Beginners and Beyond

Smileys (Read 795 times)

LRB

Stolen imported from that other place (TFFKATBF). 

If you want, copy and paste till your heart is content.  If not, do not.

Bumping it up so i don't lose it.

xor

Cool.

Culture side note for those who care (and you don't have to listen, I'm just talkin...)  RA has some smileys, but RA as a group does not embrace the smiley as much as you guys do.  RAers tend to link pics a lot more, because it is easy here.  And whadyaknow a smiley is just a pic.  But you will find fewer smileys out there.  And more pics of a screaming ostrich and nuclear explosions and comets.

Should you care?  Probably not. Post whatever you want.

But if you want to get the literal (not smiley version) eyeroll from the native population, overuse some smileys in a post.  Or better yet, 10 posts.  If you begin to wonder why some folks are bristling at stuff that you think is completely reasonable, turn on your smiley detector (and maybe lessen your reliance on them).  Or dance that sombrero banana.

(use this information for good or evil as you see fit)

Cool.

Culture side note for those who care (and you don't have to listen, I'm just talkin...)  RA has some smileys, but RA as a group does not embrace the smiley as much as you guys do.  RAers tend to link pics a lot more, because it is easy here.  And whadyaknow a smiley is just a pic.  But you will find fewer smileys out there. 

But if you want to get the literal (not smiley version) eyeroll from the native population, overuse some smileys in a post.  Or better yet, 10 posts.  If you begin to wonder why some folks are bristling at stuff that you think is completely reasonable, turn on your smiley detector (and maybe lessen your reliance on them).  Or dance that sombrero banana.

Good advice.... all those smileys scream Noob

sugnim

Aw, where's Emily Post & her book of etiquette when you need her?

LRB

As I said, use them - or do not.

runfoolery

*shrug* I hate the animated pictures more than smileys. I always think the poster of the image thinks they're being much more clever than they are. I'm probably reading that wrong though, they probably don't intend to be clever at all. Either way I find them more annoying than smileys, even though smileys aren't really my cup of tea either.

Wow, what a worthless post. Smile

xor

I mostly agree... just giving you the lay of the land here. Out in the regular board, a ton of smilies, especially dancing bananas, will get a big :-/.

Not a smiley ban, mind you.  Just be judicious.  Or not.  Do what you like.

Good advice thanks!

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Cool.

Culture side note for those who care (and you don't have to listen, I'm just talkin...)  RA has some smileys, but RA as a group does not embrace the smiley as much as you guys do.  RAers tend to link pics a lot more, because it is easy here.  And whadyaknow a smiley is just a pic.  But you will find fewer smileys out there.  And more pics of a screaming ostrich and nuclear explosions and comets.

Literal eye roll?  On a DB.  Unless they put up a live FaceTime feed, I doubt it.  

This is the kind of stuff that is starting to make RAers sound like elitist snobs.   

Too many smilies, puh leeze.  

Are there grammar police and spelling police here also?  Might as well get that out in the open.  

xor

Oh ffs. relax. seriously. feel free to post all the smileys you please. just trying to help. but please stop complaining about elitist snobs. most of the folks you are calling elitist were minding their own business for the past five years (at least). theys folks, just like you. and I do mean literally. I understand the meaning of the word

Little Blue

So. ..  race reports full of smileys and LOL cats probably won't go over well?  Darn. 

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

SmileBig grinWinkJokingClownCoolShyBlushEvilRoll eyesShockedSurprisedEmbarrassedConfusedBlack eyeAngrySadCrySleepyDeadEight ballApproveUndecidedDisapproveTight lips

xor

So. ..  race reports full of smileys and LOL cats probably won't go over well?  Darn. 

If the cats have anything to do with cheeseburgers, the more the merrier.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Don't hate, lol cats are my fave.  Blushing smiley guy.