Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Are Unattached! (Read 21 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Mornig Penguins!

I am on the iPad here and can't seem to copy our mission statement so here we are! I take it that "unattached" means unsponsored in the world of elite runners. Some day!!!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Way to get us started this am.

I walked 4.7 this am. Shooting for a long run tomorrow. This was going to be a rest day, but I figure walking is good.

My high school's softball team won another round in the playoffs. There are only 8 teams left. Smile

Make today great

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Reply to yesterday

Baconista- I started losing weight in jan of last year. I was 365. I started C25K in April 2012 at 305. Jan of 2013 I ran the Houston marathon and ran the flying pig marathon in Cincinnati earlier this month. I have logged about 1200 miles and this morning I weighed 252. I hope to get to 199 by new years Smile

Kristin- marine corps marathon has a Clydesdales award for big guys, 225+ I think. There is also a big girls division called the Athena I believe.

Tomas

Amazonian Princess

Happy Saturday!

Back when I was fencing competitively there was a tentative offer from a carpet cleaning company to sponsor the womens team. I kind of had mixed feelings about it; did we want to be associated with a company that excelled at suction? It fell through anyway, so that conundrum was resolved Big grin

Treated myself to a 30 minute chair massage at work yesterday (offered on WedAnd and Fri). At home did an hour of yoga then a little foam rolling and early to bed. Going to walk the Color Run with DH today - color me excited!

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  Got a nice walk in last night, and hopefully some walking plus hip and quad work today.  We've got a pretty relaxing weekend planned here.

Gustav- I was a bit worried when I saw your thread title today with all the wedding talk of late!  Glad you're talking sponsorships!

T-tod- I like to walk my RDs as well, although I'm looking forward to when they're not all RDs.  Your high school seems like it does really well in several sports.

Baconista- Hope you have a great time at the color run!

Amazonian Princess

Reply to yesterday

Baconista- I started losing weight in jan of last year. I was 365. I started C25K in April 2012 at 305. Jan of 2013 I ran the Houston marathon and ran the flying pig marathon in Cincinnati earlier this month. I have logged about 1200 miles and this morning I weighed 252. I hope to get to 199 by new years Smile

Kristin- marine corps marathon has a Clydesdales award for big guys, 225+ I think. There is also a big girls division called the Athena I believe.

T-tod, that's frickin' amazing! Before I started C25k I just walked. For six months, until I could get used to being upright and active for at least an hour at a time. He's still walking but he's asking lots of questions and I see a glimmer in his eye whenever we're at the LRS, so if I don't push, who knows? And gotta love something called the flying big Big grin

Coralie & Kristin - I've heard of Clydesdales and Athena's but not Amazonian. But, as a Wonder Women fan I wouldn't mind the reference to an Amazon!

I can. I will. I am. 

hog4life

Bacon, there are several people from the west coast, I see threads started at like 11:00 pm(your time). So if you are a late nighter, feel free to start the thread. There is no rules or anything for the titles, so start 'em up. I have some friends that have done the color runs, but I haven't. Have fun!

I ended up not running yesterday, so I really need to tonight when I get off work, hoping for 10-11.

Amazonian Princess

T-tod, that's frickin' amazing! Before I started C25k I just walked. For six months, until I could get used to being upright and active for at least an hour at a time. He's still walking but he's asking lots of questions and I see a glimmer in his eye whenever we're at the LRS, so if I don't push, who knows? And gotta love something called the flying pig marathon Big grin

Coralie & Kristin - I've heard of Clydesdales and Athena's but not Amazonian. But, as a Wonder Women fan I wouldn't mind the reference to an Amazon!

I can. I will. I am. 

Bin Running

8M done while DS napped in the afternoon. Hope to wake up for LR tmr.

Hope everyone have a good day!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Baconista- I walked before starting C25K also.  I never really meant to be a runner, even, I just ran out of time in my day to walk if I wanted to keep increasing my mileage.  So I figured if I ran, I could get more miles in.

T-tod, that's frickin' amazing! Before I started C25k I just walked. For six months, until I could get used to being upright and active for at least an hour at a time. He's still walking but he's asking lots of questions and I see a glimmer in his eye whenever we're at the LRS, so if I don't push, who knows? And gotta love something called the flying big Big grin

Thanks. He will know if he is ready. Just starting is the hard part.

Z- we are good in football, baseball, and softball. Baseball is currently ranked #5 in state. Our state has different classifications based on numbers of kids in high school, we are in the 2nd smallest out of 5. We are the 5th smallest school in our classification. Facing schools that are more than twice as big can be a challenge, but our kids and coaches do a great job.

Tomas

Sloooow.

Morning all!

No running for me this morning, 5K starts this afternoon at 6:30pm. Projected temperature for 7pm has dropped slightly to 79F with a 70 d/p.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4.5 easy miles to the movie store and back. DW and I watched "End of Watch" last night with some Pacificos. Good movie and good beer. Today we are taking the Germans to LAX for their flight home. My parents are going there in September and we hope to go next summer. Have a good day, Pens. Smile

Dad on the run.

Had a great time at our run today. Bobby finished in 33:07. 1st place in my AG was only 25Tight lippedx. So I probably could have gotten 1st. Oh well, I wasn't out there for me.

I did win a door prize though. Won a set of wine glasses.

My wife's cousin ran with us. Was his 1st race,although he is very athletic and has played soccer for years. He is 18 and won first place with 23:17 in his age group. He wasnt all that excited because he knows that's not really that fast compared to the guys that run cross country at his school. He is going to keep running though and will be doing cross country as well his senior year.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Had a great time at our run today. Bobby finished in 33:07. 1st place in my AG was only 25Tight lippedx. So I probably could have gotten 1st. Oh well, I wasn't out there for me.

I did win a door prize though. Won a set of wine glasses.

My wife's cousin ran with us. Was his 1st race,although he is very athletic and has played soccer for years. He is 18 and won first place with 23:17 in his age group. He wasnt all that excited because he knows that's not really that fast compared to the guys that run cross country at his school. He is going to keep running though and will be doing cross country as well his senior year.

Jimmy, that is great about Bobby. How did Melanie do?