Beginners and Beyond

Stalker Saturdailies (Read 66 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (Please no stalking the OP).

Hip Redux

Good luck to all the racers out there this weekend!   I'm stalking Baboon and MBC at the Hartford half.  Who are you race-stalking?  Big grin

LRB

Supp!

I am still in bed, I think I drank too much last night, gah.

B-Plus

This hotel is a dump. Well, not a dump, just old and dingy.

heading out for a shakeout run in a bit then breakfast and expo.

LRB

This hotel is a dump. Well, not a dump, just old and dingy.

heading out for a shakeout run in a bit then breakfast and expo.

I rented a car the one time I went to Chicago, boy that was a mistake!

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck to all the racers this weekend - too many for me to keep track of!

I'll be leaving soon to run for a couple hours on the local rail-trail while DS hangs out at the YMCA's drop-in care. I love that they will let you run outside as long as you leave a cell phone number, and that the Y is only a little over a half-mile from the trail.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me now at the puppy pool. Hope racing for everyone is going well.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning!  I am stalking Kristin. Smile  The other east coast races started too early for me to stalk.

I had a great day off yesterday.  Ran my 13.1, then went to lunch and got pedicures with DD.  The calf and foot massage were fantastic!  Then I went on a walk with DH later.  Nice!

Today is a RD and packet pickup for tomorrow.

outoftheblue

6 miles on tap for me today.  I'm eager to do some speed work, but will hold off for another few days.

I won't be officially stalking but I will be checking in frequently waiting for me to check in and say how they did.  So please do check in peoples!  We want to know how you did.

Good luck to all!

Life is good.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

4.3 today. I was going for 8 but inadvertently stumbled into a charity walk. There was no getting around everyone on the greenway, so I just joined in. The walk raised money for children's cancer research locally, so I didn't mind. I'll get my 8 on Monday.

Hope all the racers had a great day and good luck to everyone racing tomorrow!

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

7 miles done today, pushed my long run to tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

oski - happy stalking

B+ - must have stayed there too

lrb - some cities and car rentals don't work

step - cool about the Y

marjorie - nice dub digits

zel - sounds like a good day

blue - have a good 6

hobbitt - oh well...good cause

D2 - have a good LR manana

5.5 this AM. just getting in easy miles. got new shoes in the mail yesterday and haven't opened the package - what's wrong with me...anyway, good luck to ALL racing this weekend!

marathon pr - 3:16

Jess runs for bacon

I am stalking like a million people this weekend. Had a 10k today, almost a minute PR (and old PR course was short by .15). I probably wouldn't have bbet from mile 1.5 to 2 this girl (who had one of those obnoxious apps that tell you everything out loud and she wasn't wearing headphones) would work really hard to pass me then her app would tell her to walk, then it would happen again. By the third time I was like fuck this, picked up the pace and somehow managed to hold it for the next four.

On the negative side, it's official: my favorite sports bra has turned on me Sad It started chafing a few weeks ago at my last half, and it has continued. Time to go shopping, I don't really want to have to use body glide for a 6 mile run.

outoftheblue

Congrats on the PR Jessica!!!!

I hate it when my favorite running clothes start chaffing.   I've got two piles in my drawer -- stuff I can still wear for shorter runs, and my "good stuff."   Every now and then I have to move something over to the short run pile.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Congrats, Jess!  Sorry about the sports bra.  Maybe after everything heals up it will be fine for the shorter runs?