Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins are Prepared (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  A bike ride with hubby this afternoon and a run tonight if I have time.

PADRunner, morning!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning PAD and Docket.  Have a nice ride with hubby.

SRD after 6 miles around the track yesterday.

Have a great day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

About to head out for 4 miles.

I am meeting my parents in Manhattan to the hospital where my cousin's wife is today. We probably can't see her as she is in critical and can't really have visitors aside from my cousin, her parents, her siblings....but my cousin could use some company.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Hey PadRunner.  Thanks for starting us off.

Damaris - have fun on the bike ride and run if you get to that.

Jerry - enjoy your rest day.

Kristin - I hope your four went well.  Do they clear the paths in the park or are you running on sidewalks?

I'll do some miles on the TM this afternoon.  It was supposed to be long run day, but I don't think I can handle it for that long today.

Zelanie

Hello!  The "official" weather folks say that we got 18" of snow in total.  We're supposed to get freezing rain off and on today.  We've gotten enough that the snow is crusted over and one of my dogs so far refuses to go out in it at all.  It's definitely an all-time record for snowfall here (we usually get 1-2", at most, maybe once a year).

I've had my coffee and am trying to get up the nerve to walk the 1/4 mile to the TM to run my 12.  We're supposed to expect power outages today, so sooner would be better than later.

PAD- Morning!  How is the leg doing?

D- Glad you had a good run yesterday!  Enjoy the bike ride!

Jerry- Enjoy the RD.

kristin- Sending strength for the family visit.

Ginny- Hope that you can handle and even enjoy the miles that you do run today! Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I just finished a nice 8 with DW. After a bowl of oatmeal and a banana we are off to Day 2 of the swim meet.

Enjoy the day.

Dad on the run.

So went for my LR and felt like Forest Gump so I just kept running and running and figured might as well run a HM distance. so 13.1 in 2:20 avg pace 10:44m/m. Next week will be a light week because although the run felt great it was probably pretty stupid so.... But hey at least I'm caught up with my pace bunny now!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Good morning friends!

Docket--  I just noticed your sig line quote.  That's so awesome and true.

Jerry-- hey you!

Kristin-- hope your miles went well.  Sending good thoughts to you and your family again today.

Ginny-- hi and good luck with your TM run.

Zelanie-- 18" and then ice on top now.  Wowsers.... that is just crazy.  Hope you don't freeze just getting over to the TM.

Jack-- awesome job on the 8 today!  Rawh, go DD2 go!  Good luck to her today!

jimmy-- I just can't believe how well and good you've been doing lately.  Hopefully the injuries are well behind you now.   Very proud of how well you're progressing.

Did an easy, smeezy 7 miles today.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

Afternoon all, left early this morning for a 15k. Knee felt pretty good through most of it but is sore a little sore now.  It's nap time. Smile

GinnyinPA

Z - with that much snow and ice, I'm not surprised they're calling for power outages.  I hope you are spared.  How did the TM run go?

Jack - good job getting in 8 so early.  I hope your daughter did well at her meet.

Jimmy - amazing run.  Nice when it feels like you can run forever.

Cherie - I saw your easy smeezy and thought you wrote sneezy.  I was about to ask if you had a cold. I'm glad it was a good one for you.

PADRunner - aside from the knee, how was the race?  Good job finishing 15k with a sore knee.

I struggled today, but did manage to do 9 on the TM.  I really can't wait for spring.  Long runs are so much better outdoors.

PADRunner

PADRunner - aside from the knee, how was the race?  Good job finishing 15k with a sore knee.

It did alright through 6 then I started feeling it again. I'm don't think I'm getting the injection. I rested it for 10 days and cut my miles to 20  a week and it was fine so I just need to get through the half in 2 weeks and then take a break. Keep my self limited to shorter distances.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: we are still here! In fact, we will be here until 8:00!!

She Can: Smile

PAD: sorry about the knee. I am currently battling some PF and the hardest thing for me has been dialing back the mpw. I would love to be running 45-50 but am lucky to get 25.

Zelanie

TM run went pretty well.  Did the last mile at MP because there was a guy who looked like he was waiting and I was feeling bad spending all that time on one of the 2 TMs.  One other guy came and went while I was on, I saw him now and then running by on the icy streets.  Power went out at 1.7 miles, but came right back on and has stayed on so far.

Ginny- Your mileage is really getting back up there!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SheCan, yours also sound very insightful.

We got a flat so we had to cut it short to 5.73 miles on the bike.

Damaris