Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins like friendly competition! (Read 191 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks for getting it started Gustav!!

I'm getting ready for my race. I'm such a Nervous Nelly on race mornings. I was mentally prepared for it to POUR all throughout the race, but now they're saying rain won't come til after. Here's to hoping!

Any other Penguins racing today, or did everyone do it yesterday? Congrats again to Zelanie and awood on an exciting and very close virtual race! I imagine if you were racing the same race you'd have been sprinting neck and neck with each other for the finish!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I really like the A-Z duel. Hopefully when I can run again I'll be able to participate! It was fun reading your Race Reports and congrats on the PR's!

AFM-yesterday was weight machine day - I'd really rather be out running. Oh yeah, the party was a success on Friday night!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good luck today Kristin!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Gustav, thanks for the start. Hey, I guess I missed it, are you injured?

Kristin, good luck.

Zelanie, did you do a RR yet?

AFM, I didn't post much more yesterday. After I got up, DW and I went out for some Xmas shopping, by the time we got home, it was around 7:30 pm, so I went out and did the 10 miles I had planned. It ended up being 10.1 at 9:40 pace. I did read everything, just figured it was so late, nobody would see my post.

I'll have to go back to look on yesterday's thread, but it looks like Jack and myself match up, and Traci and Jerry match up for a virtual race. I think the HM's in April is a strong motivator too. It will be nice to follow everyone's training. I have a HM in February that I'm using as my goal, and another in April

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning everyone! 

Kristin - good luck!

Mitch - way to go getting that run in that late!

I have a busy day today, Xmas party in the midday which is a pain in terms of running so I'm not sure whether I'll get that run in.  Maybe late tonight if I can stay awake.  We'll see...Ive decided not to stress about this stuff until the New Year then it's training for spring HM. 

Have a great day, all!!

Liz

hog4life

Liz, which half do you plan on doing?
                  Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Atlantic City Half Marathon!  April 7.    I've also signed up for Philly RnR in September and then for sure I'll repeat the Philly Half Marathon.  THEN I may think about training for a full!! eek!  I'd just like to complete one in my lifetime....

hog4life

I need a good September destination race do my anniversary, hmm. Oh, and Tomas, your tattoo sleeve idea cracked me up, I thought fo a brief second, now how do I get my arms to him, lol. Mine are only half sleeved though.
                      Bin Running

Finally got my LR in. Ran 11M this morning with good weather. Had a staycation as father-in-law had some free stay voucher. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I need a good September destination race do my anniversary, hmm. Oh, and Tomas, your tattoo sleeve idea cracked me up, I thought fo a brief second, now how do I get my arms to him, lol. Mine are only half sleeved though.

PHILLY!!!!!!!   Big grinBig grin

Although we certainly hear enough bad things about RnR (Sept).  The Philly Half Marathon (November) is AWESOME!!!

Zelanie

Good morning!  Heading out very soon to do the big family Christmas shopping trip with DH, DD, BIL, SIL, MIL, and FIL.  Should be a fun time!

I'm glad I didn't take any extra RDs last week, because it will be hard to get all my miles in with the schedule I have this week.  Yikes!  I guess I will do what I can!

Jack- I didn't get a chance to say congratulations yesterday. I hope you check in today!

And as far as friendly competition goes, we do have quite a few HMs coming up in the spring! Smile

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Wait, did Jack do something fabulous?  need to go see...

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Cleaning first, then running, distance unknown, at least 8, less than 20, how's that? Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!