Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Ball of Fury

Thanks LRB!  I know it shouldn't affect me too much...I just hate missing workouts!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

8 miles done. Good luck to April, Kristin, and Mitch!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

BruceD555

Morning folks. I was going to swap my Sunday long run out for today because we're supposed to hit 60 degrees but the forecast has been updated to now show 20-30 mph winds with rain throughout the day. I think I'll leave the schedule alone and just do my 5 recovery miles today and save the 20 miles for tomorrow morning (supposed to be 38 in the AM)

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Thanks LRB!  I know it shouldn't affect me too much...I just hate missing workouts!

I know!  I am still grumbling about an aborted workout from three weeks ago lol!

I am not obsessive about anything...except my speed workouts.  Don't mess with those and we will be okay!

delicate flower

Good luck, April, Kristin, Mitch, and Oski!!  Big grin

'Morning, kids!  I hit the gym first thing this morning with DW in tow for some upper body, and now I'm at work testing a server move.  So far, so good!  Man, the system is flying.  Once I get out of here, I'm going for a bike ride.  It's going to be a windy one.  Cold pizza for breakfast = SCORE.

Have a great Saturday!!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I'll be going out later to run, probably in the rain. I'll shoot for 5-8 miles plus some strides to wake up my legs for tomorrow's race.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Good luck racers! Good morning everyone.

I've got 3 shakeout miles on tap.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 15 miles in similar OMFG headwinds like flarunner.  Made me super slow.  But gorgeous weather.

Good luck to all our racers!  Kick it up!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

6.4 mile run done.

Good luck to all today's racers!

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now at the puppy pool.

Marjorie

YAYpril - B-Plus

Orange made me fast. Course was a little short on my watch, 6.13, but watch time was 55:59. PR by over a minute and a half. Yay!!

Ball of Fury

Orange made me fast. Course was a little short on my watch, 6.13, but watch time was 55:59. PR by over a minute and a half. Yay!!

Congrats April!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Zelanie

Good morning!  Pfitz says 10 today, everything else I read says that might be too long with 1 week to go.  So I suppose I'll go out and run 8-10, depending on how I'm feeling.  Apparently tapering makes me feel like eating a lot and not running.  Last night it was after 9 before I found the motivation to run.  But it was Friday after work, so ugh.  Felt great once I was actually running.

fla- nice miles today!

Sparker- Good luck getting through the show on the cheap!  Is that even possible?

April- Good luck today!

Luke- New routes are fun!

Kristin- Good luck (again!)

Dave- Hope your DW enjoys the show!  Maybe she will focus on ideas for her friend's house, then?

Mitch- Silly, two hours was LAST YEAR's finish time, not this year!  Can't wait to find out how it's going!

LRB- Hope your workout goes well.  I still have a hard time getting the difficulty right when I'm trying to design something myself.

Ami- Glad you're starting to feel better!

Oski- Hope you have a blast at the 5K!

Bruce- Enjoy the 5 later!

Phil- Hope you have a good ride!

Step- Good luck tomorrow!

B-Plus- Have a good shakeout run!

Robert- Nice mileage today!

MarjorieAnn- The puppy pool sounds like a lot of fun!  Can you bring my labs along?

Zelanie

Congrats on the PR, April!

B-Plus

Congrats April! I hope I can replicate your improvement tomorrow.

3 miles @ about 9:00 w/ 1 stride. My legs felt a bit heavy, so I hope they'll be ready to fly tomorrow.

Going to the airport in a bit to pick up a special friend who is staying for a week, so I guess I won't be getting much running done after the race tomorrow. Oh well.