Beginners and Beyond

Bacon (Read 97 times)

Hip Redux

For dinner tonight, I made savory pancakes with bacon crumbles.

It's ok to be jealous.

LRB

I would have been impressed if you made bacon pancakes with pancake crumbles.  Joking

Hip Redux

I would have been impressed if you made bacon pancakes with pancake crumbles.  Joking

Well, they kinda ARE bacon pancakes!   I'm having them with the pulled pork I made.

Amazonian Princess

Nice!!!

I went to the Bacon Festival two weeks ago - best thing I had was a frozen banana dipped in dark chocolate and rolled in chocolate covered pieces of bacon. Not-so-best-thing was the bacon lemonade because of the weird oily film on top.

Mmmmm...bacon...

I can. I will. I am. 

Hip Redux

Bacon... FESTIVAL?   Sounds amazing!

These were really easy - basically - almond flour, coconut milk, crumbled bacon, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic salt.   Yummo.

LRB

I went to the Bacon Festival two weeks ago

If there is a better smelling food when cooking that bacon, I do not know what it is!

Amazonian Princess

If there is a better smelling food when cooking that bacon, I do not know what it is!

Which is why I was concerned on my run the next day - lots of neighborhood dogs seemed a little perkier once the glistening started, if you know what I mean Big grin

I can. I will. I am. 

Hip Redux

Which is why I was concerned on my run the next day - lots of neighborhood dogs seemed a little perkier once the glistening started, if you know what I mean Big grin

We call that the "bacon crazies" (well, the cooking part, not you running lol)  You cannot cook bacon in this house without a dog nose or two up your ass.

LRB

That's funny!

Jess runs for bacon

Yes.

Hip Redux

Also - if you can find this bacon, TRY IT.  It's a thing of beauty.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I've been having Elvis pancakes.  Banana pancakes with bacon, topped with peanut butter.

I do love how many freaking calories I need to eat when I swim this much.  It's way more than running.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

PADRunner

Arteries clogging just reading this. I'll just eat my natto in the corner.Cry

catwhoorg

Labrat

After being back in the UK this summer, my enthusiasm for "American" streaky bacon seriously waned.

I have a serious craving for real back bacon though.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

SusanRachel

I am so far beyond jealous that it isn't even funny.  They don't have bacon here.  They have some limp pinkish stuff called "turkey bacon" but it tastes absolutely nothing like bacon and absolutely dreadful.  I.  Want.  Bacon!!!