Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: How can we say yes to you? (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Sup yo!

After spending 15 hours in that stupid seminar over the weekend, I awoke to a reminder from Outlook that I have a 4 hour class this afternoon!  FFS man, sitting in a classroom environment for someone with ADHD for hours on end is akin to torture, which is exactly why I left college after one year and joined the trades, I could not take it anymore!  lol

Anyway, that is what's on my agenda today.  What is on yours?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey guys! *waves* I haven't checked in on the dailies in a long time! Mostly because I took kind of a break from running all summer..... I don't know what was wrong with me but after 2 really hot and humid, miserable races in June I lost all my motivation and was barely running 10 miles per week. I was kind of embarrassed about it but didn't want to talk about it so I didn't come around here much. I have been able to string together some decent training since September though with October being my highest mileage month of the year by 2 miles. Missed you guys so I thought I'd check in. How's it going?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Pilates and 5 tonight.  Deposition all day.  Yuck.

Damaris

runninggirl30

Jolly Tuesday runners!  (wow, I must have channeled my inner Santa there)

LRB- A 4 hour class sounds like torture to me too!  If you get bored just throw spit balls at the people in front of you, just don't get caught 

That is one freaky clown!

Kristin- glad that your back!  I like to think that all runners lose their motivation now and then (I think it just makes me feel better about losing mine).  I have been trying for months to get in some decent mileage and it hasn't gone very well.  I think I just need to get obsessed again for a while.

This afternoon I'll try to do a few on the TM.  The gym was good yesterday.  Legs aren't to sore today but my shoulders and chest are...ouch!  I climbed 50 flights of stairs on the step mill for cardio.

Have a good day everyone!!

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday, fellow beautiful people!  Last night I did 7 miles at GMP, and this morning I did an easy 6 mile shakeout.  I've got another 6 mile shakeout to do after work today, which will probably be my last double of the year.  It does feel kind of nice to be doing shorter runs now.  My doubles recently have been for 14-16 miles, but today will be 12.  My legs are starting to feel a little rested.

<3

happylily

I am flying home this afternoon.

Have a good day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - I have been way down in miles this fall (until this week). Just a slump with no goal races for motivation. You are not alone.

Back at it now, though! Today: 7+ miles done early, including the group's hill workout (which includes planks and wall squats).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

continuing SRW for me.  Who knows, I might never run another mile again (kidding, kidding).

kristin, glad you are back!

safe travels, happylily!

Tried swimming this morning. Note to self: learn to swim.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nearly 79 degrees for my run yesterday morning.  This morning:   59 degrees.  The rain started last night, the temp droppped 20 flippin' degrees and the rain is supposed to continue through today and tonight and into part of tomorrow.  I was up at 4:30 a.m. and noticed we had a bit of a lull in the rain - still raining but very lightly, not the steady downpour that started last night - so I got my gear on, went to the university and did 3.2 miles.  Let me tell you, we South Texans can feel a 20-degree drop in temp, so I had on one of my regular running shirts with a light base layer underneath - yeah, we are cold-weather wimps in South Texas.  The rain was steady but light, so not too bad - but that WIND...ohhhh, that WIND that gets around you....the times I was running into it, it made the raindrop feel like little "missiles' being pushed into me, occasionally stinging my face. Fun stuff.   And yet..I had a really good run/walk.  Felt really strong, ran all my running segments hard, felt tired at the end, but the 'good' kind of tired, a very satisfying outing!

I am glad I went this morning because now our weather folks have put us on a flood watch for the rest of the day, telling us the rain will come down pretty hard starting about noon, and go into the night, and pretty much assuring us there will be some roads flooding this afternoon and into the night.  I dunno about the rest of Texas, but here in San Antonio, we have some pretty lousy 'bad weather' drivers and when this kind of weather occurs, we always end up with accidents all over the place.  So I plan on just staying at work for a while, then take the back roads home, nice and easy.  Longer commute but safer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's important!

Damaris

happylily

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with that 4-hour class, LRB!  4 hours, jeez...so in this case ADHD translates to "A Damn Hateful Day!" ?

Good luck with the deposition, Damaris?  ALL day?  Dang.

50 flights of stairs! Congrats runninggirl!  EASY running on the TM today, right?

All the miles you put in, Phil, I don't see at all how your legs can ever feel rested!

Safe travel, Lily! You're flying by airplane, right? Not using your magic powers....

Sounds like a tough workout, Step!  Way to go!

Who knows, I might never run another mile again.  And then, Toronto, when you look like Rob Ford, you can run for Mayor!

Well, Dave, you can always get one of those floatation vests and do some deep-water pool running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Feeling pretty good today, think Rocky and I will hit the trails tomorrow morning for an easy 3 miles. I've missed the trails so much.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)