Beginners and Beyond

Whilst in Wednesdailies (Read 49 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Oski how is the hip today?

Marjorie

delicate flower

HELLO WEDNESDAY PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET!  I ran my first double yesterday.  Wife asked me to run with her after work yesterday, so of course I gladly accepted.  So having already run 8 miles on the treadmill in the morning, the 3 miles after work made for my first double.  It felt good to shake the stiff legs out.

I've got a PT session this afternoon and will probably run for a bit after.  Distance TBD.     

<3

Hip Redux

Morning.

Oski how is the hip today?

Definitely better.   I could get up out of bed and not limp around.  Thanks for your suggestions!

I'm debating on my XC race tonight.  Even if I don't go all out, it's got a wicked downhill that I'd have to tackle twice.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I posted pretty late last night that I ended up getting home a bit early from work, so I immediately changed and was able to get a run in. 5.6 miles. However, that meant that there was less than 12 hours (8 to be exact) between when that run finished and when I would have to start this morning's run, which was going to be my "easy 2 mile jog" which is ranked 5th out of my 5 runs per week on my plan. Sometimes I do it, and some weeks where for whatever reason the 5th run isn't happening, this is the one I eliminate. I guess this week it is eliminated. My run never got past the stretching and foam rolling in my apartment stage. My lower back has this really odd soreness/tightness and my right inner quad is tight, knotty and spasm-y and that is causing my right inner knee to feel a little sore.....a URD may be a better idea. I have been running an awful lot lately and IDK what is up with these aches and pains but to me that means take it easy.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Marjorie, morning!

Baboon, enjoy the PT session and nice run with MBC.

Oski, glad to hear the hip feels better.

Kristin, resting is a good idea. Hope your back feels better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Zel - 1300 feet of gain in 2 miles would be like  an 11% grade.    If you can run that, you need to sign yourself up for a mountain climb!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 10!   July 10 'bizarre holidays"  are Pina Colada Day and Hot Dog Night!  Enjoy a drink followed by an oh-so-healthy hot dog! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my run/walk in after work.  However, I started a bit earlier than 5 pm, so when I started the temperature was 96 degrees with a heat index of 100.  Thankfully the humidity was only 48 percent and the dewpoint was just under 70 at 69.  I started from the Y and ran into the nearby park where I had lots of cover. Shade cover, that is.  Big trees all around the trails.  I felt pretty good and got in 3.2 miles at a very easy pace, with my last mile being 10:42, which is pretty speedy for me.  Our local darn weatherman lied, though.  He said it would start to cool down after 5 PM.  It did not.  When I finished , as I went back into the Y, the front desk guy showed me his local weather app.   The temp I started out in was the same, 96, but the 'feels like' temp had actually increased by a degree to 101, sheesh.   Oh well, got it done, and felt pretty good the whole way.

You're posting from court, Damaris?  The judge doesn't frown on that? Joking  Good luck with your 6 later.   I got a 'jury summons' in the mail yesterday.  Per the County Courts Clerk from a few years ago when I presented my medical information, I am theoretically 'ineligible' for jury duty; because of my back I have to get up and move around about every 20 - 30 minutes or so and - as the Clerk put it back then - judges tend to frown on jurors popping up and down during the proceedings. Joking   So a notation was supposed to have been made in my record.  Apparently not.   So once again, need to take my medical information to the court to get it "officially" put into the system.

Congrats on your double, Phil, and good luck with the PT later!

Glad the hip is feeling better.  You could always lie down and roll down the hill. Wink  good luck with the XC event if you decide to do it.

Well, at least you got your miles in last night, Kristin.  Sorry about the aches and pains, though, hope those resolve quickly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Court starts at 9:30, Scotty but I am here already working (we have a satellite office here).  As to the summons, call the number specified there and ask them whether you even need to show up or what to send to prove you qualify for one of the exceptions.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I'm debating on my XC race tonight.

You want I make that decision for you?  If yes then hell no.  If no then please be careful, having your running health is so important.

What up doe peeps!

6.8 easy for me done in the thickest, soupiest air we have had this year.  I could actually hear my shorts and shirt flap against my skin they were so wet!

On the plus side, I tried out some new running undies (3 inch) and they were much better than the 9 inch long ones I normally sport.  I am slowly leaving my past self behind.  My running evolution continues!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning,

Marjorie - Good morning!

Oski - glad the hip is feeling better.

Baboon - nice double, enjoy todays run.

Kristin - a day of rest will probably work those kinks right out.

DR - enjoy the 6 later.

Scotty - Pina Colada Day and Hot Dog Night? Hmmm...I may have to lunch at the tiki bar. Big grin

LRB - kudos to running in the soup and trying new things.

Got  5 on tap today with the RP, gonna be another soupy one today. My brother calls this type of weather "smothersome" and I think he's spot on. Have a good one!

Will run for scenery.

Last time I had a Piña Colada, they were playin' "Ain't Gonna Bump No Mo With No Big Fat Woman" on the steel drums.

But I do like Piña Coladas.  And getting caught in the rain.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Scotty - I would probably grill hot dogs but man, I am a little sick of them after what I ate over last weekend. Smile

Everyone - Good running! Stay cool.

Pretty awesome weather here this morning. 55 and sunny with a light breeze. Can't ask for much more than that. Finished up 6 at an Easy pace.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh I guess I should post my miles, huh?  11.2

Marjorie