Beginners and Beyond

Race Report: The Walt Disney World Half Marathon (Read 453 times)

Zelanie

Nice job!  I'm glad you got a good race under your belt after the not-so-great time you had at the wine-and-dine.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report and photos! Congrats to you and to your daughter too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

Yeah!! Great PR and wonderful RR!! Loved all your pics especially with you and

your DD! Hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your time at DW!!

SheCan

GReat report & pictures!   Man, I can't believe it was that warm even before daybreak!   Good for you for not overdoing this race, and still making a PR!  Love how you then went and ran with your DD in your street clothes!  Congratulations for both races!

Hope you have a great vacation and good luck at the Surf City HM.  It's wonderful how you're such an encouragement for the rest of your family!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

Congratulations on the PR, you did great! The fact that you treated this event more like a training run, in order to save your energy for your family vacation, and still managed to PR big... wow! It shows how much you have improved your fitness. WTG! Great pictures of you and of the event and the pics of you and your daughter are adorable! Congratulations to your little princess as well and thank you for sharing!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

BruceD555

Congrats on the PR and great report with photos. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter's race (even if you weren't dressed for it) and take time to enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Supersono99

Congrats. Love the photo of you and your daughter with medals after her race. Funny you had a surprise run.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the PR.  And how the hell are we in the Pacebook group picture and WE DIDN'T TALK TO EACH OTHER??????

I'm there!  In the middle! With the HF hat and top!

Sorry I did not get to talk to you, but we've met before and hopefully will meet again when you come down here (or in another Disney race - I am looking at the Tower of Terror 10 miler!)

Awesome job and congrats again!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice run, and cool vacation!  And enjoy the Surf City walk!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Coastal

Congrats on a great family vacation.  Oh, yeah, and hitting your goal of even pacing.  :-)

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

slowrunningjulie

That race sounds like a ton of fun! Great job. And congratulations to your daughter for her first race.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

B-Plus

Nice PR.

Congrats on the PR without really trying.Just like you mentioned, your training surfaced as a good time.  And you also were a great sport for your daughter in the mile race.  Good job!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

runmomto3boys

You ran a good strong race and PRd!  How awesome is that????  Congratulations!!!  I loved all the pics!