Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy lazy Sundailies! (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

<3

delicate flower

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!  This place seems to have a bad habit of not starting Sunday dailies.  We're still online on Sundays, folks!  Big grin

DW and I met Oski and He-Oski for dinner last night.  Good times.  Today should be a fun day.  We've got our annual walk for Multiple Sclerosis this morning (33 degrees), and I'll be stopping for coffee during the walk.  We're going out for lunch after, then Wife and I are going for a bike ride.

Gotta go get ready.  Have a great Sunday!

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have a good walk Baboon!

No laziness for me...race day!

Missed check in yesterday but ran 4.5. Planned 5 but got nervous about the ITB. Hoping it holds up today.

Getting ready for my 5K. Don't plan on "racing" it but we shall see!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Phil, thanks for starting today's thread. I enjoy reading about your adventures with DW. You seem like a sweet couple. Enjoy the walk.

kristin10185, good luck with your 5K today!

I've done my forty push-ups. It's a little after 7:00 a.m. here. At around 8:30, I'll go out for my LR. I'm looking forward to it. I need the me time.

LRB

Supp!

Heading out to meet meet up with my running crew for a Sunday long run in 26 degree weather, though it is with full sun and no wind!

I have not run with them at this location since last August so I am looking forward to it.

The posted pace for most that will be there today is 9:30-10:00 ish miles, so I will do a little trot for the first mile or so while chattin' it up with the boys and girls before pushing on and settling into my groove of 8:40 ish.

Holla back!

Just B.S.

Morning all!

19-20s miles for hubby and I this morning. Then taperville!  It's 29F but no wind and sunny, so should be a

great day for a  last long run.

First Sunday long run in 6 weeks without Auntie living here so I might be able to rest this afternoon

and watch golf!

Boon, sounds like a great day.

Kristin, good luck!

Basya, enjoy!

LRB, we have the same weather today! Enjoy.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Morning all!

Good luck Kristin!

DD hockey practice at 9:00, then LR after that. I am going to try to shoot for 18, but will see what the body tells me about that. I am still torn between allowing some recovery from last weekend's HM and getting the miles in for my upcoming FM. Also considering that next weekend I am out of town with the family & not sure what I will be able to get in, so erring on the side of getting in wat I

can now. LRB already gave my weather report, add some degrees to that since I won't be going out till later & should be even nicer.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi, friends!

It's 35° right now so I'm lazying it up on the couch with some coffee. I'll go out for 5 miles sometime this afternoon, probably when the husband mows the lawn. I think I might make whole wheat honey waffles for breakfast soon.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning Baboon, Kristin, Basya, LRB, Beth, Dave, & April!  Morning, Dailies!!!

As expected, I'm a bit sore today from yesterday's run. What's unusual is that my quads are a bit sore, and they usually don't hurt after a hard run. I think I know why though - had to use the Port-o-let yesterday for something beyond just peeing. Let's just say that 1 - I didn't let my relatively clean backside touch that skanky seat, and 2 - I do NOT envy the ladies that have to use these things. The "hover" method isn't as easy as it might sound.

Also, the TP they supply has got to set a record for thinness - I used about 5000 linear yards of the stuff!

Yeah, I know, too much information. Let it serve as a warning - take care of business AT HOME if possible.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh yeah - as for running, I think I'll sneak out for about 4 easy miles this morning. I'm not in a hurry to do anything today, but I think some slow jogging will loosen up the muscles a bit.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Morning peeps! 5k this morning, this is the first 5k I ever did last year (happy racing anniversary to me?). I've got my virtual pacer set up for PR pace, I want to try at least.  It's a small race with 5 year award groups, so who knows. Good luck to all you other racers today!

B-Plus

Good morning Dailies! I was so pissed at the alarm when it went off this morning.

Baboon - Have a great day!

kristin - Good luck with the 5k.

Basya - You're really moving up with your push-ups.

LRB, BS, and Dave - Enjoy your long runs.

April - Pass the coffee pot!

Tom - We'll just call you hovercraft from now on.

lilac - Good luck with the race. But that watch is going to be annoying if you look at it every time it beeps when you're ahead or behind.

I'm heading out to a little 10k in a bit. But I'm not racing it. Just there for the event. I guess I could have raced it in place of yesterday's speed work. Oh well. I'll still try to report back.

Have a great day everybody.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  No internet again, grrrr, so I will be brief.

2-5 miles tonight once the sun goes down because I look like a lobster and don't want to make it worse.

kristin, good luck!

Tom, LOL.  You could have tried the put as much paper as you can at the top of the seat to go.  Great job on your 15K.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Morning!  No internet again, grrrr, so I will be brief.

2-5 miles tonight once the sun goes down because I look like a lobster and don't want to make it worse.

kristin, good luck!

Tom, LOL.  You could have tried the put as much paper as you can at the top of the seat to go.  Great job on your 15K.

Then we would call you the Nester.

outoftheblue

SRD for me.  It's a beautiful 80 degree and clear day, but DH are going to be stuck in the garage, cleaning it from top to bottom, as we've discovered we have some unwelcome guests (mice) settling in.  They are making a mess of things.  Damaris, I wish I could borrow your cats for a couple of days.

Lilac and Kristin -- Good luck with your 5Ks today!

Life is good.