Beginners and Beyond

WTH are the Mondailies? (Read 61 times)

happylily

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

What's going on? Have I missed them?

Still on vacation in Toronto. Cycling and lifting a little later. Hope you're all having a great summer!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  You have not missed them.  We're lazy this morning.

5 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Where am I? At work, dying, because I drank too much at the wedding last night. Thankfully, a SRD.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Must have been all the great racing this weekend, the Dailies are asleep!  Woke up this morning to Dog #2 puking.   yay.

Groin injury feels better.   It comes on as fast as it goes away, it seems.  Yesterday I could barely walk when I stood up from sitting for any length of time - today, I am up and moving OK.     Icing, rolling, resting on the docket today.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Heatwave this week. Weather guy said it's going to be the worst week of the year, or something. High temps are in the mid 90's all week so the heat index will be in the 100's. FML. I'm going to be doing a lot of doubles this week, starting with today... 4 on the TM at lunch and then 4 after work. Whether that 4 is outside or on the TM again is TBD depending on how it feels after work. I brought two gym outfits just in case.

Hip Redux

Morning!

Heatwave this week. Weather guy said it's going to be the worst week of the year, or something. High temps are in the mid 90's all week so the heat index will be in the 100's. FML. I'm going to be doing a lot of doubles this week, starting with today... 4 on the TM at lunch and then 4 after work. Whether that 4 is outside or on the TM again is TBD depending on how it feels after work. I brought two gym outfits just in case.

We're getting that same weather here.   This summer has been rough.  Hot, rain, hot, rain rain rain, hot hot hot.    Angry

Docket_Rocket

Better than to find poo atop your bed!

Hershey has constipation (AGAIN) so I've been finding poo in different places.  He looks like SURPRISE!!!!

Must have been all the great racing this weekend, the Dailies are asleep!  Woke up this morning to Dog #2 puking.   yay.

Groin injury feels better.   It comes on as fast as it goes away, it seems.  Yesterday I could barely walk when I stood up from sitting for any length of time - today, I am up and moving OK.     Icing, rolling, resting on the docket today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Better than to find poo atop your bed!

Hershey has constipation (AGAIN) so I've been finding poo in different places.  He looks like SURPRISE!!!!

Yep, you win. lol

It's a good thing they are cute!

Docket_Rocket

Hershey is super cute.  Then he looks at me like this:

And all is forgiven.  You can also see that he has no brain in there just by looking at him.

Yep, you win. lol

It's a good thing they are cute!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Morning all! Slept in till 7 so decided it would already be too hot to run. So didn't. RD.

Last day of vacation, visiting my parents. Seemed like we were avoiding any family drama, but then it all hit last night. So that was fun. Heading out later this morning, not a moment too soon (actually about 24 hours too late).

Have a great day everyone, stay cool.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Easy day for me today.  I'm very excited about that as these legs need it.  I'll probably do 5 miles with the running group, and maybe 3 more before just to keep the miles up.

Boy do your posts make me glad I don't have animals.  I'm just not a poop person.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

I'm here! 8 miles later

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 today. Now to the dentist.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

I met a gaggle of women (similar to a binder full of women) that decided to start running parallel to me on the same street around the 1.5 mile of my 4 mile pace run. Of course I couldn't be the creepy guy to run beside them or behind them, so I ran a 7:30 half mile against their 9:30 and got far enough in front of them. Of course our routes intercepted again and I had to give them that uncomfortable "hey, I've seen you before" knowing glance. Anyways, 4 mile pace run down a little faster than it was supposed to be.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew