Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

-John Bingham,

PADRunner

Morning Penguins,

Just gym tonight for me, going to try to cut back to 5 days a week  but same mileage.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi PAD and Pens to follow.  Four miles last night and at least four tonight. It's almost Friday.

Bin Running

Hi all.

PAD, hope the new schedule works for you.

Jack, have you got your mojo back?

7.5M with 4x1miles @ 10k pace. Sneak in a quarter miles @ 6:50 at the end.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal tonight, and a walk at work.  Bin, my in-laws are quite involved in Pokemon.  My nephew was Washington state champ and Oregon state champ when he was younger, but hasn't placed that well since high school and now college.  But his folks run a league and they're head judges, so they went to Worlds for judging (also Nationals a couple of months ago).  My nephew didn't qualify for Worlds -- he got knocked out in the first round of the last chance qualifier.   So he just hung out with Pokemon friends.

PAD -- good luck on the plan change!  I like the quotes you put on the intro.

Jack -- I'm not sure Wednesday morning qualifies as almost Friday.  Enjoy your 4!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your speedy miles!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Good morning!  I will be enjoying my Wednesday RD today.  I went out to run yesterday in the midday full sun again, I guess Sunday wasn't enough for me to learn my lesson.  Hopefully I will be smart and just run mornings or evenings for a while now.

Docket_Rocket

Yo. 6 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Zel, DH went out to run when I left for work this morning.  Mid-day sun would suck!  Though I'm walking around 2 pm in jeans, so I'm all hard-core, right? 

Docket -- yo yo'sef!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5:30 am today and off to the university campus.  Did the Diploma Dash 5K route around the campus and ended up finishing in 32:44, surprising myself. I was guessing I'd finish in about 34-or-35-something.  Still flippin' hot here - we will hit 100 again today - altho (neener neener neener, Damaris ) Mother Nature is giving us a bit of a break with cooler mornings this week.  This morning, only 72 degrees, and dew-point in the 60s...sweeet.

Happy gym time, PAD.  I'm trying to maintain 5 days a week running.  Will see how my back feels about that!

Welcome back to school, Jack!  Now that it's started again, hope you can work your runs in around it.

Nice running, Bin!

I have absolutely no idea how to play pokemon, HsM.  Or any kind of those games, for that matter. My speed is more Pacman and Q-Bert, lol.  Simple, fun stuff, for simple, slow me.    Happy walking and quartet-ing!

Now, Zelanie, it can't be THAT hot in Oregon! 

Yo Yo, Damaris!  OK...now I'm dizzy from watching the yo-yo....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

According to my plan, 3.3 miles done.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Singer who runs a smidge

I walked.  Not as muggy as yesterday, but hotter.  And the kids flooding campus look so young!! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.6 Run/Walk for us.  Would have liked to go farther, but DW does not like the "heat".

Nice to have a midweek 5K Scotty, since you rarely get a chance to run a weekend race.  

Singer who runs a smidge

Oops, quartet practice just got cancelled.  Our lead's father has Alzheimer's, and they're trying to fit him for new dentures.  Apparently he's being difficult and she's really frazzled.  So, it's home early for me!  (Well, comparatively early, anyway).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PAD

How did that 1200 treat you?  Any soreness?

tracilynn

Walked trails this morning as my 60 mins of easy cross training.  Saw 2 snakes  I'm done with trails until the first freeze.

Tomorrow is my first ever tempo run. I think I may do it on the treadmill so I can just plug in my numbers and not have to think about it.

I ordered a road ID sport bracelet today.  Woooo.

~~~~~~~

Traci