Beginners and Beyond

Brrr: Deep Freeze TuesDAILIES (Read 71 times)

BruceD555

First time posting in the Dailies ...

With a feels like temp of -25 this morning and a 9 mile LT run planned I begrudgingly planned to use the dreadmill at the office. (I figured there would be no way I could hit my pace outside in those conditions) Unfortunately, the stupid building with its electronic locks doesn't think anyone needs access to that room until after 8:00. So my planned run at 4:30 AM still hasn't happened, DRAT! I'll still get it in but now it looks to be an afternoon workout instead.

(I do have to admit that I momentarily considered  trying to run outside when I couldn't get to the dreadmill, but thought better of it since I only have lightweight clothes at the office.)

Train smart ... race smarter.

@runjerseygirl

First time posting in the Dailies ...

With a feels like temp of -25 this morning and a 9 mile LT run planned I begrudgingly planned to use the dreadmill at the office. (I figured there would be no way I could hit my pace outside in those conditions) Unfortunately, the stupid building with its electronic locks doesn't think anyone needs access to that room until after 8:00. So my planned run at 4:30 AM still hasn't happened, DRAT! I'll still get it in but now it looks to be an afternoon workout instead.

(I do have to admit that I momentarily considered  trying to run outside when I couldn't get to the dreadmill, but thought better of it since I only have lightweight clothes at the office.)

Welcome to the Dailies!  Good luck getting that run in! Smile

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

Morning all!! It's a lovely "feels like" of -2F here right now because there is no wind.

Wish I could run this morning because it's doing down to -10F this afternoon when the wind picks up and that's when I'll be doing my 8 miles.

I live at the top of a mini-mountain and my street faces north and is open to a huge river valley. I cannot  tell how cold it is coming out of my driveway and turning into a north wind in January......brrrrrrrr. Good thing is once I get down the 1 mile to sea level I'm all warmed up for my run!

I think it's a good day to put the clothes in the dryer before heading out!

Have a good one folks!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 13 miles on the schedule today and a busy day at work.  Sorry for the late post and run.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I've got an 8 mile fartlek to do this afternoon or evening.  Should warm up to a balmy feels like temp of -3F around 6PM so I'll see if I can get it done outside.

Stay warm everybody.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! I had a great 3.4 mile run on the TM last night. Took it easy for the first 3 then ran the last half mile in a sub 10 minute pace (up to 8.5mm). Felt really good Smile REst day for me today, but I'll be doing my ITB rehab tonight when I get home. Stay warm everyone!

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!!

Sounds like it's freakin' cold for a lot of you. Stay warm! I understand that a little Bailey's in your coffee helps with the warmth..... Just sayin.....

LRB – Wow! Is there enough coffee in the world for you in that kind of cold? I think not.

Kay – Good luck at the ortho later today!! Hope you get some good news and find out what's up with your foot so that you can adjust your gait (or whatever you need to do) and not impact your knee.

Gustav – Thanks for the coffee! Nice job on your comeback run!!

Mitch – That diagnosis sounds scary, but I'm glad that they can treat it with antibiotics! Have a great run later!

April – Enjoy the gym time at lunch!

Flarunner – I like your idea of recovery! Way to get in some early miles today!

Heidi – Hope your legs feel lighter than air for your run tonight!! Have a delightful run!!

Basya – 2 extra hours of sleep sounds heavenly! But, I guess if you didn't sleep much, then 2 extra hours is at least mandatory so I'm glad you were able to take them! Have a wonderful day!!

Shari – What's for lunch? I'd opt for the Y if we had those kind of temps too. Enjoy your workout!

Dave – Glad to hear that changing sides of the road has helped! I run on the wrong side occasionally too just for that reason. I also try to switch up how I run the cul-de-sacs and the hill repeats in the neighborhood so that I don't always use the same leg as the “inside of the turn” leg. It seems to help.... Great run this morning!!

Jedi – Nice run this morning!

Bruce – Sounds like your morning is off to a rough start with the doors being locked. Hope your day improves and that your run this afternoon is incredible!

Beth – I love it when the clothes are all toasty warm from the dryer when you put them on! Ahhhh.... Have a fantastic 8 miles this afternoon!

Damaris – May your 13 be glorious later!

Code – Either you're posting earlier today or I'm late.... Good luck with your fartlek this evening!

Lilac – Enjoy the rest day! That looks like a great run yesterday! I'm glad that it went well!

I was able to get outside for 6.52 miles last night.   Ran negative splits for miles 1-6 even - 10:29, 10:03, 9:47, 9:40, 9:21, 9:06 (last .52 was cool down at 10:22).    It was a moderately hard effort, but it felt good!   I am looking for 7-10 after work today.

Have a Pinksational day, all!!   And, may your next run make you feel like all your goals are within reach!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

Rick, found the fur undies? 

Nope, but the next best thing!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies!

SRD for me.

Back to work after nearly a week off...Sad

For those of you in the dreadfully cold areas, try not to freeze to death!

Y'all come see us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Just B.S.

RICK!!! You look so darn cozy and cuddly!!Wink

Nope, but the next best thing!

@runjerseygirl

+1. That coat looks like heaven!

Do you even run?

LRB

That coat would be considered a wind breaker in your neck of the woods!

Just B.S.

That coat would be considered a wind breaker in your neck of the woods!

hehehe well it looks pretty good to me but I would need to add a scarf and a balaclava!!LOL

Chairman

I walked to my bus stop. And then from PABT to work. That's it for the day.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

delicate flower

'Morning!  Busy as all heck at work this morning.  I guess that's a good thing.

Haircut and elliptical tonight.

<3