'm thinking just not showing would be enough.  Boo Hoo on not getting the cool race shirt.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and may the force be with you.

LRB

My bag is packed with 3 pairs of shorts, 2 running skirts, 2 3/4 tights, about 4 different racerback tanks, one technical long sleeve and 2 pairs of arm warmers. And I only plan to run once. 

That is awesome!

delicate flower

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE RACING!!! 

According to the race thread, this is LRB and DaveP marathon weekend.  OH SNAP!  Good luck to my two internet brahs, as well as anyone else racing or just strapping on the shoes for some weekend jogging.

DaveP, how's the knee doing?

runninggirl, hope you start to feel better soon.

I did 14 yesterday between two runs.  Solid day of work.  My planned evening treadmill run turned into an outside run thanks to the weather clearing up.  I've got more easy miles to do this afternoon...just going to go easy so I'm good for my 20 miler tomorrow.

Dropped DW off a the airport this morning, so I'm on my own for four days.  I predict a lot of running, watching football, and eating food, which is what I'd be doing anyway if DW was home.

<3

LRB

So if you sing up for a race and can't do it, do you just not show up or do you have to let them know?  It's just a local Pumpkin Run so I'm thinking just not showing would be enough.  Boo Hoo on not getting the cool race shirt.

No, you do not need to notify anyone.  I would go to get my shirt though...not that I have ever done that. 

To give yourself a fighting chance, see if you can eat fruit (bananas, apples, oranges) or some type of greens (spinach, kale, etc.) and/or rice or potatoes just in case you wake up in the mood.

Good luck getting your run in FS.

Adapt well Cy.  lol

'Sup BBB!

delicate flower

'Sup BBB!

WHAT IT DO HOMECAKES!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yo.

I have 4 tonight.

Good luck,guys!

Enjoy, Lily!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Didn't get my run in this morning, not sure but I think Dorian is going through some growth pains or restless leg syndrome which wakes him up and keeps him up. I am hoping this doesn't last too much longer, or at least not the week of the race..... whatever he's dealing with but he's not crying about it, just won't shut up and go back to sleep.

I am hoping I can get in... say 3 or 4 miles this afternoon evening.

FS- My son would go through these develpmental leaps and would wake up during the night and not go back to sleep. I'd bring him to bed with me and he would jabber on for a while then w e would tell him it was time to rest and he would settle down. When you have to get your rest it is tough. I look back on it fondly now.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

WHAT IT DO HOMECAKES!

It's going to work in the daylight for the first time in forever, imagine that.  Damn running.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Whose racing this weekend?

Stonefence, he actually still currently sleeps with us so he lays there and just jabbers on and on and then will kick ferociously like he is really frustrated with his legs. I am debating on getting him a twin bed, he looks so adorable in the toddler bed but compared to our queen size I don't think his toddler bed is comfortable and that is why he can barely get more than 3-4 hours of sleep in his own bed 

With all these weird aches and other things going on in my body right now, I am debating on whether to take Dorian in the stroller this afternoon or see if my mom can watch him so I can go for a run by myself. I've been reading up on articles and blogs about the taper madness and so called phantom pains but I had no idea it would start this soon....... and I still have 2 weeks before the race 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Ahh good luck LRB and Dave! Dave I hope the knee is feeling better today.

I feel about 150% better than I did yesterday. No painkillers, OTC or otherwise, have been needed yet today. Walked 1.9 miles, shuffle-jogged about five steps at the end just because I'm a rule-breaker and I wanted to see if it would hurt (big surprise, of course it fucking did). Another 1+ mile walk on tap for this afternoon (DD's elementary school is 1/2 mile away and I'm not back to driving just yet), eating and lounging and putting a tentative training plan and race dates into my RA log in the meantime.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Now on my way home

Marjorie