Beginners and Beyond

What type of shoes do wear when not in running shoes? (Read 85 times)

Nevrgivup

Going out for New Year's today and I am dreading the heels! I am a sneaker and flat kind of girl. I feel geriatric when it comes to what I like to wear for shoes. I can't imagine being in heels all day!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

bluerun

Super B****

Me neither... I mean, I love heels, I think they look awesome, and I own a whole bunch of them... but they're just for sitting around and looking pretty, not for actual walking.  I never wear shoes when I'm at home, and it's retired running shoes whenever possible.  I'm getting old.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

I work in slippers, and 6 months of the year I wear flat sandals. But for the holidays, I bought those below. They are totally uncomfortable and after wearing them 3 times last week, I am just learning to walk in them without looking like an idiot. I bought them to wear with the dress that follows ,and together, it looks fabulous (or at least it does on the model. Not so much on me. )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I wore my Brooks Pure Flow (black) to work for 6 months.  At first it was because I had a stress fracture and walking in regular shoes hurt.

But then it was just because I liked it and I was too lazy to put on "work" shoes.  And no one noticed or cared.

Docket_Rocket

I work in heels, although right now I am wearing comfy Clarks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Love that outfit Julie!

I will most likely take the shoes off before midnight. Oh lord help me. I found the best sandals for summer that are pricey but super comfy. They are called Think sandles. Google them. I've had them for like three years now and they were so worth the investment when I had a mild case if PF.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Love the Half

All the chicks dressed up = happiness.  (Yeah, I'm a dirty old man).  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wink

I wear my retired running shoes. Lily, they are more comfortable than your skyscrapers but not nearly as stylish. Smile

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wink

I wear my retired running shoes. Lily, they are more comfortable than your skyscrapers but not nearly as stylish. Smile

Ditto. Although I went through a period of wearing some loud colors, so I probably will need to wait until I finish something a little more tame. Probably mid-June.

- Andrew

+100 I feel the same way!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Wandering Wally

Just socks around the house.  Some Keen slip-ons for the office or if we go out.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

obiebyke

It varies slightly, but my standard is brightly colored NB Classics.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

LRB

I wear running shoes most of the time and although they are loathed by many, black running shoes are a win when you work in an office for part of the day.  When in the field I wear work boots and that is only because Asics does not make a running boot. 

I obviously have casual and dress shoes but the occasions I need to wear them are few.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My job involves many hours on my feet and running after small children who are diagnosed with autism who tend to be quite active. I wear retired running shoes most days. However one of my part-time jobs I go to after school hours has a no sneaker policy. So on those days, since I'm forgetful and if I change shoes midday I will undoubetly forget a pair somewhere, I wear Sketcher flats that have a sneaker bottom. Wear them a lot on weekends too. I also wear Uggs a lot in the winter....so comfy and warm!

When I wear a nicer outfit to a party, date, ect.  I wear cute flat heeled suede boots in the winter, flats in spring and fall (Naturalizer is my fave brand) and sandals in the summer.

Heels are basically reserved for weddings only...I hate heels!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

I didn't even wear heels at my wedding, I'm certainly not going to wear them out to dinner. lol    Plus, it's not like I need to be any taller anyway.

I am usually in my New Balance Minimus 10s - all black, so they pass at work.   I also rotate in my Merrell slip ons in the winter.   They have a fuzzy lining and are so warm.    If it's a special occasion, I have fancy ballet flats.