Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Superfreaks (Read 65 times)

Ball of Fury

Morning dailies!  I had quite a rough night at work so have now pretty much been up since 3:45 AM yesterday, with a good 6 hours still do go...yuck!  I am supposed to have my last speed workout of my Hanson plan today (4 x 1200 @ goal 5K pace), but not sure that is a good idea in my exhausted state.  I may push it to tomorrow or I may have to skip it altogether (which I don't really want to do) since I have the 10K Saturday!  I think my legs can recover enough to PR the 10K in 2 days but not sure....thoughts?  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Mmmmm...beer

Anyone run in Fastwitch 5s?  Just ordered a pair, $42 on clearance with a coupon. Big grin  I'll take them out for a few runs and if they work out then I'll use them in my half, if not then I'll stick with the Kinvaras.

They're definitely high vis, first really bright shoes I've bought:

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morning everyone!

One cup of coffee down, the rest of the pot to go! Smile

--Bingo!  Same here with the coffee. :-)

--I am trying to figure out how the hell to taper for the upcoming Shamrock Marathon!   -- Running 40-50 mile weeks was easy... Slowing it down now?  Not so easy.  I suppose my question is:  Any idea how many long runs I should do in the timeframe of today (12 days out from the race) until about 5 days out from the race?

--I'll be doing only easy 2-milers in the 4 of 5 days before the race, I want to be fully rested.   But it is the time period of 12 days out to 5 days out where I am not sure what my max distance should be on a long run. (Maybe 10 miles?)  --  Looks like the weather where I am at will keep the miles low for the next few days at least, lots of wind and rain.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! 8.2m w/3m@goalHMP-10sec this am. Splits of 7:13, 7;14, and 7;07. Ready to go for Saturday unless this damn snowstorm coming impacts race in some way, but think it won't be as bad as everyone saying. Should melt by Sat. RD tomorrow.

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

LRB

D2, that's a nice looking boot!

Basya, I don't know which i love most about Turkish coffee; the coffee itself or the little cool cup it comes in!

Ami, that's a tough call.  Ideally, you would like three easy days before a race..but it sounds like it's not ideal.  See how you feel later and if you're up to it, try it.  If not, there are worse things than speed work three days out from a goal race.

Supp, Spark, Real Deal, lily, Boon, Bruce, Kris (I'll stop using the #'s until the other one returns), and KLD!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yeah anyone know where the other Kristin is? I know she also had ITB issues....is she ok?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

yeah anyone know where the other Kristin is? I know she also had ITB issues....is she ok?

I am pretty sure her last post indicated she had her hands full with life stuff, and would be back when things settled.

I am gearing up for my run, it looks gorgeous out!  If it were only 10 degrees warmer, I could ditch my jacket and pants.  Soon my friends, soon.

Docket_Rocket

Sleep will do that to you.  I used to do the 4/6 instead of the 6/4 recovery runs because mornings are so bad for me.  Hope tonight's run goes better.

BasyaSpiliakos- Good morning! Thanks for getting us started today and I hope you had a fabulous workout at the gym this morning.

Sparker1606- Hey if you need any more snow for the cross-training I would be more than willing to share with you today. We're supposed to get another 8 with gusting winds thrown in just for fun. Enjoy your 3 miles today.

flarunner- Good job on the 6 miles in ... ahem, frigid ... temps.

Docket_Rocket- Have a good 11 miler this evening.

happylily- Enjoy your 12 + intervals after work tonight.

Baboon- Keep on keepin' on. Before you know it you'll be back out on the road again!

LRB- Enjoy your track time today - and a wise move to have learned to do the drive-by ahead of time.

Well, today I have double recovery runs scheduled. The problem was that I couldn't fall asleep last night and only ended up with about 3-4 hours of sleep. So, I headed to the office and got some work done before hitting the treadmill at 4AM. I definitely felt the lack of sleep in my 6 miles this morning on the TM... legs just felt heavy and sluggish throughout the whole run. I'll do another 4 miles this afternoon before driving home in the snowstorm. (They're calling for up to 8 more inches today with nice blowing winds to make driving fun)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hey Dailies!

Did a 4 mile tempo run yesterday - it was the first real speed work I've done since my come back and it felt great! Have 4 easy on tap for after work.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

BruceD555

Sleep will do that to you.  I used to do the 4/6 instead of the 6/4 recovery runs because mornings are so bad for me.  Hope tonight's run goes better.

I almost made that choice that when I hit the 4 mile mark ... but then the hard-headed guy in me said just get it done and just run 2 measly miles more ya' big baby. I agree with you because I'm much better as an afternoon/evening runner. However, as I near race day I intentionally force myself to move runs (especially my LR) to the morning to be prepared for the AM start.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mmmmm...beer

--Bingo!  Same here with the coffee. :-)

--I am trying to figure out how the hell to taper for the upcoming Shamrock Marathon!   -- Running 40-50 mile weeks was easy... Slowing it down now?  Not so easy.  I suppose my question is:  Any idea how many long runs I should do in the timeframe of today (12 days out from the race) until about 5 days out from the race?

--I'll be doing only easy 2-milers in the 4 of 5 days before the race, I want to be fully rested.   But it is the time period of 12 days out to 5 days out where I am not sure what my max distance should be on a long run. (Maybe 10 miles?)  --  Looks like the weather where I am at will keep the miles low for the next few days at least, lots of wind and rain.

Here's the taper plan I put together for the half, after reading a bunch of stuff (I do so much searching and reading on running I can't remember where any of it comes from now lol).

Last long run two weeks prior to the race (my last long run was this past Sat)

2nd week prior to race, run my normal distances, but nothing fast

Week prior to race, reduce distance and still nothing fast (see my log for how I tapered my distance prior to the 20k, I'll do the same next week before the half, well except for the long run that was only 5 days prior lol)

Two days prior to race, either full rest, or a short easy run

Day prior to race, 2-3 miles w/strides

I only kind of tapered the week of the 20k and still had a good showing, so I figure with a full 2 week taper I should be plenty strong for the half.  I don't think any long runs in the next 12 days are going to help your marathon effort, your fitness is what it is at this point, so I would take it easy and save the energy for the race.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Tonight I have a 9 miler scheduled with 5 x 1200.  On paper the paces don't look too terrible, hope that it turns out to be that way in reality, too.  Looks like it will be a wet run too, but we've been spoiled with some great weather the past few days so I suppose it is about time.

Kristin- Congrats on the weight loss and on completing your first week on the program!

Phil- Sounds like your rehab is coming along so well!

D2- Nice shoes!  Nice price!  Hope you love them.

alexis_run_nky

Good morning DAILIES!

So I know I have been MIA for a while with this stress fracture and things still aren't looking good.  I've been going to PT for 4 weeks and the pain in my shin has returned and it actually hurts when it is pressed on.  So I have an MRI scheduled for this week and a follow up with the doctor to see if it is a stress fracture (again) or if it is a ligament or something (I think that is what he said).  Anyways my hopes of doing the half marathon in early May are completely gone and I will have to be patient and wait and see how long this recovery is going to take.

I hope everyone has a great day!

--Alexis

Docket_Rocket

Hope you heal soon!

Good morning DAILIES!

So I know I have been MIA for a while with this stress fracture and things still aren't looking good.  I've been going to PT for 4 weeks and the pain in my shin has returned and it actually hurts when it is pressed on.  So I have an MRI scheduled for this week and a follow up with the doctor to see if it is a stress fracture (again) or if it is a ligament or something (I think that is what he said).  Anyways my hopes of doing the half marathon in early May are completely gone and I will have to be patient and wait and see how long this recovery is going to take.

I hope everyone has a great day!

--Alexis

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Alexis- Sorry to hear that you're still dealing with this!  Hope that things take a turn for the better soon.