Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Membership has its Privileges (Read 43 times)

LRB

LRB

What's up crew!

It is currently 50 degrees here and the first thing that came to my mind was I wish I could race!  lol

It's hard to believe but the fall marathon training season is slowly creeping up on us and for some has already begun.

I am really excited about marathon training this year despite the wretched conditions we will likely be training in, because where marathon training is concerned extreme conditions be damned; we do it for the Glory! 

Anyhoo, I will be heading out shortly.  Wha 'cha got up today peeps?

delicate flower

Hello, all my fellow runners and our 10,000 Daves!  It's a rainy one here this morning!  It's supposed to clear up for my evening run though.  Last night was 8 miles at 8:15 avg pace.  It started off easy, then got hard (twss).  Still shaking out that marathon, I gather.

Ok, control your jealousy now:  I have a three hour meeting this morning.

LRB, I look forward to seeing you train for a marathon given how fast you've become.  And you will soon officially be destroying me in every disstance. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning, LOL.

7 miles for me.  Can someone send a bed to the office?  I'll need it, thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I can always count on you guys to get the dailies started by the time I finish my run. 7.9 And the streak of 58 days ends now. SRD tmw.

Beth - wtf is going on? Is that madness anywhere near your hood?! Stay safe!

happylily

Morning all my little Daves! 

So, Mr Sexy is about to begin marathon training? Woohoo! Brothers-in-arms we will be. :-)

Enjoy the meeting, Phil! I'm placing an order for a bed to be sent to Damaris' office. You want one sent to your conference room, while we're at it?

Damaris, I thought beds at work were a given in government's offices? In Canada, all our civil servants have beds attached to their desks as part of their benefits. It's in their collective convention. Enjoy your day, hopefully you feel more awake soon!

9 miles with 3x1600m at 5k (or 10 if it's too hot in there).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

B-Plus, what happened in NB? Gonna check now...

EDIT: Scary! I think Beth lives an hour or two away from Moncton. But still, I hope she stays safe. That jerk will travel.

Morning all my little Daves! 

So, Mr Sexy is about to begin marathon training? 

Morning to you too, and yes I am. 

So glad to be back to the cooler morning temps here, great running conditions. 8 easy miles.

Dave

happylily

Morning to you too, and yes I am. 

So glad to be back to the cooler morning temps here, great running conditions. 8 easy miles.

Sexy cranky Dave? Sounds right to me. 

B-Plus

B-Plus, what happened in NB? Gonna check now...

EDIT: Scary! I think Beth lives an hour or two away from Moncton. But still, I hope she stays safe. That jerk will travel.

Wtf is wrong with people 

Btw, I ran to Quebec this morning.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gail and I did weight training last night. She has her circuit of stuff she does and I have my circuit of stuff I do that my PT gave me to help with my spinal arthritis.   I've been doing 2 sets of 10 reps on each machine but at my last appointment my PT told me now it's time to increase the activity level, so last night per his instructions I went up to 3 sets of 10 reps each and, wow, by the time the session was done I could feel the change!

Was going to get up and run early this a.m. - yuk, don't like running in the morning on a weekday, I am so not a weekday morning person - but I got lucky, we got a little bit of a wind coming in today  to help cool us off a bit so Weatherman said it will only be a high of 92 today instead of 96.  Yeah, I can handle 92, no problem,  so instead of having to get up early this morning to run I get to run after work now, which is my favorite time to run during the weekdays.  Planning on about 3 - 4 miles in a local park that has good trails and lots of shade trees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Glad to see so many cheery, cheeky people here this morning.

I have a taper SRD, so not doing a darn thing running-wise.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

50 degrees!  Detroit doesn't get a summer?

Three hour meeting, dang....good luck with that, Baboon, hope you can manage to stay awake.

Happy 7 miles, Damaris.  Sneak in some 5-minute power naps throughout the day.

58 day streak, congrats, B-Plus.

Hope the weather behaves for you, Lily, good luck with your miles.  Damaris can't sleep at the office because she's a govt lawyer....and our govt never sleeps.

Congrats on your 8, DaveP, and nice on the cooler conditions.

Enjoy not doing a darn thing, Step.

Dang, scary about the Canada shooting.     Hope the shooter gets caught quickly.   After he does get caught, besides going to prison for a long time, he should  also have his citizenship revoked  ...Canadians are polite, they don't shoot people!  Just an awful thing, very sad.  Heart goes out to the family of those police officers who were killed.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Ok, control your jealousy now:  I have a three hour meeting this morning.

Ugh, I am f*ckin swamped today.  Such is the life around this place when you want to take one stinking day off. 

Julie honey, I still have a ways tog go before my training starts in July.

Scotty there is a cool front rolling in, and no one is complaining.

How are you feeling Shari?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good morning all,

It is going to be a beautiful though warm day today.

LRB

Marathon training! Yeah buddy

Baboon

I'll take your 3 hour meeting and somehow find a way to feign alertness when I am fully asleep.  Wink

DR

I work out of the house... and the bed is far too close.  I hear ya, really tired this AM myself.

B-Plus

Wha? Fill us in

Lily

Sounds like a wonderful workout... for you. (I'm still sleepy)

Dave

Enjoy your temps!

scotty

Nice improvement! Its always fun when you can see it. (or feel it!)

Step

Yay no running!,  whoa wait.. =)   Enjoy your SRD!