Beginners and Beyond

Reluctant DAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

Yes, I am running today.  Are you?

happylily

Of course you are... And so am I. 

Junk mile day today, on sort of tired legs. Minimum 8 miles, to reach 80 for the week. Above 8 will be gravy.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Of course you are...

The reluctance I referred to was to start the dailies.    I am actually looking forward to my longest run since I was stricken with that unspeakable ailment back in September.

And tell me dear, what is this junk miles you speak of?  I do not believe such a thing exist.  lol

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lilly there is no such thing as a "junk mile" a mile is a mile!

Good morning! 3-ish on tap for later.

I posted this pretty late last night so many people may have missed it, so I will post it again for anyone who was curious about my visit to the hospital yesterday where my cousin's wife is:

Quick update: My parents and I got to the hospital, and as soon as we got there, my cousin's wife began breathing on her own. They took her off life support and she woke up! She was cognizant and talking and fully awake for the first time since this all started last week! She was awake and talking....even laughing and making jokes. She is doing so much better! Unfortunately she has no memory of the last 2 years of her life though. She knows who my cousin is but does not remember their wedding and didn't know they were married (they recently celebrated their 2 year anniversary). She does not remember that she has a baby Sad they showed her pictures of her daughter and she thinks she is cute but doesn't know she is hers Sad The short term memory may return though, and if it doesn't I guess there are worse things in the world than forgetting 2 years of your life. She is awake and her vitals are stable, that is what matters most!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

The reluctance I referred to was to start the dailies.    I am actually looking forward to my longest run since I was stricken with that unspeakable ailment back in September.

And tell me dear, what is this junk miles you speak of?  I do not believe such a thing exist.  lol

Oh in that case, good luck with the LR, Rick! You've been running great since your come back. You got really fast quickly. Must be all that Daniels' stuff. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Yes, I am running today.  Are you?

Don't know!  Maybe.  I'd like to do something easy.  If not, that's fine too.

Headed to Costco in a bit.

Good morning!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure if I will run or bike or both.  We'll see if hubby's tire can be fixed without ordering parts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Morning folks,

Kristin, good news and bad news. What a roller coaster. It must have been very comforting for them to have

extended family with them. Brain injuries can be unpredictable at best and I am hoping for more complete

return of her short term memory and a good prognosis for the disease.

Good luck Rick!

Hello my friend Lily!

For me.................The feels like later today is going to be -4F (yahoo) Currently -20f. 

Not really loving it but refuse to do more than 10k on the dreadmill, just not tough enough. Although this winter

has been good for me in one way,  in that I no longer want to kill myself after the 6k point on a treadmill run.

We will be 
                  going out sometime later this morning when it warms up a bit, for 9 miles.  Also need to get in 90

minutes on the bike, probably while watching Olympics. Older son is coming out today to watch with us. We

are a huge Olympic fan family and it's more fun watching together.

Have a good one folks!

LRB

Must be all that Daniels' stuff. 

Nah, his is but one of no less than a dozen ways to peel an apple.  The only thing that matters is that it gets peeled, not how.

Just B.S.

OH and thanks to everyone who contributed to my travel inquiries yesterday.  I am sending an email to our travel

agents today. I know he will be happy and be able to give us lots of info and guidance. They are from the UK and

Austria is his favorite country. I believe he did an Ironman there.

Nah, his is but one of no less than a dozen ways to peel an apple.  The only thing that matters is that it gets peeled, not how.

Some of us just end up smashing it into applesauce, but it still eats pretty good.

I have no idea what that means, but my legs kind of feel like applesauce this morning.

I will get to it shortly - what has become my Sunday tradition of gym treadmill followed immediately by yoga class.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

LRB

Some of us just end up smashing it into applesauce, but it still eats pretty good.

Precisely.

I, like Beth will forgo the mill and head to my loop where it snowed yet again overnight and is still snowing here.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and happy Sunday!!!!

I've been getting some errors on the forum pages these last couple of days. In particular, I'm getting a "This page cannot be displayed" that covers up the first few posts on a given page.

Anyway, SRD for me. Feeling decent after yesterday's 3.5. Today's the day to do some much-needed housework. If I can get my butt off the chair and out from in front of the computer, that is!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Kristin, glad to hear that your cousin is doing better. That's very positive news!

I haven't been following the situation as closely as I should  (I've been somewhat absent from the forum lately) but I am keeping tabs.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been staring at the weather forecast looking for hope, and February 13th the temps should start rising into the 40's!!!!  That is going to feel like summer compared to this crap!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)