Beginners and Beyond

Modern Technology ThursDAILIES (Read 69 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Good morning, Rick. Thanks for starting today's thread.

I'm off to the gym to do weights, push-ups, as cardio. An work has to wait until after work.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Rick and Basaya!

My new shoes came yesterday so I will try them out today with about 2.5 to 3 miles. Shoes are the reason why I was sidelined.

I drive my body and train it

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

flarunner

Mornin' Boys! And Girls!

Did a 5 mile tempo run this morning in the rain. Wasn't singing much.

Hope everyone has a safe and dry day today!

Luke79

Good stuff LRB.  I was in a meeting yesterday and before we got started everyone's playing with their smart phones and I'm like "Tha fuck did you guys do before there were cell phones?".  I seriously wonder sometimes lol.

I'm supposed to do 2 miles easy and that's a wrap until race day on Sunday.  Have a great Valentine's Day everyone.

Morning all!

LRB - that first one is hilarious, there are probably some here that don't remember those....

Hoping that work doesn't get in the way of a lunchtime run today.

Dave

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! SUSchnauzer checking in. The past month has been a tough one for me. I lost my Father tragically last month. I couldn't run for 2 weeks as I was overwhelmed with grief. I never knew how hard it would be to lose a parent. He lived a good life for 80 years. He loved his grandkids dearly. We will miss him. I know he has gone on to a better place. He did have the onset of Alzheimer's.

I did log 25 miles last week with a long run of 7 miles. As the roads get drier my paces are getting faster. Running on the snow-covered roads was tough. You get no traction so your feet slip instead of pushing you forward. I know I was 20 seconds a mile slower under those conditions.

Have a great day! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Schnauzer - sorry for your loss, glad to see that you're back.

Recovery miles tonight, not sure how many yet.

Just B.S.

Happy Valentine Dailies!!!  I've been a bit MIA this week, life has been too busy!

After 33 years together and 28 1/2 years of marriage my hubby, who will always say he isn't a romantic, left these

on the kitchen counter before he went to work today. Just like every year since we married in 1984.

And one week from today I leave on my girlfriend trip to Florida that he gave me for Christmas. I'm a lucky girl.Smile

I have 8 miles this morning and hubby and I are having  a date at swim clinic tonight!

I'm so excited to see the coach and tell him I swam 600 yards consecutive on Tuesday, I'm just like a Grade

One girl so happy to please her teacher!LOL

Morning LRB, smooches for you today! Those are hilarious!!

Basya, have fun at the gym!

Gustav, enjoy the shoes!

Flarunner, I will be in your state one week from today! Woot!

Luke, Yo! take it easy until your race! We always had a family rule, no phones at the table and no texting

or checking your phone when you are having a conversation with someone. Even though they don't live

here anymore the rule still stands when they visit. Having said that I love texting with them because that

way I hear from them almost every day. Which is great since boys seem to have a phobia about actually

making a phone call.!LOL

Dave,enjoy your lunch run

Schnauzer, I'm so sorry about your Dad. Mine was gone 20 years last month and it's still hard. My sincere sympathies

Shirfan, (aka really fast guy) have a good one

Jess runs for bacon

Morning everyone! I had a great time last night, I got to sample chocolate chip cookie martinis (yum) and got some free chocolate (of course, I went back and bought a box). Tutu worked wonderfully, and as promised, here's a pic. Sorry, hopefully this will shrink. REst day today!

runmomto3boys

Jess: OMG!  How adorable are you in your tutu!!?!?!?!?!?  I love that shot!!!!!!!

Basya: I hope the gym work out goes well today!

Jay: Enjoy those recovery miles!

Flarunner: Well done getting the tempo in early!

Beth: What a good man!  You lucky girl, you!  I also scored flowers.  It's a nice way to start the day!

8 mile recovery run tonight.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and happy Valentine's day!

Love the tutu, Lilac. It seems that you have quite a few pairs of shoes from which to choose also!

Hoping to get out for a run today. Right now, it's raining here in Jacksonville so I'll probably wait a while until there's a break in the weather before I head out. Nothing special - an easy run with a couple of intervals or fartleks thrown in.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning, Happy Valentine's Day!

Gym this morning. Was worried about running outside when it snowed overnight, but turns out the roads seemed just fine. Oh well. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 miles on the dreadmill (I hate that thing! but I'm happy to be running again, period.)

A few of youasked to see my new shoes. Both Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s. The grey, seafoam and purple ones I got 2 weeks ago, the blue ones came Tuesday night!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! 10+ miles for me with just under 7m on mill w/ 3x2m @ T (6:55) w/2min recoveries. Last mile was really tough, but dug down deep. 7:09 avg pace for run. #doworkgetfaster.

Nice pic lilac!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???