Beginners and Beyond

It's a June Penguin Sundaely (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wake up Pengs.

Slow 4.25 for us on the bike path.  Feel like a bowling pin out there.  55DP but there was a nice breeze.

Just said good bye to DD2 who is off to Winona, Minnesota to lead a Habitat for Humanity project with kids from her old HS.

hog4life

Hi Jerry.

I was going for 11 this morning but bonked out at 4.5. Not enough sleep yesterday,  no breakast, heat, humidity,  9 hot as hell miles yesterday that apparently I haven't recovered from.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Get some sleep Mitch.

Good luck Sunday racers, Kristin and anyone else.  Congrats Ginny for yesterdays 10k.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  18 miles done this morning.  Super humid.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi guys!  I posted cake pictures in the regular dailies last night.  Flavor-wise, it was one of my best cakes, I think.  Decorating-wise, I'd change a few things.  My MIL is the one who really taught me to step up my game as far as cakes go, so I always want to do a nice job for hers.

I think it's German Chocolate for DH next week.  I haven't made one of those before.

7ish miles for me later today.

Jerry- Glad you got a little run in, and I hope that DD has a great time!

Mitch- You've had some really strong training over the past several weeks.  Next run will be better!

D- Fantastic LR!

Docket_Rocket

Not feeling so fantastic now.  Haha.  It was humid, so my body is just tired now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

By the way, it's National Go Barefoot Day.  Except for the run, I am observing.

Nice 18 D.

Have a good 7ish Zel.

Philliefan33

Four miles at easy pace this morning, followed by two hours of yard work. I've decided that the yard needs more color, so after  lunch DD are heading out to buy flowers. Then I need to start cooking ribs for dinner tonight.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Sunday, Pens.

6 miles, 4 with DW are done. I already cut some roses and now we're off for a breakfast burrito. Our lazy kids are still in bed. Well, they work their butts of in school and swimming and running, they earned it.  Speaking of lazy, I plan on spending much of the day in my chair reading, napping and watching the hockey.

Zel: Next time we come up that way, I need to try some of that cake!

Jerry: Things are looking good for the Blackhawks.

Have a good day, everyone.

obiebyke

Hey y'all. No real soreness or tiredness from yesterday's record 9. I feel like I'm in fabulous shape, for me. RD today. I probably need more calories in my life.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hey y'all. No real soreness or tiredness from yesterday's record 9. I feel like I'm in fabulous shape, for me. RD today. I probably need more calories in my life.

Congrats on yesterday's run.  Go for 10?

Done with gutters and grass. Back to barefoot.  Save me some ribs PF.

From the Internet.

Afternoon! 8 miles total for me, 6 of those were with my sister who thought she wouldn't be able to make it 5 Smile Lunch with a high school friend after, sitting in the sun in my parents' yard now. Heading home to make dinner in a few.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - your daughter's project sounds like fun, and worthwhile.  Good job on not getting bowled over this morning.

Damaris - 18 in your heat - did you get up before dawn?

Mitch - smart to listen to your body.  Running is supposed to be fun, or else, why do it?  I hope you got a nap this afternoon.

Z - how do you keep your weight off when you bake like you do?  The only way I can stay away from baked goods is to not have them in the house.  Enjoy your seven this afternoon.

Margo - smart doing your run before the yardwork.  I did the yard first and am having a really hard time feeling motivated to go out again.

Jack - I hope you were able to have your lazy day after your early run.  Now that school is out, are you all planning any travels?

obiebyke - enjoy your rest day, and your calories, in whatever form you take them.

Lauren - I'm glad your run with your sister went so well.  Sounds like a good day.

AFM:  Walked the dog and mowed the lawn, did some weeding and trimming and now I'm ready for a nap.  I'm hoping to run a few miles this afternoon, but it won't be long.  Our trip may be pushed back a few days, thanks to some business that cropped up unexpectedly.  Irritating.

Zelanie

Ginny- I actually think baking helps, because most of the crap that I could overeat on a day to day basis falls into the "not worth it" category when compared to something good like fresh baked goods.  And then when I bake, it's usually for a special occasion when I can take something somewhere and hopefully not come home with much.  I don't bake something just to have around the house very often, that would be dangerous.

Sorry about your trip getting pushed back, that sounds frustrating!  I can't even imagine getting ready to be away for that long, 8 weeks is challenging enough, and that's with DH here to take care of the unexpected!  Hopefully the extra few days will give DH's ribs that much more time to mend before your adventures begin.