Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : I Finally Got My Long Awaited Raise At Work, And... (Read 96 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

They could've kept that damn thing.

LOL, Rick!

Good morning, everyone!

In about two hours, I'll head out the door for 10.0. Weights, abs, and push-ups are also planned for today.

Weezer88

Morning Basya!  Morning Rick!

Hey at least you've gotten one - I don't think I've had one since 2008.

Well, drinking coffee right now and waiting to go outside to get a few recovery miles in - distance: TBD. The 17 from yesterday didn't take as much out of me as I thought they would.

Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Holy potatoes - 8 pages of posts yesterday, I can't sift thru all that! Hope with all the posting some running actually got done LOL!

As for me - yesterday I did 2 hours on the bike trainer. I had enough things within arms reach to keep me occupied so boredom was minimal. Afterwards as a reward/recovery snack, the wife and I headed out for some gourmet ice cream. I had Expresso Bean and Cinnamon Bourbon. Next we hit a couple of wineries for some wine tasting and then we hit the Mercedes dealer to test drive the new 2013's. Ok- just kidding about the Mercedes test drives !

Have my long run of 1 mile on tap for some time today then next week starts the Higdon 5k novice plan! After getting feedback on the Penguin thread it was suggested to use a training plan to basically "hold me back". Higdon was brought up and I think it will work quite nicely!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

LRB, LOL.

10 with my RP in a bit. She hasn't run 10 since November, but we ran 9 together the past 2 Sundays so I'm sure she'll be fine.

delicate flower

'Morning!  My annual raise was pretty much just enough to cover the "increase" in Social Security tax.  Speaking of work, I am up early doing some now.  DW and I are going to spin later, then it's football playoffs in the afternoon.  HOORAY!

You kids have a great Sunday!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - They doubled my pay this year. Of course, 2x0 still = 0.
                  Weezer - Enjoy the recovery miles.

Basya - You think my schedule is heavy, have you looked at your own? You put in some serious miles + cross-training.
                  Baboon - Have a good day.

Gustav - Both of those ice cream flavors sound divine! And I want to go test drive cars - we're going to need to replace my 2000 Chrysler LHS one of these days, but I don't know what I want yet.
                  April - Have fun with your RP. Friends make the miles go by faster.

SRD for me, but probably some time on the stationary bike and core work, since DS will likely want to go to the Y after church and Sunday school. I have a bit of pain on the outside of my right foot, but not sure why. Hopefully it just needs another rest day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

LRB, you are too cute!!

Shari, take care of that foot!!

Baboon, you are totally worth it!LOL

Baysa, enjoy your weights and the run, you too Weezer

Gustav, do you have a TV when you are on the stationary? I keep my bike trainer and treadmill in the

basement and I would go nuts without the TV to watch! Good job on the 2 hours!

April, enjoy running with your friend.

Run of undetermined distance today. Will depend on the weather and the road conditions. Snowed quite

a bit yesterday and they haven't been plowed yet and then its turning to rain. But at least it's a nice warm

35F!!

It will be at least 12 miles.

For those who saw my mention of our fall trip......here are the tentative plans, we have an organizing meeting

next Sunday, if we get 20 people it will go ahead as planned.........we have 10 confirmed with a deposit already

so it's looking good!!

We celebrated my 50th bday with a return trip to Bermuda (where we honeymooned IN 1984) and ran the

Bermuda Marathon Challenge (which Lily is finishing up today with her full marathon,,,,,,,good luck Lily!!!)

So we are doing to celebrate hubby's 50th birthday with 10 days in Ireland (where we have both always wanted

to go)  including  a marathon,  with 25+ running friends/spouses from home (including one of my best marathoner

friends and her man) guided by our marathon friend who operators a tour business and is a native  of Ireland!!

Do you think I"m EXCITED!!!!!!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

@runjerseygirl

3 miles in the new shoes!  Foot feels great!  It was a little tender when I started out, but I didn't feel anything about halfway through.  YAY!!!!!

Splits:

10:11

9:54

9:23

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 recovery miles tonight.

LRB, sorry that the raise was not big enough.  I got mine this year too and was finally put at the level that other attorneys are.  About damn time.

Basya, enjoy your 10.

David, hope your recovery miles go well.

Gustav, nice workout on the trainer.

April, enjoy your 10 with the RP.

Baboon, enjoy your Sunday!

Beth,  enjoy your run of undetermined distance.

Shari, enjoy the rest day.

Kay, what shoes did you get again?

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

I got a raise too - under the heading of "witholding". Smile

SRD for me. Quiet day at work so far, but I think it's going to get busy  as the day carries on. Got a project that I should be working on, but I'm taking a break for a few.

Have a good one, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

D, I got the Brooks Ghost 5.  I just went to the Brooks site and found them in pink.  PINK!  I can't believe I didn't realize they came in pink!  Oh well.  Smile

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

12 and some change on tap today!  -11 degrees, when it was 43 yesterday!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yesterday I did the Salute To Service Members 5K, my 6th race of 2013.  Report and photos link is on the main page somewhere.

Today I am being lazy till Gail comes home from church.  Slept in this morning, lounging around now.   Gail and I will go to a local park after she gets home, will get in a few easy miles.  Weather will be beautiful today, sunny and near 70.

LOL, Rick.  Sorry about that raise.  Actually, I did get a raise at work, plus a pretty nice bonus.  Might get some new running shoes..I only have 6 pairs in my rotation now. Wink

Nice workout, Gustav, and nice rewards after!  Good luck with your upcoming Higdon training plan.

Happy spinning to you and DW, Baboon.  As for playoffs...I'm hoping Baltimore and San Francisco are the winners.  Can't stand either the Patriots or the Falcons.

Sorry about the foot pain, Step, hope that is just some minimal tendonitis or something easy that resolves quickly.

Ireland, very nice, Just B.S.!   Beautiful country.  Does rain over there quite a bit, though, so be prepared to maybe get wet at times.

Hooray for new shoes, Kay!  Glad they feel great for you!

Good luck with your recovery run, Damaris.

Tom, quit procrastinating and finish that project!  Wink

Basya, hope your weight training went well!

Dave and April, hope your runs went well!

-11 degrees!  And you are going to run 12 in that weather, RM23B?  Shocked  Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt