Beginners and Beyond

It's the Dailies BiAtch........... (Read 50 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Friday, yay...... 

Rocky and I hit the roads and pounded out 5 miles this morning, now I am going to stretch because my body needs it then I am going to shower and go back to bed for 2-3 more hours 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I have an easy 7 on tap here shortly and a therapeutic massage at 12:30 which should leave me feeling wonderful!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Nice 5er Andrea, going back to bed for a few more hours sounds like a good plan!

Have a great run and massage Rick!  I keep saying I need to get another one, the place I went to last time was great, and only $35!

Didn't post yesterday, but I did run, 7 miles in the evening after work.  Weather has been great last couple of days, dewpoint is low, nice breeze.  This morning it felt like fall, 61* with a dewpoint of 55*!  Love it.  Did 7 more this morning, gonna do 7 again this evening...notice a pattern? lol  I wanted to keep my mileage up this week, but keep the distance and quality down to let my calf heal, so far so good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

It is Friday!  HOORAY Friday!

I've got a LR planned after work.  I'll be happy with anything over 15 miles.  Just trying to push the distance a little more each week.  DW and I are headed to Vermont tonight for the weekend to visit her cousin.  Cousin wants to run a 5K tomorrow.  Ugh...a 5K the day after a LR.  I mean, I can't say no, right?  I'll just plan on that being a very painful 20-22 minutes.  Saturday tends to be my "run whatever" day, so I'm cool with doing the 5K.  It won't affect my 10K next weekend and might actually give me somewhat of an idea of what to expect.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

who needs a frying pan when we have Mother Nature?

We hit 101 degrees again yesterday in San Antonio. Mother Nature seems to be setting a trend for us here for August.  Not fun.  At least she is giving us some cool mornings before the heat sets in, so I guess we are a bit luckier than some of the hot-plate places in the US.  The cool mornings make for a nice drive-time to work because I like my classic rock blaring, my windows rolled down and the wind blowing through what little hair I have left.       Rest day for me today and a short day at work.   Getting off at 1 PM for an appointment (routine bloodwork) and then pick up my packet for my 5K tomorrow and then get my hair cut.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Stretch your body?  You should get one of those pilates torture devices that Damaris uses...that'll stretch your body!   Gee, must be nice to be able to go back to bed and not have to drive in to work.

Hope your 7 went well, LRB.  Enjoy the therapeutic massage!

With all the quality running you're doing, D2 sounds to me like your calf is doing pretty well.

Happy trip to Vermont, Baboon!  Pretty place, Vermont, stayed there with friends when I would travel to do the Beach to Beacon 10K.  Good luck with your LR and tomorrow just have fun with the 5K; relax for it, don't race it...maybe even pull a 'Scottydog' and stop a few times on the route and take photos; that'll make sure you're not 'racing' it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Happy Friday.

Yesterday I did the hotel treadmill because the surrounding area is way too hilly for my tastes for an MP run. (Full disclosure: I am back in Connecticut; sorry Baboon/Oski, there was no time for FE this trip.) My hotel is at a mall; for my easy run this morning I compromised & did loops around the mall parking lot. Not too exciting, but pretty traffic-free between 5:30 & 7:00AM. And much nicer than the treadmill.

10 miles.

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Friday.

Yesterday I did the hotel treadmill because the surrounding area is way too hilly for my tastes for an MP run. (Full disclosure: I am back in Connecticut; sorry Baboon/Oski, there was no time for FE this trip.) My hotel is at a mall; for my easy run this morning I compromised & did loops around the mall parking lot. Not too exciting, but pretty traffic-free between 5:30 & 7:00AM. And much nicer than the treadmill.

10 miles.

I'd have no problem looping around a large quiet parking lot.  Not too much different than running circles around a track.

<3

hog4life

Hey all, lots of coffee this morning. My ole leg is starting to feel better, so thinking about trying a few miles over the weekend.

Hip Redux

Happy Friday.

10 miles.

Welcome back to Connecticut, where every run is planned around avoiding big hills. lol

Mmmmm...beer

Scotty, the calf is actually feeling great, but I still want to take it easy for a bit to be safe.  I'm skipping the mile race I was going to do tomorrow and keeping all my runs in the single digits this week, I'll still hit the mileage that my plan had for me, just without the speed, MLRs or LR.  Next week I'll get back to the plan. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates tonight and that is it!  Yay!

In court already.  BBL.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I actually felt more tired after going back to sleep, only got like an hour and a half maybe before Dorian decided to wake just before 7 AM lol. And now I've got to drive this crappy, tiny Elantra again today... the mechanic still can't figure out the electrical problem in my Tahoe and they've had it for a week. They said if nothing is figured out today, they won't charge us and they'll give us back the Tahoe which we will then take to the dealer where we bought it from hoping they've got more "toys" to figure this shit out. I am going to see if I can trade this POS in for a full size, more comfortable rental car. My neck hurts, my back hurts, my fucking knees and calves hurt from driving this things it is that uncomfortable 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

We have the opposite of Scotty - fall temps are setting in already here. It was only about 58* this morning. Smile

6 miles with the group.

And an update on DS's thumb: Following ideas from his YouTube research, DH used the heated tip of a paper clip to "melt" a hole in the top of the thumbnail and drain out the pooled blood under it. A little icky, but DS said it was painless. Though the smell of the smoke from the candle DH was using, along with a bit of odor from the nail, inspired DS to say "It smells like we're grilling in here." Note: I observed from a distance while busying myself with other tasks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

hog4life

We have the opposite of Scotty - fall temps are setting in already here. It was only about 58* this morning. Smile

6 miles with the group.

And an update on DS's thumb: Following ideas from his YouTube research, DH used the heated tip of a paper clip to "melt" a hole in the top of the thumbnail and drain out the pooled blood under it. A little icky, but DS said it was painless. Though the smell of the smoke from the candle DH was using, along with a bit of odor from the nail, inspired DS to say "It smells like we're grilling in here." Note: I observed from a distance while busying myself with other tasks.

Step, I've done that with the paper clip too. Another option is to get a very tiny drill bit about the same size as the paper clip. Then use your fingers to twist it, the drill bit will very easily go through the finger nail.