Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: All-Star Week Wrap Up (Read 46 times)

LRB

Now that it's over (and we can actually talk about it ) let's hear what you came up with and how, be you a dailies regular or not.

I ended up with 68.4 miles in 6 days for the week which was a bit short of the modest 75 miles I planned on running.

I ran 8 on Monday, then AM/PM doubles twice; 8 + 4 Tuesday, then 8 + 8 Wednesday.  I ran 8 on Thursday and 12 both Saturday & Sunday. Sunday's run had some marathon pace stuff in it but was washed out by the rains and I was unable to run the 10 at MP I originally intended.

The duration for the five 8 mile runs was surprisingly consistent, the last of which came as the third 8 mile run in a 24 hour period and I definitely could feel that bad boy both in my legs and mentally as that run was not a lot of fun.

Honestly I did not feel that I was a good all-star candidate as I am not what anyone would confuse as a high mileage runner, but my team needed someone to step up to the plate so I did and ran what for me is a pretty solid week.

I hurt my back doing dead lifts the Friday before the games began and decided to scrap my original plans for speed work and ran easy instead.  That proved to be prudent as today that injury is doing much better (thank you Lord!).

I would have liked to run the 75 miles just for the sake of representing myself a little bit better but the chance to have fun in Chicago was just too great to pass up and I have no regrets about that decision!

Ultimately I came out of it healthy and tried some marathon stuff for later in the year so I am content with everything.

So that is how my week went down, let's talk about your all-star week or if you did not participate, let's talk about YOU!

LRB

And oh yeah; Happy Monday internet people.  Wake yo' asses up! 

Just B.S.

Its 6:30 am time to swim!!

Have a good day all.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  At the office already.  8 miles tonight.

LRB, great job on the All Stars.  I think you did great.

Beth, enjoy the swim.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

On Mondays I usually run during lunch at work. I take a 90 minutes lunch break. That leaves me about 35-40 minutes to run, since I have to walk to the nearby sports center, change, run, shower, walk back to work and start eating before lunch break is over. It'll be, as usual a 4 miles-ish easy recovery run. (This is one of the runs on which I could increase my weekly mileage. But running during lunch break is so convenient...)

delicate flower

Hello then now!  I ran 48 miles during All Star Week.  My miles don't count though.    Nice job on the 68, LRB!

So I left work at 2:45 Friday, and I punched back in a 6:30 this morning.  The time in between pretty much went like this:

Run

Bike

Run

Run

Bike

Now I am .  A shoddy night of sleep did not help.  Glad I have a mere 7 measly miles planned later today.  Half Ironman relay coming up on Saturday, which means 13.1 for me.  Hopefully I can get through this week with my legs intact.

<3

LRB

Morning!  At the office already. 

Bout to join ya in a a bit and not looking forward to it.  lol

'Sup Cy.  I run 4 on Friday a day that I could increase as well but have come to enjoy it as a really quick easy run.

Nice Biking Boon.  Nice running too two weeks removed from the big day!

Hi Beth!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

I ran 64 miles for Allstar week for the individual team the Benchwarmers.  Didn't add any mileage, just ran what I was planning to run for my base building.

Ankle is feeling ok, swelling has gone down a good bit, almost looks normal.  No real pain, just a slight twinge in certain positions.  I'll go easy on it and see how it goes.  Maybe I'll actually take a day off, we'll see (on day 25 of my current streak). :P

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MothAudio

Good morning everyone!

I ran 64 miles for Allstar week for the individual team the Benchwarmers.  Didn't add any mileage, just ran what I was planning to run for my base building.

Ankle is feeling ok, swelling has gone down a good bit, almost looks normal.  No real pain, just a slight twinge in certain positions.  I'll go easy on it and see how it goes.  Maybe I'll actually take a day off, we'll see (on day 25 of my current streak). :P

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good news and nice miles! 

Good morning runners! Sunday: 11 miles 2:03:00 - 11:10 avg. pace - general aerobic A.M. 4 miles 39:22 - 9:51 avg. pace - recovery P.M. Scheduled rest today in force :>

More than accomplished what I thought was possible for All-Star Week in miles - more than double my yearly P.B. and highest week since exactly one year ago. Only slightly feeling the extra mileage this morning, looking forward to some down time [how's everyone else doing?]. Kiddie starts camp today while I have some work to prep for tomorrow. Run inspired!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Happy Monday people, not.

Little over 6 on a beautiful morning. My All Star Week was 55 miles, but mine don't count either.

Have a good one.

Dave

B-Plus

Congrats All Stars. I'm heading out for an early 8.

LRB

Happy Monday people, not.

lol

'Sup Mike, D2 and BP!

Docket_Rocket

Since Miami is fully covered in smoke and I can even smell smoke inside the office, I predict a TM run if I can even breathe by this afternoon.  Damn Everglades on fire.  Seriously, hope I don't end up in the hospital.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two races done over the weekend.  Report and photos for both are here:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f3f8c01e6f434a8383aee1accd1fdbc1/resume#focus

Rest day today. Good day in San Antonio to take a rest day as we are supposed to get major thunderstorms throughout the day and really bad after 4 pm.  We shall see if our weather forecasters are correct for a change and they develop.

This week starts the week I shall now become a morning runner for the season - through Mid- September - as our temps will now be like this - with a few 100+ degree days along the way too - until nearly October.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Congratulations to all All-Star players! Great job, guys!

Zel, I'm so glad you're dog is ok. How scary it must have been for you... Those rescue guys are heroes. And it's cool that you got to use your running skills. :-)

Welcome aboard, Eric! You have the speed to BQ (sub-3:25 is I think what you will need?) in your first marathon, all you need now is to maintain that speed while you work at endurance. You have enough time for that between now and 2015. You'll do great, I'm sure.

Damaris, must be tough having all that smoke combined with the heat and humidity. Sounds like hell, actually. Take care of yourself and stay indoors.

B-Plus, so you ran in Hull-Gatineau? How did you enjoy our world famous potholes? :-) Glad you had a safe trip home.

Beth, I'm glad they caught the guy in Moncton. What is wrong with people? How can his friends and family not have detected anything wrong with him?

Today is a scheduled rest day. I'm doing an extreme taper because I ran 67 miles last week, instead of the 48 on the schedule. I'll be doing push-ups all day and also some stretching and rolling to help my legs feel fresher.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010