Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : I Finally Got My Long Awaited Raise At Work, And... (Read 96 times)

Weezer, I hope that your recovery run went well.

Gustav, excellent workouts yesterday. I hope that you enjoy your mile. it's hood to read that you're running again.

Baboon, have fun spinning with DW. That you're able to share working out with her is sweet.

Shari, have a great time with your workout and spending time with DS.

Just B.S., enjoy your run, however long it is. What an exciting trip you ha planned!

Damaris, enjoy your five-miler.

Tom, have a relaxing SRD.

Heidi, ouch, I hope that you'll be OK in such cold weather.

Kay, I'm happy that you were able to run pain-free. Amazing splits!

AprilRunner, great run with the RP. How cool that you were noticed by a speed detectorSmile

Luke, I hope that the SRD refreshes your quads.

Shirfan, good luck running your first 10K!

rkymtnanna, enjoy the five miles in beautiful weather.

Zelanie, I wish that I were able to advise you. I just hope that you feel better soon.

I ran 10.0 miles in 1:45:11. 10:31 pace. About a third of the run was against a wind that sorely tempted me to walk through it. I'm pleased. I resisted the temptation to walk. Again, I comfortably did my long run more quickly than the 10:40-11:10 pace recommended by my plan. I didn't fuel during this LR; I just sipped from my Camelbak every 2.0 miles. I'm happy that my body is becoming accustomed to less fuel during long runsSmile

LRB

I went out in 30 MPH winds with a wind chill of 4 and ran 6 of the coldest, miserablest (new word) miles I have ever run!

It was colder than  frozen banana pudding out there!

The only reason I lasted 6 miles is that's how far the loop is to get back to your car, which I promptly jumped into, and drove to work and finished my long run there!

6 in 53:48 outside

4 in 35:37 on the treadmill

For 10 of the most unconventional miles I will probably ever run, which either makes me dedicated, or dumb.

Rick, great job averaging a sub-9:00 pace for all ten miles!

runmomto3boys

Jay: Good luck in the 10K!!  I can't wait to hear how you do!

13 ridiculously cold, windy miles in at 8:57 pace.  So glad that's done.  I'm going to ease up on the mileage a hair this upcoming week - give myself a little break.

5 very easy miles done.    

You can call me Anna

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...Today was a fartlek day, 9.75 miles total, with 4x5min (6:09, 6:07, 6:06, 6:03 pace).  Being that I'm not a math major, I accidentally did 6 minutes instead of 5 for the 3rd interval, but no big deal.  I was debating whether to just run today easily or do the fartlek, but I'm really happy I made the choice I did because I felt great the whole run.  Tomorrow's run will be at recovery pace though, for safety's sake.  I got in 84 miles for the week, which I think may actually be a mileage PR for me.

Shirfan...Hope you have a great race!  Can't wait to see your results.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

notimeforthat

Scrubbed baseboards, walls for 4 hours this a.m.

If you ever wonder how much fun it is to do heavy cleaning on 3000 sq ft. It sucks.

HOWEVER, now I can start to touch up trim paint and focus on moving our little used stuff into storage over the next couple of weeks. We still need to mulch but with the snow, that won't be happening soon, carpet cleaners need to show up and then we can list the house.

Balls, I hate scrubbing. I also dropped the shower door on my right big toe when I was pulling it out to get it sparkling clean. That hurt like a mofo. I have a bruise but I can still move it.

Off to ride 2 hours indoors while hubby rides outside, and then I run after that. Damn. I think I may have earned a cheeseburger.

8 miles in the freezing friggin cold. Man that was pretty sucktastic. At least I had my camo hunting gloves mitten thingies that allow you to expose your fingers without taking the glove off.  Kept exposing and covering my fingers depending on the crazy cross/head wind I was getting.

LRB

8 miles in the freezing friggin cold. Man that was pretty sucktastic. At least I had my camo hunting gloves mitten thingies that allow you to expose your fingers without taking the glove off.  Kept exposing and covering my fingers depending on the crazy cross/head wind I was getting.

I ran at Stoney Creek, you know, where the wind was whippin' right off the lake I was running around?  One word for that; bad fuckin idea lol!

I ran at Stoney Creek, you know, where the wind was whippin' right off the lake I was running around?  One word for that; bad fuckin idea lol!

Stoney creek? Holy exposure!  Tough good run that was. Way to get it. Now don't do that again.

LRB

Stoney creek? Holy exposure!  Tough good run that was. Way to get it. Now don't do that again.

Never!  That was completely stupid but you know what?  There were stupid runners everywhere!

@runjerseygirl

Never!  That was completely stupid but you know what?  There were stupid runners everywhere!

This made me laugh out loud! Big grin

Do you even run?

12.1 miles at 9:02 pace (although I wonder if my Garmin was getting glitchy, that route is usually closer to 12.4).

Echoing some of the others' comments about the ridiculousness of the cold. When my wife commented this morning about how cold it was, I said "I guess it's going to be a chilly run today". She just looked at me and said "You are a dumbass".

Turns out she is right (as usual). Waited till 11:00 when it had warmed up to 18 degF, but with a lovely 27mph breeze making the wind chill -1 degF. Added some extra layers, including double compression shorts to, ahem, protect my business interests. Of course none of that helps the freezing eyeballs effect when running into the wind. And I suppose it was really pretty manageable most of the time (I see plenty of postings by people running in a whole lot worse), but started to feel very cold the last 1-2 miles. I assume it was the chilling effect of the wet base layers; at some point all the wicking in the world is not going to help you.

Thought I would make a goal to join the "more miles than degrees" club at some point this winter, but maybe a stupid idea. I'm sure I will try it anyway.

Dave

LRB

Splits:

10:11

9:54

9:23

Well, well, well, lookie here.  Had you ran 6 miles, you would have finished with a near 7:00 last mile.  Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

That's one thing I love about this community. We all "get" our insanity.