Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Superfreaks (Read 65 times)

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! emo-yes

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone!

I've done my push-ups and ab work. I'm on my way to the gym to do weight training and cardio.

Good morning Basya.

I will do an upper body workout tonight then 3 miles. We're suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow today, so there be a little bit of shoveling later as well.

have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

flarunner

Mornin' Kiddos!

6 miles this morning in some more "frigid" temps. It felt great!

Have a great day, y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 11 miles tonight.

Basya, nice workout already.  Enjoy the gym.

Sparker, hope you get your run in (and your strength training).

flarunner, nice weather, eh?  Too bad it will be close to 80F here by tonight.  I loved it while it lasted!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

12 miles with intervals after work.

My cold isn't completely gone. I'm a little tired... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Happy Tuesday!  I am back to work this morning at my usual 6:45ish time.  I can't say I'm really excited about that.  I still have to work shortened days through the end of this week though.  I have a PT appointment today.  I'm hoping they let me get rid of this brace, though I am still limping without it.  I can't tell if I limp because I have it on so much.  My leg really hasn't had much of a chance to work on its own. 

Yesterday was more gym.  Upper body, 30 minutes on the recumbent, and some PT.  I sound like a broken record.  I tell ya though, having not worked upper body for six weeks and then doing it the last three days, my upper body feels like it was hit by a truck today.

Have a great Tuesday!

<3

LRB

Supp Crew!

Today marks my fourth straight Tuesday off from work and I must say it has been a blast!  Once again I will be heading to the track for speed play and yes I did drive by there last night and amazingly, the entire field and track was clear.

I guess there must be some kind of heat effect from the sun because there were 4 inches of hard snow all the way across that thing just a day before.

Scott, enjoy your strength training and your run.

flarunner, excellent job having run six miles already.

Damaris, enjoy your eleven-miler tonight.

Lily, I hope that your twelve miles with intervals go well. Feel better soon.

Phil, good luck with PT.

Rick, have a great time at the track. How cool that you have a day off during the standard workweek to run at your leisure!

Weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done.

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Good morning! Thanks for getting us started today and I hope you had a fabulous workout at the gym this morning.

Sparker1606- Hey if you need any more snow for the cross-training I would be more than willing to share with you today. We're supposed to get another 8 with gusting winds thrown in just for fun. Enjoy your 3 miles today.

flarunner- Good job on the 6 miles in ... ahem, frigid ... temps.

Docket_Rocket- Have a good 11 miler this evening.

happylily- Enjoy your 12 + intervals after work tonight.

Baboon- Keep on keepin' on. Before you know it you'll be back out on the road again!

LRB- Enjoy your track time today - and a wise move to have learned to do the drive-by ahead of time.

Well, today I have double recovery runs scheduled. The problem was that I couldn't fall asleep last night and only ended up with about 3-4 hours of sleep. So, I headed to the office and got some work done before hitting the treadmill at 4AM. I definitely felt the lack of sleep in my 6 miles this morning on the TM... legs just felt heavy and sluggish throughout the whole run. I'll do another 4 miles this afternoon before driving home in the snowstorm. (They're calling for up to 8 more inches today with nice blowing winds to make driving fun)

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

2 miles, 11:45 pace. 34 degrees “feels like” 25….I’m sooo ready for warmer weather!!! The name of the game this week is easy and consistent. I want to get in all my miles. I’ve had to skip one run per week for the last 2 weeks, and cut another short…. and I think it’s because I’ve been doing a little too much. So all my runs this week will be flat, flat, flat NO hills….nothing resembling speedwork of any kind….just easy miles and hopefully that will make my IT band happy and it won’t get cranky on me and make me skip or cut short runs! PT tonight. OH and one week on Weight Watchers....3 pounds down!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Coffee is so good, hallelujah!

BruceD555

Coffee is so good, hallelujah!

Understatement of the year right there ^

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

One cup of coffee down, the rest of the pot to go! Smile

5.2 miles @ 7:50/mile, had to hold back the entire run, it's really hard to slow down when it's cold!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BruceD555, I hope that your second run today feels better.

kristin10185, brava keeping it consistent. As congratulations on your weight loss!

Rick, every time I passed a man sitting and sipping Turkish coffee outside a cafe in Jerusalem, I thought of you.