Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins like friendly competition! (Read 191 times)

hog4life

Dave, I predict 19.9, lol.
    Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles done, including my 5 mile race.  RR posted.

Good luck to Kristin.

I'm hungry.  I'll be back with a snack.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to pop in and say hi.  I've been lurking on RA for about a week and figured now is as good as time as any to come out of my shell.  The penguin thread seems like a good place to start so here I am.   Big grin      

Don't believe everything you think. 

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, nightcrawler.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Jerry is trying to woop up on me because his 5k PR is softer than my derriere and was probably Made 3 weeks into his running career.  His long slow runs are faster than my fastest EVER runs.  Haha.  Nice try Jerry Wink 

Welcome nightcrawler!  Do you like to fish by chance?  With a user like nightcrawler... Just curious haha.

Today was my last trails class.  Ran 4+ miles in pouring down rain, muddy, water puddles, (lakes). Felt like true trail running today.  It was fun but yeah I was soaked to the bone.

Good luck Kristin!

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks for the luck everyone! It worked..... I KILLED my 10K! Clock time 1:08:2X, don't know my chip time yet....won't be too far off from that because it wasn't a huge race and didn't take that long to cross start. I was hoping for less than 1:15. and since I don't run with a Garmin I'm not sure, but it is actually possible that I unofficially PRed my 5K, or came really close, on the way. Writing my RR during commercials of the Giants game.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the luck everyone! It worked..... I KILLED my 10K! Clock time 1:08:2X, don't know my chip time yet....won't be too far off from that because it wasn't a huge race and didn't take that long to cross start. I was hoping for less than 1:15. and since I don't run with a Garmin I'm not sure, but it is actually possible that I unofficially PRed my 5K, or came really close, on the way. Writing my RR during commercials of the Giants game.

Great job!

tracilynn, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Knew you would kill it Kristin.  Great job !!!    Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Update: chip time 1:07:47!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Congrats Kristin. Welcome night crawler, tell us a bit about yourself. Traci, I thought abou you this morning when I was awoken by thunder.

From the Internet.

Afternoon, pens Smile I think I'm finally coming out of the moping phase of being broken, although it could just be that I was able to run two days in a row with minimal achiness, AND bench pressed 50 lbs 3x5 without worrying about smashing my face in today Big grin Counting down the hours until I can go to the doc and start figuring out what's wrong with the leg - only 4 more days! I did manage 20 minutes in a light snow/30F this afternoon, ran to and from work after lifting to check on an experiment. Good for 11 points in the winter running game, I think I should get an extra point or two for wearing shorts :P

Nice job Kristin! Big grin 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

9.5 mile run today with DW at a 10:30 penguin pace.  Felt great and conditions were perfect.  Lots of runners out today on the bike path.  29 mile week works for me. and only one indoor run.

Scott:  Have a Shiner for me.  

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

7.26 miles today to keep the streak alive.  Will have to come back for personals.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Afternoon, pens Smile I think I'm finally coming out of the moping phase of being broken, although it could just be that I was able to run two days in a row with minimal achiness, AND bench pressed 50 lbs 3x5 without worrying about smashing my face in today Big grin Counting down the hours until I can go to the doc and start figuring out what's wrong with the leg - only 4 more days! I did manage 20 minutes in a light snow/30F this afternoon, ran to and from work after lifting to check on an experiment. Good for 11 points in the winter running game, I think I should get an extra point or two for wearing shorts :P

Nice job Kristin! Big grin 

Lauren, snow/30F and shorts? That's good for 100 points in my book!
                              JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7.26 miles today to keep the streak alive.  Will have to come back for personals.

AW:  After your big "win" yesterday, you should go for the Carmel FM and compete with Heidi.