Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I was trying to think what to add, and decided to keep it simple.  I am a christian, and I support same sex marriage.  Also, Dtothe2nd would be welcome at my house for Christmas :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

obiebyke

I can't do anything about you not agreeing with me. That's fine.

There is a difference between "faith believers" (?) and people adhere to scientific fact.

My sigh was a stand-in for all I could say but it's not worth it. I absolutely agree to disagree. I also will continue to post and express my opinion when I see fit, and I will protect your right to do the same.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Mmmmm...beer

you just want santa to bring you some new shoes Smile

Absolutely! Smile

To me it's a celebration of family, coming together with people you haven't seen for a while, sharing gifts and good food, etc..  I was raised Christian, and there's a lot of good childhood memories associated with Christmas, it was my Mom's absolute favorite holiday, but as I got older the religious side of it slipped away.  But I have no problems with someone wishing me a Merry Christmas, and will tell them the same thing.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

I was trying to think what to add, and decided to keep it simple.  I am a christian, and I support same sex marriage.  Also, Dtothe2nd would be welcome at my house for Christmas :-)

Thanks! Big grin

I think that in the near future, people are going to look back on gay marriage the way that we now look back on interracial marriage, or any other civil rights issue, and wonder what took society so long to come to it's senses.  It's happening, just takes time.  Of course, there will always be the fringe, just like there are still people today who don't think that different races should mix, etc., but they will fast become the minority as society grows less tolerant of the discrimination.  You can see it improving with each generation, my oldest son, who is now a freshman in college, his generation is much more open minded and accepting than ours, and we're doing better than our parent's generation (I think).

-Dave

My running blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There is a difference between "faith believers" (?) and people adhere to scientific fact.

From a philosophical perspective, you'd be surprised how little difference there is.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

I feel excluded from Awood's Christmas invite so I can get new shoes, damn it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Very true.

From a philosophical perspective, you'd be surprised how little difference there is.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

RSX

I am the same.  I was just talking generally.  If I said what I think all the time (about people's posts) I would have no friends at all! Big grin

You remind me of one of my friends in some of your posts. Someone posted how great her husband was or something to that effect, and my friend posted yawn. That led to a debate and some unfriending. I thought it was hysterical from what I heard about it all.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

If you're in the area, come on by.  I put together a huge awesome meal.

I feel excluded from Awood's Christmas invite so I can get new shoes, damn it!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

If you're in the area, come on by.  I put together a huge awesome meal.

By next year, I might not be far from you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Running distance for you, I'm sure.

By next year, I might not be far from you.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Love the Half

Yeah, the Bible is pretty clear about it.

Leviticus 20:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Yeah, the Bible is pretty clear about it.

Leviticus 20:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

so two chicks is ok Cool

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

RSX

so two chicks is ok Cool

You found a loophole.

Mmmmm...beer

so two chicks is ok Cool

Just so long as there isn't a cup involved. Shocked

-Dave

My running blog