Beginners and Beyond

If this doesn't capture the spirit of competition, I don't know what does (Read 153 times)

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's got to be the first time I've seen a 60m race come down to a finishing kick.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Hip Hip Hooray

Come from behind victory!

I think one is a gazelle and one is a glider...guess who won! Wink

Overcoming sarcoidosis one step at a time...

Gator eye

Kind of a slow starter but once he got those legs going there was no stopping him.Cool

GinnyinPA

Shows what happens with fast turnover.  Short steps, but lots of them.

Jack K.

I love sponge cake.

That was great. I can only hope I will be able to do that someday. Thanks, LtH.

2014 races

Santa Anita Derby Day 5k - 5 Apr  

Mountains to Beach Marathon - 25 May

tracilynn

On shin transplant list

Cool

<3

~~~~~~~

Traci

Supersono99

They're so cute.

LRB

Dreamer

He toyed with him, it was in the bag the entire time.  ; )

MRT: This too shall pass

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I like how they're so competitive that they don't even shake hands immediately.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

I wonder how many rest days followed that run.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

MrNamtor

DON'T TREAD ON ME

These guys are fast man. I'm guessing that they are by some criteria better runners than anyone on this thread

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I had to watch twice to make sure I wasn't one of the contestants.

OK, not quite yet, but give me 10-30 years and I WILL be in that race.

I will note that the skinny grandfather beat the somewhat heavier grandfather. But not by much!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Both of these guys were 90+ which shows that you don't have to stop just because you get older.  Fits in very nicely with my long term running goal.  There was a 90 year old who ran 6:35:47 in the Marshall University Marathon in Huntington, WV last year.  It set a world record for 90 year old males.  Maybe I can make it my goal to beat that time.  Smile

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).