Beginners and Beyond

User names (Read 128 times)

Hip Redux

Topic for sunday night... what's your user name mean or come from?

For those that are curious, it's pronounced Awski.  (LRB has permission to say it Ohski lol)

Video for more information on the Oski bear.

I used to live in the bay area and we went to a bunch of Cal games.  Saw Aaron Rodgers play while he was in school and saw a game against Stanford.  Wild stuff, those college rivalries.    Go Bears!

Mmmmm...beer

My initials are DD, I wanted D2, but it wouldn't let me register with that name. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

I think mine is pretty much self explanatory and rather clever if I do

say so myself. 

First name.......Beth
        Last name.......something that starts with S

Hip Redux

My initials are DD, I wanted D2, but it wouldn't let me register with that name. Smile

Ha!  D-squared.  I had no idea that's what you were going for.  Oy, I'm not smart.  

delicate flower

Mine is "Baboon."

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Topic for sunday night... what's your user name mean or come from?

For those that are curious, it's pronounced Awski.  (LRB has permission to say it Ohski lol)

Video for more information on the Oski bear.

I used to live in the bay area and we went to a bunch of Cal games.  Saw Aaron Rodgers play while he was in school and saw a game against Stanford.  Wild stuff, those college rivalries.    Go Bears!

Did LRB tell you we discussed how it was pronounced while hanging out in Chicago?  Guess I won (except you gave him dispensation) .

Originally, mine was drs1975, since it was apparently my initials and my birth year.  Yeah,  .

At some point, I asked the Penguins for ideas to create a new username, and a lot of them came out being D Judge, Da Judge, etc., but I didn't want to jinx myself  so Patti (now on the MCM RWOL forums) suggested Docket_Rocket, a play from the rocket docket legal term.  That was a favorite and I still love it after all these years.

Of course, you can tell what I do for a living.  Da Judge, LMFAO.

Damaris

And it comes from the "Oski-wow-wow" cheer, which we also used at my alma mater University of Illinois. So I get to pronounce it Ah-ski, because that's how we did. (And we actually spelled it Oskee.) Although it was not our mascot; we had Chief Illiniwek, a guy wearing a traditional Native American outfit who did a very elaborate (supposedly authentic) dance routine at halftime of football & basketball games. It was retired as mascot a while back due to being considered politically incorrect.

Anyway, my username is pretty obvious - first name, last initial, state of residence.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

You know how difficult it is to make up a password these days since you  need to use at least six letters, two uppercase letters, a number, three special characters... yeah.  Something like that happened when I created a username.

I have blue eyes?  Blue is my favorite color?  (Both of these are true, but I don't know if that's why I chose the name I did.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

D - Yes he did. LOL  And Da Judge?  No.

Dave - Yep!

I have blue eyes?  Blue is my favorite color?  (Both of these are true, but I don't know if that's why I chose the name I did.)

Mainly some of us want to know what is behind your avi caption.

Dave

Bozydeco is a combination of favorites from the field of athletics and music.  Bo Jackson and Buckwheat Zydeco.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Bozydeco is a combination of favorites from the field of athletics and music.  Bo Jackson and Buckwheat Zydeco.

Ha! I have been saying it bozy-deco all this time.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Mainly some of us want to know what is behind your avi caption.

I turn into a stark raving bitch when I'm injured (more so than usual).  I'm injured a lot.  Ergo...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Mine is "Baboon."

Ha, that made me chuckle out loud.

I'm boring, mine is my name and birthday. Name was assigned to me by my parents, birth date is attributed to nature.

Hip Redux

Mine is "Baboon."

Maybe it should be smart ass.   Big grin