Beginners and Beyond

PSA for L&O Lurkers (shared with an olive branch in hand) (Read 203 times)

Birdwell

L&O is putting together a mileage challenge of sorts. Teams will be divided into Public vs. Private sector jobs (or it may turn into an east v. west thingie. who knows at this point)

There is more info available here.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/LNO/forum/c712171b78224b38bd9fe024ba1a4fd0/0

p.s. please be prepared for smack talking, general insults, and the like.

Birdwell

Thanks for checking out the link everyone!

MTA: 100+ views and no other posters?

I guess I'm on the blacklist in B&B Undecided Sad Cry Disapprove

hog4life

Okay, I'll post.Roll eyes It looks like a few signed up...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'd play, but I don't know if I'm technically considered private or public sector....haha

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

I'd play, but I don't know if I'm technically considered private or public sector....haha

It doesn't matter, sign up for the motivation through the holidays.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I work for a non-profit and also as an independent contractor, but my services are funded by a the NYC Department of Education on both accounts. I'll let them decide where they want me I guess because I could probably be considered either.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

You may want to un-perma ban any B&B folks here if you want more participants, or at least let us know who is excluded so that we can scorn them.

Jess runs for bacon

I clicked, but I have to be a member of L&O to look at it. Do I really want to go down that path?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I clicked, but I have to be a member of L&O to look at it. Do I really want to go down that path?

Ditto, hence I'm passing up this opportunity to embark on my own running streak.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I'm in on it.

Hooray for olives, and the branches they ride in on.

Birdwell

Go for it!

you would joint the likes of

Jay716

Happylily

daves_not_here

hog4life

kristin10185

baboon

flarunner

ileneforward

runjasonrun

Rocky II

and numerous others.

L&O is quite a diverse group

(I have nothing to do with the permaban stuff. As far as I know, only a few people (2 for sure) have been permabanned, and that was done with good reason. some people may have been kicked from the forum, as a joke, but they should be able to join again)

Docket_Rocket

Go for it!

you would joint the likes of

Jay716

Happylily

daves_not_here

hog4life

kristin10185

baboon

flarunner

ileneforward

runjasonrun

Rocky II

and numerous others.

L&O is quite a diverse group

(I have nothing to do with the permaban stuff. As far as I know, only a few people (2 for sure) have been permabanned, and that was done with good reason. some people may have been kicked from the forum, as a joke, but they should be able to join again)

This alone shows that you know nothing of what you are talking about here.  But hey, I wonder why people ignored this thread.  After all, you only come here to stir drama and then go to L&O to incite them to come over here to post and create more drama.  I'm really befuddled as to why people don't post on this thread.  Flabbergasted, in fact.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Birdwell

This alone shows that you know nothing of what you are talking about here.  But hey, I wonder why people ignored this thread.  After all, you only come here to stir drama and then go to L&O to incite them to come over here to post and create more drama.  I'm really befuddled as to why people don't post on this thread.  Flabbergasted, in fact.

umm, o.k. Whatever, I was sincerely trying to get the word out about an interesting challenge. But hey, have fun.

BTW, I did notice that you're still a member of L&O.

As far as the permaban, I guess there's 3 people (KK and Jamin for sure). I forgot about one regular poster over here who was kicked (don't know if they've been permabanned, but I would understand if they are)

Thanks to all from B&B who've signed up for the challenge (there have been a number from here)!

p.s. why must everything be taken so seriously over here?

p.p.s. you're absolutely right, I started a thread over here based on information I received in L&O. However, you don't know me at all, or the reason I started it. You may have assumed a few things, and I won't be able to change you're assumptions. I had real and sincere reasons for what I did. I was trying to get a real conversation going. I'm sorry you were offended by my posts. It was not my intention.

p.p.p.s. I will also add, everything I've ever done on this forum has been out in the open. I've never tried to hide or sneak around. I've never whined, complained, backstabbed and the like through private messages. It's all in the open.

p.p.p.p.s. I still like pie, and B&B.

Docket_Rocket

umm, o.k. Whatever, I was sincerely trying to get the word out about an interesting challenge. But hey, have fun.

BTW, I did notice that you're still a member of L&O.  I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE BANNED FOR WEEKS FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.  THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE THAT WERE BANNED FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY WERE POSTERS FROM THE B&B.

As far as the permaban, I guess there's 3 people (KK and Jamin for sure). I forgot about one regular poster over here who was kicked (don't know if they've been permabanned, but I would understand if they are)  AGAIN, THAT'S NOT THE STORY.

Thanks to all from B&B who've signed up for the challenge (there have been a number from here)!

p.s. why must everything be taken so seriously over here?  YOU'VE COMPLAINED ABOUT HERE OFTEN, BUT YOU FORGET YOU POST HERE, YOU MUST PLAY BY THE RULES.

p.p.s. you're absolutely right, I started a thread over here based on information I received in L&O. However, you don't know me at all, or the reason I started it. You may have assumed a few things, and I won't be able to change you're assumptions. I had real and sincere reasons for what I did. I was trying to get a real conversation going. I'm sorry you were offended by my posts. It was not my intention.  NO, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MANY TIMES YOU'VE GONE TO L&O TO TELL THEM WE HAVE A POSSIBLE MELTDOWN THREAD TO PLEASE COME HERE TO CHECK IT OU.

p.p.p.s. I will also add, everything I've ever done on this forum has been out in the open. I've never tried to hide or sneak around. I've never whined, complained, backstabbed and the like through private messages. It's all in the open.

p.p.p.p.s. I still like pie, and B&B.  MAKE IT CHEESECAKE AND WE CAN AGREE! Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And it looks like the only whining person here is you.  You just opened a thread in L&O to complain about my response here.  Very open, I see.  I just commented here because you were whining about receiving no responses.  You have left this group at least once when you claimed people were being too serious (the event log we owners have showed it).  Fine that you wanted to promote the challenge; it should be fun.  Just stop whining about us there and here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page