Beginners and Beyond

How do you look up old threads here? (Read 108 times)

Nevrgivup

After spending the last half hour and digging into the threads 40 pages deep for the FB thread over at RW, I was wondering how you dig up an old thread here?? BTW- It was so easy prior to all the spam. It looks like that thread was nuked.  It was like driving down memory lane. So many funny posts and memories to count. Fun stuff. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Love the Half

Maybe you can't.  I count that as a positive as zombie threads will stay dead.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Nevrgivup

Maybe you can't.  I count that as a positive as zombie threads will stay dead.

Yeah, I can see where it can be a storage issue for the software. Guess I'll learn to save the more important ones. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jenven

There's a search box in the upper right. Is that what you're looking for?

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

xor

Yes.  The search box is your friend.  Zombie threads came up over there because 1) search was weird and 2) lots of stuff would pop up in google searches.  Actually that will happen here too, but people are more prone to gravitate to "I'm Rick James" rather than "sleepy place I've never heard of".

Let's see if I can make this thread pop up in a google search.  This will take a few minutes.

WHALE BOOBIEHORN SANDWICH

I said.

WHALE BOOBIEHORN SANDWICH.

I may have to mess with it.  Hold on.

xor

Not yet.

Oh wait. 

Aha, so, internal-to-RA search will pop up user group threads IF the user group is readable by all (this one is, LNO Is not).  However I bet that stuff doesn't make it to the googs.  But regular RA board threads do, and usually pretty fast.

Edit: now it makes me want to try that out.  Excuse me while I exercise a bit of tourette in the main board.  Be right back.

Edit: Why yes.  Yes indeed.  For to please see result #4 of the following google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=OSTRICHES+MY+ARSE