Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Have Gone to The Dogs (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

It's Scotty's Day, National Dog Day!

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, Group run tonight for me.

on my way to badass

Good morning PAD and Penguins! 3 easy for me today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning, PAD, StoneFence!

5 for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Hey pad, Damaris, and stone

I have typed Damaris' name so much that I misspelled it and my phone autocorrected it.

I did a 35 minute tempo run this morn and ended up with 3.25 Miles.

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 5 miles this morning - first 3 were hills, then 1.75 miles progression, and the last 0.25 was just shuffling to let most of the sweat drip off so as to not leave a trail from the front door to the shower. I need to add a loop around my flat neighborhood before tackling this route again - the climbing started before I'd even hit a mile so it felt reeeeeally hard.

Docket_Rocket

Hey pad, Damaris, and stone

I have typed Damaris' name so much that I misspelled it and my phone autocorrected it.

I did a 35 minute tempo run this morn and ended up with 3.25 Miles.

Haha.  I'm famous!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi pens.  Work again, then 11 miles with 3 x 2 miles at 10 seconds faster than GMP.  I was telling DH that it might be mentally easier than 4 x 1.5 miles since that extra half mile shouldn't be a big deal, but not having to talk yourself into running one more interval might.

PAD- Too funny!  Oddly enough, in Costa Rica, huskies were a really popular breed.  Enjoy the group run!

SF- Have a good 3 miler!

D- Morning!  You were famous all over Costa Rica, too, since there are plenty of Damarises there.

Traci- Nice job on the tempo!

Lauren- I have a hill at like .8 miles from my house too, and it is no fun at all.   The neighborhood loop sounds like a good idea.

hog4life

Hi everyone, been MIA a little since my leg issue. Life has been really busy with getting our house ready to put on the market. We need a major down size since it's just the two of us.

My miles are coming back slowly. I got 4 this morning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  Yesterday's WAW didn't happen, so maybe today.  I do need to leave work early today for a meeting at church tonight, so we'll see what I get done.  I'm also listening to Saturday's quartet coaching again, so much good stuff there!!  I'm hoping I didn't lock DH out of the house this morning -- he was taking Dusty for a walk when I left, but I didn't remember to ask if he had keys.  Hopefully he had them, and he's not plundering the potting shed for the spare key ...

PAD -- have a good group run!!  

Stone -- enjoy your easy 3!!

Docket -- have a good 5!!

traci -- woo-hoo for your tempo run!!

Lauren -- sounds like a good workout!!

Zelanie -- have a good fast 11!!

hog -- good luck with the downsizing, and glad your miles are coming back!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3 lunchtime miles.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Singer who runs a smidge

And a REALLY slow day in Penguinland!!  I got my water filters changed, I'm off to process a sample.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.5 miles this morning on trails and paved roads.  As I was running by the Zoo at 6:45 in the morning, I heard this bird making all these weird whistles and sounds and 'whoop-whoop-whoop' noises, etc.   So I stopped for a couple of minutes and when it was quiet, I whistled loudly.  Then the bird responded...and then got quiet, like it was my turn now...so I whistled again...and then the bird started again...and back-and-forth we went for a few minutes, that was fun. One of the park groundskeepers was out on a lawn near me  doing some work and was listening to it all and laughing about me and the bird.  Guess we were his morning entertainment for a bit.

Happy Group Run, PAD.  Is this for Runners Anonymous?  'Hi, I'm PAD."    "Hi, PAD!"

Happy 3, Stonefence and Happy 5, Damaris!

Nice, congrats on the tempo run, Traci...sounds like your shins are behaving.

Nothing wrong with leaving a trail of sweat, Step...so you can follow it and find your way back again...   Wink

Run like the wind, Zelanie!  Have fun with your PM workout.

Glad to hear you are running again, Mitch, hope the leg continues to behave.  Downsizing, huh?  So in Alabama does this mean a trailer park?     Plenty of nice places here in San Antonio for quite reasonable prices - and pretty roomy too for 2 people.   Gail and I have about 1500-sq feet...it's small, but quite comfortable for 2 people.    Pretty cheap cost-of-living around here too, compared to a lot of the country.  And no State income tax, which is nice.

If you had locked him out, HsM, I'm sure you would have heard from him in no uncertain terms by now!      Hey, if you did 3 WAWs after work, then your description of it would sound like  adults talking in the Peanuts TV cartoons..."WAW WAW WAW...."

Lunchtime miles in this heat? You are brave, Robert.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And a REALLY slow day in Penguinland!!  I got my water filters changed, I'm off to process a sample.

I hope you mean a WATER sample.....cuz, as I recall from my military days, a random 'sample processing'  then was a whole different thing...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Scotty,

PAD is running w 'my' group. So yeah kinda Runners Anon!  Wink

Coach has us all starting pretty basic.  Good stuff, reminding those of us that 'know' teaching those that are new. PAD is fitting in well.  Smile