Beginners and Beyond

Brrr: Deep Freeze TuesDAILIES (Read 71 times)

Luke79

5 mile trail run @ 9:48 avg.  I'm winding it down now for my race on Saturday.  I'll probably bike tomorrow since it's going to be 70°, then an easy 3 on Thursday and that's it.  I've never planned for a race this long and successfully executed a quasi training plan (of my own design).  A good trail runner, I would very much like to be.  Train wisely, I must.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everybody.  I guess I joined the  "more miles than degrees" club today.  It was 8, and I ran 11.68 at easy pace.  Nothing really felt cold, but I did have some funny ice hanging off my eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard .  The run did feel a little harder than I would have liked, so I'll let how I feel dictate my workout for tomorrow.  It's a double day, so it'll either be (quality, easy) or (easy, easy) based on how well I recover.  This week marks my move out of my "introductory phase" and into my "fundamental phase."  I didn't get any graduation gifts though Sad

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Pinktastic

Hi everybody.  I guess I joined the  "more miles than degrees" club today.  It was 8, and I ran 11.68 at easy pace.  Nothing really felt cold, but I did have some funny ice hanging off my eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard .  The run did feel a little harder than I would have liked, so I'll let how I feel dictate my workout for tomorrow.  It's a double day, so it'll either be (quality, easy) or (easy, easy) based on how well I recover.  This week marks my move out of my "introductory phase" and into my "fundamental phase."  I didn't get any graduation gifts though Sad

SIAR - Sure you did!  You got the gift of 11.68 miles in 8 degree weather!  And, it's a gift that keeps on giving as you keep progressing in your running journey!   Have a Pinktacular rest of your day!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bruce...Welcome!  Fitting avatar pic for these conditions.  Sorry about the tough luck with the TM at work - frustrating!

Code...Do you have set intervals for your fartlek, or just do true, random speed play?  Good luck getting it in.

Lilac...Glad you had such a good run on the TM last night.  Great job picking up the pace too!

Pink..Looks like a great run last night progressing through paces.  It seems like you've had a couple hard workouts in a row?  Have a good run later today.  ETA...yep, the gift that keeps on giving Smile

LRB...pure lady killer!

Robert...Have a good rest day, and good luck getting back on that work schedule.

Scrape...quality day today!

Baboon...anything fun for the haircut?  Mullet?  Mohawk?  Comb-over?  I'm due for one too...just looking for ideas.

Luke...That's awesome that you've prepared so well for your race this time.  I hope you see the results you want from all the work you've put in.  Regardless of the outcome, I have no doubts that you're a stronger runner because of the structure (not to say that it has to be all structure all the time).  Thanks for rubbing it in that you have 70 degree temps lol.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Kay, why the LOL? Slow and steady can be very difficult.

Shari, have fun strength training, running, and eating with friends.

Dave, 17F with the windchill is balmySmile

jedigunnie262.2, great job using your commute to the gym as a workout in itsself. You also rocked those intervals.

Bruce, enjoy your TM run.

Just B.S., where you live sounds lovely. have a great, and warm, run later.

Damaris, enjoy your virtual half.

c0derunner, I hope that you manage to do your eight-miler outdoors.

Sarah, have fun with the seven to ten after work.

lilac_jive, excellent run yesterday. Enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Robert, have a refreshing SRD.

Baboon, I hope that work passes quickly, that your stylist gives you a great do, and that your workout goes well.

Luke, great run. Good luck Saturday!

SIAR, very good job, considering how cold it was.

I can't wait to hit the gym after work. I'm feeling frustrated and need the outlet for my frustration.

Pinktastic

I can't wait to hit the gym after work. I'm feeling frustrated and need the outlet for my frustration.

Basya - Sorry you're frustrated today!   I hope your day gets better!!   Perhaps some push ups between now and gym time would help at least a little?    Hang in there!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been reading but been lazy to post.  This feels like a Monday.  Bah.

Damaris

LRB

5 mile trail run @ 9:48 avg.  I'm winding it down now for my race on Saturday.  I'll probably bike tomorrow since it's going to be 70°, then an easy 3 on Thursday and that's it.  I've never planned for a race this long and successfully executed a quasi training plan (of my own design).  A good trail runner, I would very much like to be.  Train wisely, I must.

Good luck bro!

Supp Clique!

Gus, damn you got that thing done early!

Mitch, remain steadfast my friend!

Flo, you are so funny!

Supp X!

Basya, you don't sit still for long!

D, 17 degrees is one thing, -17 is another!

Bruce, welcome to the crew!

Code, let me know how that works out for ya!  Wink

Hi Damaris!

Sarah, I went with Donut Shop today.  Bad mistake, should've went with Pike Place.  I won't make that mistake tomorrow I guarantee it!

Supp Jedi, Shari, April, KPS, RWC, Boon, Beth, Rob and SIAR!

Me, I got in 6 easy miles w/ 7 strides @ 6:00.  I really like the combination of loud music and loud cartoons to break up the sheer doldrums of running on that stupid thing.

Still have a ways to go before I can run outside before work but we are getting close.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I went to the gym at lunch and had originally planned on doing 30 minutes on the bike, but I changed my mind and did 20 minutes then paid Miss Myrtl a visit. Let's be realistic - I can tell myself 12 times a day that I'll do preventative stuff at home, but other than my dynamic warmup it just doesn't happen.

LRB

I felt the same way earlier.  I don't think I consumed enough calories over the weekend, something I will rectify when I finally blow this popsicle stand.

In the meantime, I had a light pick me up from my favorite watering hole:

Which has just enough caffeine to have meaning, as well as a few berries to gnaw on to keep my mind off of how hungry I am!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh.  I like those....

Damaris

runmomto3boys

SIAR: EXCELLENT run today!!!

Luke: Great work on the 5!  Good luck in your upcoming race this weekend!!  It's a 10 miler, I see.  FUN!

Basya: I'm sorry you are having a rough day.  Hopefully, you can work out your angst at the gym!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Basya, I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Sweat therapy will help.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry to tell all you cold-weather folks, but it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood in San Antonio.  Sunny, blue skies, and 64 degrees right now.  We are heading for a high of 71 today.  Makes me want to get out there and run but after running 3 days in a row, I will behave myself and take a rest day today. Maybe go for an easy walk after I get home from work.   Gonna enjoy this weather while it lasts.  This weekend we have a cold front coming and the low on Saturday will be 37 degrees. Figures, as I have a 5K that morning.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Luke79

Chin up D!  Have a good day.