Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

Well that was the workout from hell...which apparently makes me the flippin' devil!

Ladder workout:

2 x 1200's w/ 3:00 recoveries 5:13, 5:08

2 x 1000's w/ 2:45 recoveries 4:11, 4:06

2 x 800's w/ 2:30 recoveries 3:16, 3:12

2 x 400's w/ 2:00 recoveries 1:36, 1:30

2 x 200's w/ 1:30 recoveries 46, 42

2 x 100's w/ 30 second recoveries 20, 20

Though it didn't seem it at the time, I actually held up quite well and finished strong.  Now it's time to go do what runners do; eat some shit up!

StepbyStep-SH

Congratulations on the great PRs, Kristin and April!

Luckily, the rain is slow in getting here, so I actually had sunshine for most of my run, but the 20 mph winds were pushing me around a bit. Ended up with 8 miles at a 9:35 overall average, with fairly consistent pacing even over big hills, until coming straight into the wind the last couple miles. Ankle was fine until mile 6, and is a bit sore now. I'll just play everything by ear tomorrow as to whether I push the pace to race it or just run easy and enjoy the atmosphere of the event.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

RR up!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c759ad314f4e4fd59faa8306ee036171#focus

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

April and Kristin, congrats on the PR's! I'll be getting to your RR's later.

Zelanie, your comment about being silly, just cracked me up. Last year was 2:01:27, so I got a course PR of 1:55:13. I believe I was 19/47 AG, and 189/~1100 OA. I took a picture of the AG awards, just totally friggin awesome, too bad I'll never be fast enough to get one. The finisher's medals are quite nice too though. Some have seen on FB. I need a nap...RR will be later.

delicate flower

Rode the road bike for 41 miles at 17.1 mph today and no knee pain.  I'm very happy about these developments.  50 miles would have been really nice but I am trying to be good.

Need to catch up on the dailies.......

<3

10 miles at 8:39, pretty happy with that pace over that distance. Never did warm up too much -- mid-40's, windy & overcast. But I was in shorts anyway, as I am determined to keep the pants retired for the season. Kind of funny to be in shorts while other runners are out in full winter gear -- jackets, hats, gloves.

Congrats again to the racers!

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Still in the land of no Internet (except for when we visit an aunts house, like today).

16 miles @ 7:56/mile, great run along the river with a monster 3/4 mile long hill at the end.  Wish I could run that route every weekend! I'll have to remember it next time we're out here visiting the inlaws.  Absolutely perfect weather too, from snow two days ago, to 63* and sunny today. Smile

Hope everyone is doing well and having great runs!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

flarunner - thanks for getting dailies rolling!

Sparker - how did the show go?  I went to a garden show once in Boston and quickly realized I know nothing about keeping plants alive.

Luke - new routes are my favorite Smile  I hate the same ol' same ol'.

Ami - so glad you're feeling better!  And LRB is right - you haven't lost anything in terms of fitness in a week.  And the rest might actual do some good.

Bruce - yeah, good call, running in the rain SUCKS.  I think I'd rather run in the cold.

Step, Zelanie - hope your runs went well!

DR - 15 miles in headwind... ughhhh, that sounds like a bear.

B+  -  what race?  Did I miss the details?

SIAR - 10 and still getting over a cold?  You deserve a nap.

LRB - beast mode!  Nice work!

Hog4life - can't wait for the RR Smile

D2-  Seriously, this no internet thing is like living in the dark ages. lol

Gustav, Robert, Marjorie, Ric-G, Step, Dave - nice runs!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

Hi dailies:

FLA - nice, 14

Sparker - hm that is early

Luke - look out for chupacabras on the new route

DaveP - as long as they aren't in the bathroom while you're using it...

AmiK - hope that day flies by for you

Oski - have fun

Bruce - enjoy the recovery miles and the warm temps

Baboon - have a good ride

Step - good luck tomorrow

B+ - shake shake shake...

D - headwinds the whole way?  I thought that a phenomenon only Buffalo was capable of.

Robert and Marjorie - nice job

April - congrats on the PR!

Zelanie - tapers really are maddening

Kristin - you killed that sub 30, congrats!

SIAR - have a good sleep

Ric-G - have fun

Rick - (un)holy beast mode. Wow.

Hog - will read it, cool

D^2 - nice run

Out for a short recovery run in a few, then a nice interruption-free night of catching up on Walking Dead episodes.

Zelanie

Went out for my run today, and my hip (which had been fine for the past two days) started hurting after 1 mile.  I called it quits after 2, and had a cold 2-mile walk home.  I can feel something clicking on the side of the hip joint when I walk.  I kinda think it's IT band related since my right IT band is also very tight when I try to roll it lately.

Guess I need to take a couple days off and do lots of rolling?  Anything else I can do to help salvage my race?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Went out for my run today, and my hip (which had been fine for the past two days) started hurting after 1 mile.  I called it quits after 2, and had a cold 2-mile walk home.  I can feel something clicking on the side of the hip joint when I walk.  I kinda think it's IT band related since my right IT band is also very tight when I try to roll it lately.

Guess I need to take a couple days off and do lots of rolling?  Anything else I can do to help salvage my race?

Oh no Sad If you can, make an appointment with a sports massage therapist to have them work on it. Mine worked on mine for 20 minutes once and while it was terribly painful, it helped a ton.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zel when my ITB acts up, if I catch it before it REALLY hurts even when walking,  a few days off running with lots of icing, Advil, foam rolling and stretching has usually helped. It was bothering me earlier this week so I took off til today's race and it was fine. Same thing the week before my last race in March (always race week!!! That thing just loves to make me freak out!)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

Yay April!!! I PRed too and got my sub 30! 28:31!

Congrats to you both!

Running for TJ because he can't.

That's the problem going to these things, my wife does have a green thumb. We have a lot of flower beds in our yard. Hopefully gt off easy, all we scheduled was a guy from a tree nursery to stop by next week.

Sparker - how did the show go?  I went to a garden show once in Boston and quickly realized I know nothing about keeping plants alive.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, hope it's nothing major.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page