Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Eat well, rest often and run your ass off (Read 39 times)

LRB

Welp, I got the first one down!

'Sup peeps!

I will be heading out into 5 degree weather here shortly to drive to the gym for some easy miles.  Well, it is 5 degrees now, it is supposed to continue to drop until 7:00 or 8:00 am so who knows where it will end.

No matter, at this point in the season I am numb to all the cold weather.  Bawahahaha.

See ya! 

Just B.S.

Hubby is currently trying to figure out how to get our van down the driveway without getting

stuck.  Everything is covered in approx 3 inches of freezing rain right now. It started at 10pm

and is still going strong.

I looked at my marathon/ Half Iron schedule last night. Out of the last 46 days I have had  8 non exercise

days. 3 of those were due to illness. In those 38 exercise days I have completed (with swim/bike/run) 63

separate workouts and almost 20 treadmill runs (God help me).

Obviously with this newest onslaught tonight's 7 miles along with 90 minutes bike will be indoors.

See ya R!  

delicate flower

Hello and good morning!  Welcome to Thursday, good lookin'.

Good TM speed workout last night.  Half mile intervals ranging from 6:45 to 6:05 pace.  8 miles total at 7:22 avg pace.  I am feeling strong.  More treadmill tonight due to today's craptastic weather.  That's ok though...I'd rather the crap weather now and have the good weekend weather that's being predicted.

The big news today is that I have a haircut appointment after work.  I need it!

<3

Update from LRB's weather report above: 1F, -12F windchill. And supposed to go down another couple degrees by 8:00. Because, you know, we thought it was a good idea to move the clocks ahead, and it will still be dark until then.

9 miles on the you-know-what, with 5 at tempo. The later it gets in the week, the tougher the early mornings get for me, as the sleep deficit builds. TGIF tomorrow.

Dave

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your TM run.

Beth, have fun running ad swimming.

Phil, have fun on the TM.

DaveP MI, have a nice nine miler.

Yesterday, another child was retrieved late, so, no run, but I did do ab work and push-ups. I'm fasting until 7:31 tonight, so SRD.

happylily

Good morning!

The schools around here are closed for the FIRST time this winter. My son finally has his wish granted. If I'm lucky, no kid will come to daycare today and I will have a nice paid day off. But it probably won't happen. People around here have no problem driving in the worst conditions ever. We're fools like that.

7 at recovery tonight, or, if I have no work, maybe I'll do Friday's workout instead, which is one easy run of 11 miles, plus later a second run of 4 miles at recovery. Don't ask me, it's Pfitz' idea of a recovery week... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For me it will be beautiful weather!   Sunny today in San Antonio, low humidity, 64 degrees.  Good day for a run after work!  I will be heading to one of the local YMCAs or Fort Sam Houston or Lackland Air Force Base to get in about 4 miles or so in the bright sunshine.

Must be nice to be inured to cold, LRB!  I find as I get older I feel it more!  So thank goodness I don't have to deal with much of it where I live.

Enjoy your indoor workout, Beth.  Hope your DH had success with the van.

Happy haircut, Baboon!  Sorry about the craptastic weather, hope it does behave for you for the weekend.

Well, Dave, since I am an after-work runner I prefer this time of year since it stays lighter longer into the PM.   Hope the weather improves soon for you and LRB!

A safe Ta'anit Esther for you, Basya, and Purim too!

Wow, schools closed in Canada during winter there...that must be SOME darn storm for you there, Lily, if the winter-hardy Canadians are even staying home!   Good luck with your miles later!   Oh, and per your post in the dailies yesterday, Lily...please feel free to PM me, I will be glad to let you know about the local areas.  And if you have some time to do it, come down and visit and I will give you and DH the personal tour of the city so you can see the neighborhoods for yourselves.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles done before working from home.  Massage therapist tonight.

I have not run 7 in 2 months and nothing above 5 since then.  It will take a while before 7 feels like my shortest run of the week like they used to but overall, I am happy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

We did thanks Scotty, except first he had to chop out the 3-4 inches of ice

from the bottom of the garage door where it had frozen into the ice/snow mix over night.

The wind was driving the ice pellets up against the door and everything settled at the bottom.

The rubber thing on the bottom is all torn off now so we have to stop on the way home and

buy a new one and try to put it on tonight. Otherwise little woodland creatures try to take up residence

in the garage.

Oh the joys of cold climate living Smile

Enjoy your indoor workout, Beth.  Hope your DH had success with the van.

StepbyStep-SH

Beth, LRB, Dave & Lily - Sorry that winter is still holding on tight there. None of it sounds pleasant.

We actually are seeing temps into the 40s today and sunshine. I may do my run outside, even though I also have a strength training class. It will give me a chance to see how much ice is refreezing on the roads and sidewalks as the snow melts. Tomorrow's plan is 18 miles with some at HM pace, and I'll need clear streets to attempt that.

Tonight we have parent-teacher conferences, then I help out at the school's book fair. The trick is convincing DS (and myself) that we need to stick to a budget and not buy every book we like.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It's pretty nice here: 28 degrees and we're heading toward 50. Rick's title is pretty accurate for me. I'm definitely feeling worn, now that I'm about half way through training. I probably need more sleep and I need to eat good food.

9 miles on the TM this morning at an Easy pace. Looking forward to the warmer temps and the pavement pounding.

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Good news. I ran 20 minutes on the track yesterday with virtually no soreness! I could not believe it. Yes, my legs are a bit tired after the marathon, but they were not sore! I ran 2.2 miles at a 9:00 pace and it felt fine. That's a pretty good recovery. I told older DD about it and she said, in the way only a 17 year old could, "Well, you're a runner, what do you expect?" Ironically, I still have a bit of a problem standing up from a chair and getting out of the car.  Today I hope to do 25-30 minutes and will hope for the same results.

Have a good day, Dailies.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Dailies.

Good news. I ran 20 minutes on the track yesterday with virtually no soreness! I could not believe it. Yes, my legs are a bit tired after the marathon, but they were not sore! I ran 2.2 miles at a 9:00 pace and it felt fine. That's a pretty good recovery. I told older DD about it and she said, in the way only a 17 year old could, "Well, you're a runner, what do you expect?" Ironically, I still have a bit of a problem standing up from a chair and getting out of the car.  Today I hope to do 25-30 minutes and will hope for the same results.

Have a good day, Dailies.

Now that's a quick recovery Jack!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I have a 3 miler planned this afternoon, just going to take it easy and quick.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2.  Nice run with my normal easy pace.  Some cold wind gusts but overall not to bad.

Made an appointment to get some ART done for my leg since I cannot regain the range of motion in it.  He really helped me 3 years ago when I had bad hamstring pain after a marathon so I know it will be 3 or 4 treatments and I should be good to go.  So looking forward to it, even if it hurts beyond words when he is breaking up all the scar tissue.

Marjorie