Beginners and Beyond

Still Sweltering Saturdaily Penguins (Read 18 times)

Sloooow.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Sloooow.

I actually got up at 6:20am to run! Temps were only 74F with 69DP, but I felt like throwing up/fainting when I got inside, lol. 3 miles done in 33:24, my 5K PR hah.

Off to the Farmers Market, have a great day everyone!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

coralie: don't go and get yourself sick!

Today DD has a XC meet at Mt. SAC and I have a four mile recovery run.  Bye!

Zelanie

Morning!  I have a RD today.  5K tomorrow afternoon.  Weather report says there's a chance of a thunderstorm, 50% chance of rain.  Should be an adventure.

Coralie- PRing your 5K in your first run outside in a while?  No wonder you felt like throwing up!

Jack- Good luck to DD!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3.5 at my parents' house (slept there last night) and  now off to the Rutgers game with my dad!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Morning busy penguins!

coralie, good job on the PR run time.

jack, enjoy XC meet with your dd

zel, rest day hooray

damaris, enjoy the Eight ball

kristin, have fun at the Rutgers game

Its 20 degrees cooler here today and I ran 7 miles this morning. It felt GREAT! Thank you Canadian air mass.

goona enjoy some football later and a couple of shock tops! Woohoo

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2.6 recovery run @ 10:10.  Felt good after LR yesterday.  Streak is intact.

Football couchpotato today.  Beat Iowa.

Take it easy Coralie.  Like the PR !!!

hog4life

Beautiful weather this morning for an 18 mile LR. I thought I already posted, hmm.

PADRunner

Ran my 2 legs of the mini tri this morning. My 2 person team came in 1st of 2 teams. Smile Even got a little trophy. Stayed for my cross class at 10. Came home starving. Now I'm ready for a nap!