Beginners and Beyond

Memorial DAILIES (Read 43 times)

Good  morning dailies:

Recovery miles after work, have a good one especially if you're off.

LRB

We we remember...

'Sup yo!

I am heading out for an easy run with a little fast stuff mixed in there somewhere.

See ya!

delicate flower

Good morning!  You know how sometimes after a marathon it's tough to sleep because you are so sore?  Not an issue for me last night.  The soreness was there, but I slept like a rock.  9 solid hours.  My feet hurt (they were swollen last night), my right knee hurts (my good knee), my hip hurts, my glutes are killing me ('sup with that?), and my legs are sore top to bottom.  Feels awesome.  Smile

SRD, although I will eat like it's nobody's business.

<3

happylily

Morning, Champ! Morning, RockStar! Morning Pain Man! 

Looks like a bit of rain here today. I did all my flower baskets yesterday, just in time. Today is rest day for me. So, so, so happy to not have to run 7 days a week anymore! I'm on the in between marathon Pfitz plan at the moment and man does it ever feel easy. I will however stretch for 15-20 minutes (yawn) and do some push-ups and sit-ups.

Have a great day, everyone!

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
          Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
          They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
          They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
          Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
          At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
          We will remember them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

on my way to badass

Enjoy your well deserved eating/rest day Baboon!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Training for San Francisco started with an 8 flat easy miles this morning.  Pilates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day, and it would have been a nice sleep in day had Dorian not been trying wake up from 3:30 AM and on until like 6 AM. Then he finally decided enough was enough at 7:15 AM and I am reluctantly awake....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Happy Memorial Day.

I think about 8 miles after work.

LRB

Dave P killed mile 6 of his first 10k you hear me?  Killed it!  

Docket_Rocket

Looking forward to hear all about it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Super! Where's Dave anyway?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Super! Where's Dave anyway?

Recovering from the killing.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

5 recovery miles done, time to cut the grass and then get ready for some grilling.

Please take a moment today to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  They're the reason we're able to enjoy our freedom and do the things we love, like run.  This country, and the world, would be a very different place if not for those men and women who were willing to sacrifice everything.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Time to get packed and head home. First, we are going to take advantage of the free all you can eat breakfast. Smile DW is pretty sore and I am feeling ok, just two tired legs.

Have ve a good day.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day. Thanks to all of our former service members, my dad and grandpa being one of them.

I'm looking forward to reading some RRs today, including Dave's.

I had 5 mile run planned for this morning. I got out there and it was 57, overcast with a slight wind (DP of 55 for Damaris). Perfect running weather. So I turned it in to a Tempo run that I saw on Flotrack last night. The U of MN guys were doing a slight progression on their Tempo. So I did a mile w/u and then I did 7:48, 7:38 and 7:25 miles. Finished with a mile c/d. 5 miles in 41 minutes. Not too shabby.

Going to be getting ready for DD's bday party that we're having at the park later. Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew