Beginners and Beyond

Brrr: Deep Freeze TuesDAILIES (Read 71 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

The wind chill is currently -16.  I might need to dig out them fur underwear I bought as a gag gift a few years ago!

@runjerseygirl

And here I was complaining about our wind chill of 6. Ugh. Was going to try for 3 before my ortho appointment this morning. I think I may hit the 'mill for them, though. This just might be too cold for me.

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Just ran 1.5 in a feels like 6 temperature. Today is the first day on my comeback recovery plan - I'm doing the Higdon novice 5k.

Kay - it wasn't so bad running at that temp. I felt ok after about 1/2 mile. As for the wind, even that wasn't too bad, but my run was on a 1/2 mile loop.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Coffee is on!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

hog4life

Hi there Dailies. Sounds like some cold temps going around. I think it's 22 here, not sure about wind chill.

I got my diagnosis, it's called histoplasmosis and is treatable with antibiotics. I may try to run an easy 4 or so tonight.

Mitch

YAYpril - B-Plus

The wind chill here is 5. Brr. Glad I forced myself out yesterday so I wouldn't have to run today.

Probably heading to the gym at lunch for Myrtl and maybe core.

flarunner

Mornin' Babushkas!

Well, the 'feels like' temperature here is warmer than what you folks have. It felt pretty good this morning.

Did 5 miles. I guess you could call it a recovery run, although my idea of recovery involves the couch, some chocolate and a book/movie.

Stay warm out there peeps. Don't want any fiddly-bits getting frozen!

runmomto3boys

Flarunner: Ha!  You and me both!  I much prefer that kind of recovery!!!

Kay: I hope the ortho appointment goes well!

LRB: Stay warm!

Mitch: I'm SO darn glad the diagnosis is what it is.  Good news!

It's -27 here ("feels like").  Crazy.  11 general aerobic miles set for tonight. Legs were trashed last night so I cut my recovery run from 6 --> 3.5. Boo, hiss. Here's to hoping I bounce back tonight.

Good frozen morning, everyone.

Rick, found the fur undies?

Kay, try to enjoy your TM run. Good luck with the ortho.

Gustav, great run.

Mitch, I'm happy that you have a diagnosis and that it's easily treatable. Enjoy your run tonight.

AprilRunner, have a great workout.

flarunner, nice five-miler.

Heidi, enjoy your GA eleven. I hope that your legs feel better.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I slept an extra two hours this morning. I had a  tall cup of water and stretched. I'm heading out for a hot drink and a yogurt before work. After work, I'll head to the gym for weights and cardio.

@runjerseygirl

Didn't quite make it to 3.  Actually, not even 2.  1.9 in 21.08.  My knee started to bother me, but I really think it's because I'm wary about my foot, which felt surprisingly good.  I know it's affecting my how I strike, which is bothering my knee.  I did try to keep my stride under control on the TM though, being careful not to overstride.  I'll stretch and roll again today, and take tomorrow off.  Slow and steady is hard, LOL!

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

Morning all! Checking in at -8* (feels like -19*) at the moment. I'll utilize the Y again - 6 miles easy, plus my strength training class, followed by lunch with friends.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Wind chill was 17* here, love it!  I must be the only one that likes running in the cold. Smile  8 miles @ 7:51/mile done.  Stretched and ran on the wrong side of the road (wore a rear facing bright red light, in addition to my Xinglet), ITB felt great. I think road camber was a contributing factor, so I'm going to switch it up on the road and try to do more trail runs, while continuing to stretch.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! It is brutally cold out this morning. Good thing my TM interval day. Ran 2m to gym and did 4x200/200/800 w/200/400/400 recoveries for 5.8m and then another 1.5m cooldown run home. The 2m to gym was really windy and felt like my toes were going to fall off. 9.5m total though so got good work in today. great runnign all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???