Beginners and Beyond

Monday Brandied Fruit Penguins... (Read 26 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

October 20th is National Brandied Fruit Day....

Weight training circuit for me today after work.

Over the weekend, I did these two 5Ks:

Lots of pink at this one:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/17fef06a0c4c41ea87a854215a8a53db/resume#focus

The final count for this one:  just a bit over 800 participants for this inaugural 5K:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2604b4cf54e14dcca89dcc097e8f8061/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

Scotty, I'll read your reports at lunch.  I am sure they'll be very enjoyable.  Enjoy your weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins! Scotty- I love your race reports, but my phone doesn't do your photos justice. D-enjoy the 8! AFM- gonna do 4 this morning. Its cold this morning, long sleeves for me. Had a weekend on my feet teaching hunter safety but no running. Time to start getting serious about my December 5k and stop trying to out run my fork.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Slightly crazy weekend for us -- we usually get up at 6AM for church on Sunday, but I completely forgot to set my alarm and we didn't get up until 7:00.  Since we usually leave the house at 7:20, we had to SCRAMBLE to get to church on time!  But we made it, except that while we were getting dressed Dusty helped himself to our last two donuts from Friday.  Such a bad doggie!!  Tonight is a Friends and Family performance by the chorus that the rest of my quartet belongs to.  I'm not singing, but DH and I are going to cheer and wish them well in Baltimore at International competition next month.  Woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- I'm just not much for alcohol in any form.  No palate, I guess.

Docket -- good luck on your 8!!

Stone -- Woo-hoo for your 4!!  It's cold here too!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Nice RRs, as usual, Scotty. Always a good time to be had. Smile

I am going to run later tonight... probably 35-40 minutes with some strides. That will be after my Costco and Target trips and walking the dog. Normal day, I suppose.

Bye.

GinnyinPA

It's getting cold here (45 at 11:00 am) and I'm not ready for that yet. Couldn't wait for the heat to go away, but I'm dreading full winter.  I'll run 5 or so after my doctor's appt. this afternoon.

Scotty - enjoy the weights.  Do you still have your membership to all the Ys in town?  I haven't had brandied fruit in years, except in an occasional fruitcake.  (And yes, I'm one of those weird people who love fruitcake.)

Damaris - have fun running your 8.

Stonefence - good job teaching hunter safety.  Makes it safer for us who roam the woods (though I stay out during rifle season.)

HM - hope Dusty didn't get sick from the sugar.  Have fun listening and cheering tonight.

Jack - have a good run tonight.  Has it finally cooled off in LA?

hog4life

7.5 for me this morning, 45 degrees at the start and 55 when I finished.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: It has cooled down to 80. Of course this weekend it will be 90 when DD has the biggest XC meet of the year at Mt. SAC.

PADRunner

Morning, did spin & HIIT again this morning. I think the Spin class will really help my legs. They are pretty trashed after a workout with no impact.

Jack can't see any further than next Monday but it looks like the weather might be cooler next week when I'm there. I know it was pretty cold in the mornings when I was out there last year.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

SRD#1.  Travel day for us.  Had a nice weekend with niece and nephew.  Now that we really need it, we left the foam roller in Iowa.  RR when I get back to work and need to look busy.

ginny, Cyclones as in Iowa State Cyclones, my alma mater.

Have great week.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all.  I just got 4 done - which mas much needed after a weekend with the in-laws.  I think the Blerch was in heaven all weekend =D  I ate sooo much, but felt okay and not too bloated on the run (thankfully).

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  (still morning here)

Scotty, I loved your pink report!  I've never seen race photos with so many people wearing the t-shirt!

StoneFence, Mitch, & sapf - nice running this morning!

Jack, Ginny, & Damaris - enjoy your run later

Jerry, enjoy the well-deserved rest day.

PAD, nice cross training.  I gotta join a gym...

HopesMom - if you left the donuts within Dusty's reach, you must have meant for him to have them! Wink

AFM - 5.5 done this morning.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just a quick visit. When I first scanned the thread title I thought it read "Monday Banned Fruit Penguins".

That is all.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

I ran FIVE AND A HALF minutes today! Big grin 4 1 minute jogs with 4-5 minutes walking in between, one 90 second jog at the end. It was lovely, just enough to satisfy my run craving and remind me that I'll still remember how to run after I'm fully recovered - no pushing it so the hernia doesn't recur!

Supposed to rain for the rest of the week so I don't know how much walking I'll do - running in the rain is nice, walking in the rain, not so much.