Beginners and Beyond

Long time no see TuesDAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

I ran into the track during my jog this morning. He looks good.

Cyberic

I'll run into the sun at lunch. Hope she doesn't look too hot 

delicate flower

Hello!  Everyone have their coffee?  I got mine!  Off-road triathlon #2 tonight.  My goal is to improve on last week's time (1:06), which should be doable since I'm not tired like I was last week.

<3

Little Blue

Good morning!  Just finishing coffee.  Rest day here, everything hurts, and I have to shovel 4 yards of mulch in a couple of hours.  Ya'll have a good one!

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Nice track work there.

Cyberic99, have a pleasant lunchtime run.

Phil, good luck tonight.

Little Blue, feel OK soon. Happy crosstraining in the yard.

Last night, I did an hour on the AMT, instead of running. This morning, I ran 7.0 in 1:03:27. 9:04 pace. It sucked. I wanted it to end as soon as it started. My body felt and feels just fine. I just couldn't get into it.

Weights tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, people of the B&B!  I have Pilates and 11 miles tonight.  Fortunately, I am in Court and then off for the rest of the day, which means I will not get to see the bitch at work again.  We are working together on some issue and talking to her is like talking to a child that's having a tantrum.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I ran into the lamppost this morning....it was enlightening...

Well, now the Texas heat is starting up for real, as around 5 pm today - my usual running time - the heat index will be near 100;  so a morning run/walk today.  Up at 5 a.m. and off to one of the local Y's.   3.3  run/walk miles through a nearby neighborhood..aside from the lamp post, it was a very good outing, felt really good and ran strong.  Maybe morning running is not so bad after all.   I also like the convenience of being a member of the Y.  There are 10 local Y's and just about all of them open at 5 a.m, so when I do weekday morning running, I have a variety of routes to choose from and then can use the locker room and showers to get cleaned up, change, and head right to work, sweet.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Maybe morning running is not so bad after all.  

I can assure you that it is.  The only thing worse is beets.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

5.5 miles this morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

6.5 this morning.  Miles, not cups of coffee, although I'm working on that.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

DUCK!!!!

June 30th is National Meteor Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It seems my left upper hamstring/butt cheek thing is irritated  and things were going great over the past month or 2. I think the muddy trail race Friday night irritated it but I didn't feel anything really until after Sunday's 11 mile run which is why I didn't try for another 2 miles later that day. MRT starts next Tuesday so I am thinking I will take a few days off this week, see how things feel and maybe take it easy during the last few days of this week. I wanna start the training in good shape.

Went to gym though, shoulders and delts focused.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Yesterday's 6 went so much better than Sunday.  I think it was getting a nice evening run in again. Smile  I even took a 5 mile dog walk through the midday heat  earlier.  The dogs slept well because DH also took them out later.

Today if I am smart I will run in the morning, since I want to watch the World Cup game and kind of want to be done with my miles by then.

Morning.

I ran into the track and he said "WTF are you doing here, didn't you just race 2 days ago?"

9 with 6x800. Pretty sluggish at first, I suppose predictable, but able to pick it up later on.

Followed up with breakfast of coffee and beets.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I agree with Baboon. Morning running sucks. I already sleep only 4 hours according to my Fitbit I don't need to

wake up at 2am and sleep only 3 hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page