Beginners and Beyond

Countdown to the 2013 Nor Cal Tough Mudder... (Read 51 times)

Daves_Not_Here

One last run and one last lifting session before I embark on my 3rd Tough Mudder. This year I have as my partner one of the highest ranking NCOs in the US Army...Command Sergeant Major Lance Lehr (Ft. Irwin). This'll be his first (he cheered me on last year and had such a good time, he asked to join me this year).

13 miles, 24 physical challenges...over 5000 ft of elevation gain all over 6000 ft in altitude. Oh yeah.

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

You, are a crazy man, man.  Good luck!  What are some of the top finishing times for an event like that?

#artbydmcbride

So one od those crazy mud runs, hey?  Take lots of selfies mid*race*.   Wink

Runners run

happylily

So one od those crazy mud runs, hey?  Take lots of selfies mid*race*.   Wink

Don't worry, I heard that it's in the plan. Big grin

Good luck, Dave. Have fun!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Daves_Not_Here

My wife has already embarked on a campaign to try and get me to do it in a kilt again. I told her that under no circumstances will I ever do it again in a kilt. That damn thing weighed me down on the lake swim back in 2011. I guess she'd rather see my do the TM in a kilt than the Tinkerbell 10K next year in a Tinkerbell costume...Go figure, eh? LOL!

Daves_Not_Here

OK...Proofs are out. Here's a couple of candid shots of CSM Lehr and me on the course...

Me resurfacing on the other side of the partition of the "Arctic Enema" and Lance right behind me...

And here's Lance and I running "the gauntlet" at the spectator fav..."Electroshock Therapy"...

RSX

Congrats Dave!! It doesn't make me want to do one, but sounds like you guys had a great time.

Daves_Not_Here

Congrats Dave!! It doesn't make me want to do one, but sounds like you guys had a great time.

Thanks bud...Aside from our fingers turning purple from the cold, it was a lot of fun. Here's a pic of my venerable ASICS that I finally retired on Saturday by donating them (a TM tradition). I wore these ASICS through the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Tough Mudders and the trail runs in training. They actually had more miles left in them. I think I'll stick with ASICS...

LRB

Those expressions are absolutely fuckin hilarious!

Bahawahahahahaha!

Good stuff, Dave.

Docket_Rocket

No inknburn?  I assume so it does not get damaged!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Daves_Not_Here

No inknburn?  I assume so it does not get damaged!

You assume correctly my friend. Here's what we looked like at the finish. Ain't no way I'm gonna drop that kinda money on an InknBurn and have it look like this afterward. LOL!

Daves_Not_Here

Those expressions are absolutely fuckin hilarious!

Bahawahahahahaha!

Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great pics!!! I'd love to read a RR on this. These mud/obstacle races intrigue me. Not sure if I would do one, but I have never read a RR on one and I'd be interested to!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to