Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES, What Are You Doing Before Work Today? (Read 38 times)

Hello, people.

I've been up for almost half an hour. I just had a frappe and some water. I took arnica and massaged arnica on my sore spots. (Turkish will come later.). In a bit, I'll hit the TM for forty minutes of walking at 3.5mph at a 10.0 incline. Some light ab work will follow.

If I feel up to it, I'll do some easy TM running after work.

LRB

Me? I'm hoping to get back to sleep!  lol

Enjoy your workout!

PS, sorry about missing your race this weekend.  It would have been nice to see what you can do on a flat course.  That Jerusalem course is no joke!

Rick, sleep? What's sleep? Try to enjoy some for me, while I'm at it.

I just finished forty minutes at 3.5mph (17:08). It was good. The incline helped raise my heart rate nicely. Abs will be done shortly.

I'm sorely tempted to stuff myself with painkillers and take on the MCM this Sunday. I could probably do it very slowly, in something like 5:30. I miss long, leisurely runs outdoors.

Jerusalem isn't terrible. The course is breathtakingly gorgeous. And the volunteers rock.

B-Plus

+1 to sleep. Just under 3 hours of sleep to go before I get this day started.

Have a great run or rest day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I sleep before work, ha.

Some miles tonight.  Half a day at the office.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Basya, I just read your post from last night, ugh!  I am sorry you had that accident and might DNS MCM.  Hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear you might have to DNS the MCM Basya, that sucks Sad

Rocky and I got 7 miles in this morning, it started off at an easy pace but I picked it up because it just felt good enough to. Hamstring wasn't giving me as much trouble as yesterday but still, my right butt cheek feels tight or sore 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Morning!  I sleep before during work, ha.

^ this is what i do. Gonna be doing that a lot, since it's World Series time. These games always go on too damn late, but I feel the need to watch till the end.

Still not ready to run; walking the dog around the block last night was enough to tell me that. I think this is the worst after-effects of a marathon since my first one.

Dave

LRB

I'm sorely tempted to stuff myself with painkillers and take on the MCM this Sunday. I could probably do it very slowly, in something like 5:30. I miss long, leisurely runs outdoors.

I took two Motrin before my marathon once but was only running 10 minutes off my goal pace and little to no pain at all.  I did it again to pace a half marathon once where I was in severe pain for the last 3 miles.

I guess I would say to let pain be your guide.  If you can run the entire thing with minimal pain that is one thing, if you will be limping and agonizing that is another.  Ultimately pain killers will not be as effective for as long while running so there is that to think about.

happylily

Basya! I'm so happy you're ok, what a terrible ordeal!

I did 5 miles at 9:14 mpm last night. I didn't have to go down the stairs sideways this morning. Yeah! I'll try to run 6 miles tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I think this is the worst after-effects of a marathon since my first one.

Looking at the first 20 miles of your race explains why that is!  What you did was fuckin incredible!  Has the magnitude of it sunk in yet, or are you still moping around?

delicate flower

Good morning, fellow beautiful people.  I went to bed early last night because this little fella was all tuckered out.  Got in 8.5 quality hours of sleep.  I've got a 7-10 mile run in store later today.

Basya, sorry to hear about your accident.

<3

From the Internet.

Morning all! I must say, I'm kind of enjoying not waking up at the ass-crack of dawn to run. This has been a nice vacation of sorts :P I will probably walk some and jog a couple minutes this afternoon since I did nothing yesterday, but right now I am lounging and finishing my coffee and waiting for the kid to wake up.

I reeeeally want to peel the tape off my wound and see what kind of cool scar I'm going to have, but they told me to let it come off on its own. It's been over a week now, just start peeling already tape!!

Holy crap Basya, I just went back to yesterday's thread to see what happened - hope you heal up quickly.

B-Plus, I envy your sleeping in.

Damaris, enjoy your run.

FreeSoul87, brava on the seven miles.

DaveP MI, have a pleasant, more comfortable day.

Lily, yay for going forward down the stairs. Have a wonderful run tonight.

Phil, have a great run later.

Lauren, WTH happened?!?

SO is a MD. He says that I'm crazy. Eh, he already knew that. He's known me for about seven years now.

Docket_Rocket

Haha, Basya.  Tell SO we are all crazy here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page